Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#109942 - 06/20/17 07:22 AM sdlmame build fail on mac g5 ppc  
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 9
dan81 Offline
Member
dan81  Offline
Member

Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 9
hi!
i'd like to compile sdlmame for my old g5 ( osx 10.5 ) but make fails frown

pre required problem :
- i use last sdl2 for ppc : https://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL2-2.0.2.dmg

- i' have problem to obtane libcxx dependence from mac prot

- and the last glan for ppc il glang3.4 ( glang3.7 is required frown http://docs.mamedev.org/initialsetup/compilingmame.html )

i use this command line:

make TARGETOS=macosx BIGENDIAN=1 OVERRIDE_CC=/opt/local/bin/clang-mp-3.4 OVERRIDE_CXX=/opt/local/bin/clang++-mp-3.4 PYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/opt/local/bin/python2.7 ARCHOPTS=-stdlib=libc++

but i have this error:
Converting src/mame/drivers/ymmu100.ppm...
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-std=c++11"
make[1]: *** [m68kmake.o] Error 1
make: *** [src/devices/cpu/m68000/m68kops.cpp] Error 2

probably clang3.4 is not c++11 compliant?

i have try to compile clang3.7 but i obtain this error:
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
g5:build daniele$ cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" ../llvm
-- No build type selected, default to Debug
CMake Error at cmake/modules/CheckAtomic.cmake:36 (message):
Host compiler appears to require libatomic, but cannot find it.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
cmake/config-ix.cmake:291 (include)
CMakeLists.txt:360 (include)

but i have installed libatomic_ops @7.4.4 (devel) from port but cmake glang fails frown

who can help me to compile mame on my g5?
there is any command line option for ppc architteture?

thanks
Daniele



Last edited by dan81; 06/20/17 08:16 AM. Reason: link sdl2
#109945 - 06/20/17 08:04 AM Re: sdlmame build fail on mac g5 ppc [Re: dan81]  
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,849
Vas Crabb Offline
Very Senior Member
Vas Crabb  Offline
Very Senior Member

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,849
Sydney, Australia
You probably can't compile it on your G5 if you can't get sufficiently recent clang working.

#109946 - 06/20/17 09:19 AM Re: sdlmame build fail on mac g5 ppc [Re: dan81]  
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 9
dan81 Offline
Member
dan81  Offline
Member

Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 9
probably could be better complete last sdlmame compatible with ppc architecture ... for the moment.
someone know the last sdlmame build compatible with ppc?

#109947 - 06/20/17 10:55 AM Re: sdlmame build fail on mac g5 ppc [Re: dan81]  
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 684
Tafoid Offline
Senior Member
Tafoid  Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 684
USA
As linked from MAMEDEV.ORG this seems to be the latest available binaries for PPC Mac:OSX: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/07r0cvcq1i39g/OSX_PPC_10.5_%28SDL2%29




#109948 - 06/20/17 12:09 PM Re: sdlmame build fail on mac g5 ppc [Re: Tafoid]  
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 9
dan81 Offline
Member
dan81  Offline
Member

Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 9
i have tested all sdl2 build and last sdl1build , but , on my g5 they don't work frown
rom scan fail or/and frontend/gui doesn't work frown
so i have decide to compile it from source !
on mac intel compile work like a charm !!! you need to write only make , but on g5 it seems impossible

#109957 - 06/21/17 07:26 AM Re: sdlmame build fail on mac g5 ppc [Re: Tafoid]  
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 9
dan81 Offline
Member
dan81  Offline
Member

Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by Tafoid
As linked from MAMEDEV.ORG this seems to be the latest available binaries for PPC Mac:OSX: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/07r0cvcq1i39g/OSX_PPC_10.5_%28SDL2%29


this mame build works!!
i had configured wrong qmc2 ! mame 168 with qmc2 54 works!

probably i can compile only mame 0157 or before frown with the command : make TARGETOS=macosx BIGENDIAN=1

" http://sdlmame.lngn.net/ " how had you compiled your pcc mame? thanks for your work!

#110079 - 06/30/17 08:19 PM Re: sdlmame build fail on mac g5 ppc [Re: dan81]  
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 172
MacBox360 Offline
Senior Member
MacBox360  Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 172
You can try with GCC 6.3 instead, the build process goes a bit further but again it stops when c++ libraries are invoked. Also an SDL2 library for OSX PPC never officially existed, the best you can have is to build a universal binary (PPC/x86) of 2.0.1 and then using it in your projects. The link you posted above point to a intel-only SDL2 library, useless with PowerMacs. If you search a bit in the place where you have found the 0.168 PPC binary you should found also a working PPC SDL2 library to use in your projects.

Good luck and if you succeed in building a working OSX PPC binary of SDLmame please share it with us :-)

#110108 - 07/03/17 06:59 AM Re: sdlmame build fail on mac g5 ppc [Re: MacBox360]  
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 9
dan81 Offline
Member
dan81  Offline
Member

Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by MacBox360
You can try with GCC 6.3 instead, the build process goes a bit further but again it stops when c++ libraries are invoked. Also an SDL2 library for OSX PPC never officially existed, the best you can have is to build a universal binary (PPC/x86) of 2.0.1 and then using it in your projects. The link you posted above point to a intel-only SDL2 library, useless with PowerMacs. If you search a bit in the place where you have found the 0.168 PPC binary you should found also a working PPC SDL2 library to use in your projects.

Good luck and if you succeed in building a working OSX PPC binary of SDLmame please share it with us :-)


hi here sdl2 for ppc https://www.mediafire.com/?z271aj8pts8wr#07r0cvcq1i39g ( by http://sdlmame.lngn.net/ ) i'll try with gcc 6.3 but i remeber that macport doesn't have ggc 6.3 for ppc . i'll check it asap!

#110200 - 07/06/17 09:49 PM Re: sdlmame build fail on mac g5 ppc [Re: dan81]  
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 172
MacBox360 Offline
Senior Member
MacBox360  Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 172
If someone is motivated enough to go ahead with OSX PPC port of SDLmame I have found this article in MacPorts that could be useful:

Progress about CXX 11 compatible Clang compiler on 10.5 PPC

The tricky part seem to be the build of universal (x86/ppc32) libcxx libraries that still require an intel Mac but once trasferred they should work fine on PPC machines. I have not tried myself but it seems possible.

#110204 - 07/07/17 09:18 AM Re: sdlmame build fail on mac g5 ppc [Re: MacBox360]  
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 9
dan81 Offline
Member
dan81  Offline
Member

Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by MacBox360
If someone is motivated enough to go ahead with OSX PPC port of SDLmame I have found this article in MacPorts that could be useful:

Progress about CXX 11 compatible Clang compiler on 10.5 PPC

The tricky part seem to be the build of universal (x86/ppc32) libcxx libraries that still require an intel Mac but once trasferred they should work fine on PPC machines. I have not tried myself but it seems possible.


thanks for your link , Hope to try soon on my g5

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  R. Belmont 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Reznor007, ssj, Golden Child, plgDavid), 32 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,426
Posts109,198
Members4,759
Most Online225
May 26th, 2014
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.031s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 5.0165 MB (Peak: 5.2376 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2017-10-18 16:47:43 UTC