So here's the deal, I've got a ton of vintage computer and console stuff that I amassed back in the day, and I've passed it from storage unit to storage unit for the past 15+ years. The majority of it, I haven't touched in 8-9 years easily. However, it's time for me to stop falling prey to suck cost fallacy, to clinging to projects that might be, imaginary eBay dollars, and just holding onto collections for the sake of having cared about them a lot more when I was younger, and be a lot more aggressive about getting rid of stuff I'm tired of moving around or paying to keep somewhere.
Anyway! Rather than just dump them off at goodwill or into the trash bin, I keep talking about getting them into the hands of people who will do something with them, preferably towards emulation (even if I'm not gung-ho about collecting the stuff, I've still followed MAME all this time and enjoy the efforts everyone has put into it, and would like to help). I talked about this probably a couple years ago now on MW but I've reached a point where it's get rid of it either way so here we are.
While I would prefer to put it into the hands of people I recognize as being MAME/MESS contributors, especially if it's towards a specific need, in the end any use is better than none, I'd just prefer to weed out random people who just want free goodies. If you're interested, comment or send me a PM, I'll let you know what the costs to ship it to you are and then it's all yours. I'm putting a deadline on myself that if there's been no interest within a week, it's gone, and I'm trying to get a few boxes worth of stuff each week. We'll see how this goes.
I only get a chance to get there once, maybe twice a week, sometimes not every week and am just going to pull stuff out in batches so I'll post when I do.
I glanced quickly at these earlier but if anyone is interested I can provide more info or pictures if needed.
So the first batch of stuff, let's see how this goes:
* a box of late 80s/90s-era mac software, most Apple branded, boxed, with manuals and original disks. I saw french system 7.5, Data Access Toolkit, Apple Media Tool, Hypercard, DOS Companion, and SNAps 3270, but I also saw 3rd party stuff like SoftPC and SoftWindows disks as well as Ofoto, Omnis 3 and MacFortran. Probably ~15-20 packages total.
Darkstar has first dibs on this, if not it's free game.
* Apple II Science Toolkit (3-4 boxes). as seen here https://collections.museumvictoria.com.au/items/1231827
I think RB wanted these and I couldn't find them when I gave him a bunch of other stuff, but if not, whoever wants it.
* Asante Ethernet NICs (probably nubus but they were boxed)
* 2 DataFrame 20 external hard drives. They are a strange beast with a weird controller and that was the only reason I hung onto them this long. They both worked, spun up, and mounted in 2004. But condition is unknown and I don't have anything to hook them up to.
* AppleWorks II (Claris branded, boxed, with manuals). I own both II and IIgs versions, I'm not sure which this one is (or where the other one is atm) but I can take a look if it matters.
* And sorta unrelatedly, a big box of circa 1998-2000ish Sprint cell phones. CDMA 1G/2G, about half of them are early smartphones (2-3 are Palm-based, others are custom PDA-type OS, I know there was a NeoPoint and LG/Denso phones). The rest are just typical phones for the era by Samsung, Sony, Qualcomm, etc.
I don't think?? there's any use toward emulation but you never know, the smartphones were kind of innovative for the time, they're too old for places to take as donation and I'd rather not send them to the dump to be e-waste. I should have a sheet somewhere with all of the MSL (master lock codes) if anyone is interested in them, that increases their usefulness greatly.
There might be a few other things I'm forgetting, I'll update later if so. Now to eat dinner.