Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11414 - 03/08/05 08:45 PM hidden fighters in fighting layer  
joyrider Offline
joyrider  Offline

Hi,

i figured out that fighting layer has at least 2 hidden fighters since the player select nr started counting from 2, and 0 & 1 were ajax and joe and i was able to play with clemence and vold also but i'm not certain if these are normally selectable. (player nr 14 & 15) however i do not know how they are normally accessed. Does someone have more information about this, like how u can unlock them, timerelease, code, score or sumthing. Does someone have a cfg or know the offset in the file to change in order to access them?

thanks

update 1:
nvrm found the offset myself. ajax and joe are the only normal ones. the knight shark tiger etc from the special stages are also playable but it makes the game unstable i'm trying to end the game with them to see if they lock up the game or not if not it'll be in the trainer if so only the normal unlockable ones will be in it. it's pretty funny playing with the shark doh.

update 2:
the knight makes the screen go black from round 2 so the tiger, shark, bird and knight won't be added. The tiger however could be used to end the game if i figure out a way to exclude the knight the animals might go in after all otherwise it's just the 2 normal ones since i still have to try to end the game with volo and clemence to see if they have side effects if not u'll have 4 extra characters for fighting layer in the trainer. i'll keep u guys posted

update 3:
well i was wrong i forget about zinc adding 00 every odd byte in the nvrams so i did find it out in memory where they map the value from cfg in memory (and not being the cfg in memory itself) by leaving out the zero byte. I also found out the value to get only the 3 characters and not the shark and vold the endboss cause his body disolved later in the game and he had no announcer voice either makes me suspect he wasn't ment to be playable which could lock up the game. So u'll have clemence (he had anouncer voice and no side effects noticed) ajax and joe as extra fighters. Tommorow i'll try to update the trainer with it along with all the secret character memory addresses i found out during the last few days to the trainer. (Sfex,Sfex plus,sfex 2, sfex 2 plus,psychic force,rival schools games,tekken 3 (better way as in previous version),kikaoh, soul edge so1/so3 and dead or alive).

I'd still like some information about fighting layers hidden fighters wich should be unlockable and which shouldn't so that i can make it like it is in the arcade to prevent problems. if someone has information bout this please let me know

If someone knows more about hidden fighters either by time release or codes or something which make them appear on the character select screen in some of the other games (tekken 2 not included) please let me know also so i can start to figure those out and that i don't have to spend days looking at a game just to find out they don't have any secret characters.

Willems Soft - home of zinc trainer (last update 06/02/2006)
Software Archive - 4500+ software listings
#11415 - 03/19/05 03:54 AM Re: hidden fighters in fighting layer  
Hammy Offline
Hammy  Offline

U.K
on my fighting layer board unlocked are:
Joe, Ajax and clemence

no idea if the others are unlockable, and would like to know if they are.

Hammy
#11416 - 03/19/05 08:25 AM Re: hidden fighters in fighting layer  
joyrider Offline
joyrider  Offline

well its possible using a memory or nvram hack to play with the other fighters as well however problems arise during gameplay. For example the endboss is playable but some of his moves won't work on all stages and also his body disolves as soon as u fight the knight. His body stay's disolved for the rest of the game.
another problem was with the knight u could play with him for one round but starting from round 2 the screen would go all black. Playing with the shark and tiger etc gave no problem, i finished the game while playing with the tiger but there's not really a fun part about it except for acutally playing with them cause they have no special moves that i noticed it's just that each button has one similar attack 2 attacks per animal.

i was correct about the other 3 fighters being playable since they had anouncers voices in the title select screen (the boss didn't). so i'll keep it that way in the trainer as well since the others aren't normally unlockable an could only be played with using hacks.

Thanks for letting me know

Willems Soft - home of zinc trainer (last update 06/02/2006)
Software Archive - 4500+ software listings

Moderated by  R. Belmont 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Vas Crabb), 19 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,426
Posts109,205
Members4,759
Most Online225
May 26th, 2014