Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#113162 - 04/19/18 04:48 PM Suggestion to Favorites list  
RColtrane Offline
RColtrane  Offline

I wish I could have this feature in Qmc2 but I don't know how complex is to do such thing...

I would love to have some sort of division in the Favorites list where I could list arcade, console and computers into different segments. Or an option to have 3 Favorites lists instead of 1, where each list would display its own category. In this case, one list would list all consoles, one would list all computers and the other one would list all arcade games.

IMO the games would be better displayed this way since you would be able to choose which list you want to display in your selection screen. One of them, 2 of them or all of them simultaneously. The way things are being displayed now is a little messy, with consoles and computers all merged with arcade games.

Last edited by RColtrane; 04/19/18 04:50 PM.
#113163 - 04/20/18 12:33 AM Re: Suggestion to Favorites list [Re: RColtrane]  
MAMEBase Offline
MAMEBase  Offline

Madison, WI, USA
Another option would be to have a 'Playlists' feature, so one could group games by favorites, control types, similar themes, or multiple players favorites, as needed.

MAMETunes did this (and did it well), but it's no longer supported... frown

It's a feature I miss...

The following statement is true...
The preceding statement is false.
#113172 - 04/20/18 08:21 PM Re: Suggestion to Favorites list [Re: MAMEBase]  
Monotremata Offline
Monotremata  Offline

California
Originally Posted by MAMEBase
Another option would be to have a 'Playlists' feature, so one could group games by favorites, control types, similar themes, or multiple players favorites, as needed.

MAMETunes did this (and did it well), but it's no longer supported... frown

It's a feature I miss...

RetroArch does this exactly. I use that for all my consoles, but I won't touch MAME with it cause their cores for MAME are always a bit behind where we are. Would love to see this as well.

#113186 - 04/22/18 03:11 AM Re: Suggestion to Favorites list [Re: RColtrane]  
MAMEBase Offline
MAMEBase  Offline

Madison, WI, USA
Well, as long as I'm thinking about it, I may as well add on my other feature request for QMC2;

Command Line Mode

As I understand it (and please correct me if I'm mistaken), QMC2 (as well as any front end) internally builds a command line, based on selected parameters, and sends the finished command line on to MAME.

What I'm proposing is a feature that, when activated, suspends the command line, and makes it visible to the user, allowing the user to edit the command line, and then send it on to MAME.

I believe this would be useful in troubleshooting situations, as well as experimenting with different options.

Thoughts?

The following statement is true...
The preceding statement is false.

Moderated by  qmc2 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (dxl, AJR), 25 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,534
Posts111,540
Members4,793
Most Online225
May 26th, 2014