Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#103467 - 01/03/16 07:33 PM Leap Frog (Voltmace #25)  
StarshipUK Offline
StarshipUK  Offline

I saw this at http://www.mess.org/dumping/games_needed

I have this original cartridge but do not have the skills to dump it.

Leap Frog (Voltmace #25)

I can however post it to someone to Dump, if they want to send it back to me after it has been dumped.

I also have the following Japanese Carts for the Tomy Pyuuta:
014E Pooyan ~ プーヤン (Released for Tutor as well)
015E Jungler ~ ジャングラー (Released for Tutor as well)
016E Guttang Gottong ~ ガッタンゴットン (Released as Loco-motion for Tutor)
018E Tron ~ トロン (Released as Hyperspace for Tutor)

Although these are not difficult to find or obtain, so not sure if someone would already have these and is just waiting to dump them. From what I have read I also believe there are some differences between Tron (Japan) and Hyperspace (USA) as a result of licensing agreement, so might be worth dumping both.

I also have the following Casio Loopy carts:

[XK-504] Loopy Town no Oheya ga Hoshii! (ルーピータウンのおへやがほしい!)
[XK-701] Lupiton no Wonder Palette (ルピトンのワンダーパレット) (Larger box bundled with mouse)

Again, quite easy to get hold of, so I am guessing someone already has these ready to dump.

#103472 - 01/03/16 10:04 PM Re: Leap Frog (Voltmace #25) [Re: StarshipUK]  
ssj Offline
ssj  Offline

Hi,

It would be awesome if you could loan us those to dump! I've been in the search for Leap Frog since years and it has already eluded me once.

Best way would probably be to ship them to Team Europe since you seem to be in the UK? He already has everything setup to dump Pyuuta and VC4000 carts so should get it done pretty fast.
I'll send you a pm for details.

There are several collectors known to have those games unfortunately none of them are willing to get them dumped which means normally we end up needing to spend a lot of money buying them ourselves.

Thanks

#103474 - 01/03/16 10:51 PM Re: Leap Frog (Voltmace #25) [Re: StarshipUK]  
StarshipUK Offline
StarshipUK  Offline

I have seen it a couple of times on EBay over the years, but got it the first time I saw it. It was in a Voltmace Database bundle which also had the rare No.24 Munch & Crunch as well, but neither have boxes (they were all the same style storage boxes for this system anyway with no artwork) or instructions. I sent a E-Mail to the owner of this page: http://amigan.1emu.net/igg/ back in 2013 about getting both carts dumped (both were undumped at the time), but he did not seem too helpful, so I left it. Still that page is a good resource for the VC4000 series machines and what games were actually released on what systems. There is also a rather good interview at http://www.old-computers.com/magazine/view.asp?r=6&a=15 with the programmer of those two games.

I just wish I had some of the machine converters which existed in very small numbers which allowed you to play different VC4000 system carts from other VC4000 systems, as most the carts were just different sizes with different pin outs, but would work on all VC4000 systems with these rare converters, where I have never seen one for sale for any system, ever and just a few pictures which show they really existed.

Please send me a PM and we can sort out addresses and details.

I am a collector of some obscure Japanese systems including these, but I also buy them to use them, so the only option I have is to buy original game carts for these systems which have no multicart or flash cart device. I guess I am a bit OCD when it comes to complete collections, but know its unlikely I will ever own all known games for some of these systems not only due to rarity but also crazy high prices which just seem to be getting higher. I often try and buy carts unboxed when I can as they are normally cheaper.

I think it is important that these rare games are archived for future preservation, which includes possible use with future flash carts or multicarts to use on original systems.

#103475 - 01/03/16 11:54 PM Re: Leap Frog (Voltmace #25) [Re: StarshipUK]  
F1ReB4LL Offline
F1ReB4LL  Offline

Originally Posted By StarshipUK
From what I have read I also believe there are some differences between Tron (Japan) and Hyperspace (USA) as a result of licensing agreement, so might be worth dumping both.

