Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#85113 - 02/01/13 11:54 AM Re: M1 Android [Re: Vas Crabb]  
The Tias Offline
The Tias  Offline

Originally Posted By Vas Crabb
Well, in the end I downloaded ADT and NDK and built it myself. Works pretty well with the exception of the stop button that sends it to hell. My wife likes it, too.

Yeah, hitting Stop prevents it from loading any further songs and hangs the app. Pause should work OK, just not stop. This occurs both on my Epic 4G (being switched out for a Note 2 today, YAY!) as well as my Transformer Prime TF-201 running ICS 4.1.1.

It will eventually get fixed I'm sure, and so too will the very narrow list names (hard to finger press those on smaller phones).

My only real quip right now is that on some games, notably P-47, the songs will not loop infinitely like I want them to. They appear to have their list lengths forced even though I disabled the Use List Length for Songs option.

#85126 - 02/02/13 03:26 AM Re: M1 Android [Re: neko68k]  
Vas Crabb Offline
Very Senior Member
Vas Crabb  Offline
Very Senior Member

Sydney, Australia
There's a "default length" option in the settings. It's set to five minutes by default.

#85669 - 02/15/13 11:47 PM Re: M1 Android [Re: Vas Crabb]  
The Tias Offline
The Tias  Offline

Originally Posted By Vas Crabb
There's a "default length" option in the settings. It's set to five minutes by default.

I set it to ten minutes, and when that didn't work for P-47, ten hours. It still dies at exactly 2:06 each time (two minutes, six seconds). Since it's the only ROM I'm having issues with right now, at least that I know of, I'm going to just assume it's a corrupt ROM and try to find a more recent version of it.

#85673 - 02/16/13 02:44 AM Re: M1 Android [Re: neko68k]  
neko68k Offline
neko68k  Offline

I just bought a Galaxy Note II to replace my old Galaxy S and got inspired to do some work. Sorry its been so long smile

Default time/list time is broken. I think the flags for setting things like normalize between songs is too. I think I fixed the language switch not updating the list thing ages ago but I don't remember ~_~ The Stop button is also a known issue. I'm going to replace it with something else, probably re-trigger.

First on the list of projects is the game browser. That thing sucks, eh? I figured I'd fix the size of the rows, add some relevant fields, sorting, favorites. Other suggestions specifically for the game browser?

There will be some other small improvements and fixes, such as a new icon. Maybe some surprises.

#86282 - 03/01/13 10:29 AM Re: M1 Android [Re: neko68k]  
The Tias Offline
The Tias  Offline

Quote:
Other suggestions specifically for the game browser?

Actually, yes. In addition to the control buttons on the songlist page, a swipe to go to next subtune would be awesome. I'm thinking in the vein of WinAmp, where I can switch songs effortlessly while I'm driving without taking my eyes off the road. An easily visible yet not too intrusive Loop/Sequence button would probably help a lot of people as well, but it isn't mandatory since it is at least an option in the preferences.

I'm sure you've noticed that whenever M1 is launched it takes ages to load up even with only a handful of ROMs - would you know why this is? Me personally, I'm using a SanDisk Ultra Class 10 64 GB SD Card formatted in exFAT for proper symlink capability, but FAT32 formatted was slow as well.

One thing that might speed things up for you is if you can make the app use one thread for the UI and another for an extra CPU core. Obviously this will only be something you can enable in preferences on a multi-core CPU equipped phone, but for the likes of the Galaxy S III and Note 2, that could give you significant headroom, especially when changing songs on more CPU intensive system emulations.

What might help your browser is not only larger fonts/row sizes, but also a proper folder viewing mode, as well as the ability for M1 to automatically check for an "m1" folder on all SD cards, since phones like the Note 2 and GS3 have an internal "SD" card, usually at /mnt/storage/sdcard0/ and an actual physical slot SD card location at /mnt/storage/extSdCard/. This scanning ability might make initial "installation" on a factory wiped phone (or a new phone) a bit more user friendly. But at least you have the option to choose manually, unlike with DroidSound, which only sees the internal SD Card storage built into the phone.

As for the stop button fix, that's essentially how M1 works on OS X, so I see no problems with that. When I'm driving, if the swipe feature is put in, I can just quickly swipe back/forth to get the song to start over again like I do in WinAmp, since I can't use buttons while I'm driving. wink

#86690 - 03/10/13 05:04 PM Re: M1 Android [Re: neko68k]  
djfiorec Offline
djfiorec  Offline

Just installed the app, but how can i choose the installation directory? I don't see any "ok" button :-(

Last edited by djfiorec; 03/10/13 05:12 PM.
#86757 - 03/12/13 05:00 PM Re: M1 Android [Re: neko68k]  
The Tias Offline
The Tias  Offline

When you first install M1 on Android, it asks you to select your installation directory. When the filesystem navigation window opens, select the root directory of your SD card (if present), or the root directory of your phone's internal memory (if no SD card is present or available).

To select the directory, long press on it.

The directory you normally want to use (in case you have to wipe your phone) is /mnt/extsdCard/ , /ext/sdcard/ , or /mnt/sdcard/

If you are using the phone's internal memory, one of these would be the typical mount point:

/mnt/sdcard0 or /mnt/internal/

#86758 - 03/12/13 05:27 PM Re: M1 Android [Re: neko68k]  
djfiorec Offline
djfiorec  Offline

Thank you very much for the answer smile

I was able to install the app with a long press on /mnt/sdcard/ path.

But now, when i tap on "Open" i just see a blackscreen.

I think i have to set, if possible, a different rom path.

Isn't it?

If isn't possible, i have to install m1 toghether with MAME? So that rom path is matched...

Last edited by djfiorec; 03/12/13 05:34 PM.
#86778 - 03/13/13 09:48 AM Re: M1 Android [Re: neko68k]  
The Tias Offline
The Tias  Offline

Now that you have the install path selected, you should see a folder called m1. Inside that folder there should be a roms folder. Any games you want to listen to must be inside the roms folder. So if you want to listen to Contra, you need contra.zip inside there.

#86780 - 03/13/13 10:16 AM Re: M1 Android [Re: neko68k]  
djfiorec Offline
djfiorec  Offline

So, there's no way to change the rom path like m1 with bridge frontend?

Thanks again

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  R. Belmont 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 16 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,436
Posts109,400
Members4,766
Most Online225
May 26th, 2014