Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 116 of 116 1 2 114 115 116
#109058 - 03/03/17 02:11 PM Re: Questions, suggestions or requests topic [Re: Shideravan]  
qmc2 Offline
qmc2  Offline

Very Senior Member

Germany
A function for opening a link in the "default browser" actually already exists for notes-template use... so all that's missing is a link to the PDF manual, if available (in the database). Not a big deal. I will add it at the weekend if I don't forget about it smile.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open. [Frank Zappa]

We're searching for QMC2 translators and support for existing translations. Interested? See here!
#109060 - 03/03/17 03:37 PM Re: Questions, suggestions or requests topic [Re: qmc2]  
Pernod Offline
Pernod  Offline

UK
Originally Posted by qmc2
... but for what? You can simply add the "open manual" action to the tool-bar and use it.

By that argument I should add all the Image tabs and not use Notes at all. I do have the Open Manual action in my toolbar, but would prefer to see all extras on the Notes tab. I don't mind a generic Click for Manual or No Manual image.
I also contribute to progetto and the Notes tab quickly shows me what's missing, but currently have to also check whether the Open Manual action is enabled or not.

Originally Posted by qmc2
I will add it at the weekend if I don't forget about it.

Thanks.

Last edited by Pernod; 03/03/17 03:38 PM.

BBC Micro
#109061 - 03/03/17 03:42 PM Re: Questions, suggestions or requests topic [Re: Shideravan]  
qmc2 Offline
qmc2  Offline

Very Senior Member

Germany
Well, the argument is valid because the Open Manual action in the toolbar is visible at the same time as the notes, the image tabs are not. However, you could disable the tool-bar (and the menu) so that the only way would be the context-menu in the machine-list. And that's actually why I'll add it wink (and because it's just a small change - not speaking of the notes-templates themselves, though).

Last edited by qmc2; 03/03/17 03:44 PM.

We're searching for QMC2 translators and support for existing translations. Interested? See here!
#109062 - 03/03/17 05:10 PM Re: Questions, suggestions or requests topic [Re: Shideravan]  
qmc2 Offline
qmc2  Offline

Very Senior Member

Germany
JavaScript-accessible functions have been added for this in SVN r7983 - see wiki! Now you only need to convince Shideravan to add it to his templates - or try yourself and provide a patch! The example templates also don't support it yet.

#109132 - 03/12/17 02:32 AM Re: Questions, suggestions or requests topic [Re: Shideravan]  
trevDesigns Offline
trevDesigns  Offline

Feature Request: Smart Collections.

I do know that advanced filtering of the lists are in the works per the bug tracking site. Is there away to implement an interface that is similar to iTunes Smart Playlists?? If you do not use iTunes, basically when you set up a Smart Playlist you have a screen where you can enter simple queries (and sub queries) based on set categories and operand. The operands change based on the category selected, i.e. categories dealing with numbers will use "equals" "is less than" while text-based categories will use "is" "is not" etc. This is one thing Apple got right with iTunes and would be VERY VERY helpful to filter out the ever growing list in MAME.

Someone culled together what the filter criteria could be and this would be an awesome start. https://sourceforge.net/p/gamesetmatch/wiki/Filter%20Criteria/

Here are screenshots of VERY crude mockups how it could look in the QMC2 interface and the criteria select screen ("modified" from iTunes). This is a sample Smart Collection where >> Show games where Manufacturer contains "Atari", Display is not "LCD" and ROM Type is not Device or Mechanical.

Thanks in advance for consideration.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 116 of 116 1 2 114 115 116

Moderated by  qmc2 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Robbbert, Llaffer), 48 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,318
Posts107,539
Members4,734
Most Online225
May 26th, 2014