Tron should have a title screen:

#103476 - 01/04/16 02:15 AM Re: Leap Frog (Voltmace #25) [Re: StarshipUK]  
ssj Offline
ssj  Offline

ahah I was all over that Voltmace auction, but unfortunately the seller refused to ship outside the UK so I couldn't get it. You got a pretty good deal on that lot iirc, that's what sellers get when they restrict their auctions like that.

I know James, he is a nice guy strange that he didn't answer you. He can't dump Voltmace carts though so perhaps that was the issue, it was me who provided Munch & Crunch and some of the other undumped carts to his website (all dumped by Team Europe).

There was a multicart project started for Pyuuta, but don't think it got any development since a long time now.
Regarding the VC4000 converters, if it's just a matter of re-routing pins shouldn't be hard to build one. I believe someone was also working on a VC4000 multicart, but don't recall where I heard about it.

#103489 - 01/04/16 08:16 PM Re: Leap Frog (Voltmace #25) [Re: StarshipUK]  
StarshipUK Offline
StarshipUK  Offline

Looking back I bought a few voltmace database auctions. They are not particularly popular or collectable, so often don't sell or are quite cheap.

On Ebay I bought one back on 18/09/2011 with 7 games for £31 and a bundle with an unspecified number of games on 28 Mar 2013 for £30. I can't remember what bundle had carts 24 and 25 - but think it might have been the 2011 bundle. It also looks like I bought a system for 54p and £6.50 postage on 08/09/2009 as well, but only one of the systems I have is fully working.

The Voltmace Database is not the most reliable system ever made - I think I read somewhere that the later models made in Hong Kong were particularly cheap and unreliable, and think all had issues with cart contacts meaning you have to bang the carts in really hard on them.

I did get an answer from James, perhaps just a misunderstanding. Like I say, I do like his site and have used it a few times for reference.

Never heard of a Pyuuta multicart (I would so love one!), but very often things get announced and become vapourware. The VC4000 multicart was posted about on AtariAge back in mid-2014 as someone in Germany working on it, but not heard anything more since then.

I expect the VC4000 converter would be easy to make with converting the pins, but difficult bit would be finding correct size cart slots and moulding it in a plastic case. Probably not cheap enough to do unless it was produced in numbers, and probably not enough demand to make them. I am not very good with things like this and would probably end up blowing something or myself up trying to do this.

#103492 - 01/05/16 01:44 AM Re: Leap Frog (Voltmace #25) [Re: StarshipUK]  
ssj Offline
ssj  Offline

I think the lot I'm talking about was more recent, maybe 2013 or 2014 so seems it wasn't that one after all.

The easiest way to build the multicart would probably be to buy a console and use it simply for a cart slot donor. Assuming they all use proprietary connectors that is, which I'm not sure about.

#103495 - 01/05/16 07:18 AM Re: Leap Frog (Voltmace #25) [Re: ssj]  
Anna Wu Offline
Very Senior Member
Anna Wu  Offline
Very Senior Member

Maybe Tanam-San can help?
His English language skills are good.
http://www.geocities.jp/parallel_computer_inc/cart.html

#103532 - 01/06/16 05:48 PM Re: Leap Frog (Voltmace #25) [Re: StarshipUK]  
F1ReB4LL Offline
F1ReB4LL  Offline

Talking about the VC4000 clones: http://atariage.com/forums/uploads/monthly_10_2013/post-26445-0-32998000-1382768635.jpg - is the Cabel #25 "Green Spider" = Spider's Web or something unique? amigan.1emu.net db only lists the Cabel's carts upto #23, so the #24 Soccer and #25 "Green Spider" aren't there. Asking, because in Spider's Web the spider is white most of the time (it turns green only after eating the bug) and it's not very reasonable to call it "Green Spider" smile

#103544 - 01/07/16 08:06 AM Re: Leap Frog (Voltmace #25) [Re: StarshipUK]  
ssj Offline
ssj  Offline

Not 100% sure, but looking at the artwork alone I'm pretty confident it's the same game Spider's Web.

One way to find out for sure is to contact Adrien Scheel as he seem to own the game:
http://www.pong-picture-page.de/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2557

I'll try to drop him a line and see if he replies.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Justin, 1 invisible), 20 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,389
Posts108,532
Members4,750
Most Online225
May 26th, 2014