Yay for time zones ... crazyc's been figured out a lot of new stuff!
I'm going through the manuals again, looking for relevant stuff.
- there are only two internal floppies, the third one is possible, but only as an external unit, probably like the harddisk you can see herehttp://www.computermuseum-muenchen.de/images/index-itt3030.jpg
- After switching on the machine, the screen is supposed to stay dark, the "Floppy nicht bereit !" (floppy not ready message) is therefore "wrong" (but obviously present in the ROM).
- the serial port, timers/counters, iterrupt and daisy chain logic and some 256bytes of RAM are done using a MK3886 chip
- I have never seen mention of a 512K RAM card, only 64K or 256K
- banking: "You can access C000-FFFF on any of the activated banks 0-7 from the internal bank 8 without switching. This facilitates the exchange of common data" (service manual, p.17, this also has the values for selecting the pages via OUT F6H
- something about incomplete address decoding (and the subsequent repetition of memory regions) as well as the relation between main memory and (screen buffer?) memory on the video combination interface on p.50-52 of the service manual
- on p.54 info on how to protect 64 bits out of the 256 on the MK3886