Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: apple2 willy byte voice Golden Child 05/19/22 01:09 PM
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Finally figured out how to zap the gumball bombs.

I can't find any manual on the net, but this is what I figured out:

CTRL+K for keyboard, S/F for left right, D for stop, E/C for factory speed up/down, Return for crosshairs, Space for flip valves
CTRL+J for joystick, button 2 for crosshairs, button 1 to flip valves.

When an exploding gumball shows up there's a warning sound, locate the bomb, bring up the crosshairs and put the crosshairs in contact with the bomb and it will be zapped.

The exploding gumballs don't show up until Thursday.

The crosshairs initially appear over the corkscrew so if you can make the bomb go up the corkscrew you can just activate the crosshairs.
There's also a flashing countdown timer for the bomb in the upper left and you may be able to wait for it to go up the corkscrew.

A pretty good strategy is to use the left chutes as much as possible early on as you can clear the gumball out quickly. If you let it take the long path you have to keep an eye on it and it gets hard to track it with the incoming gumballs. You have to ramp up the speed to keep up with the quota, but don't set it too high that you make mistakes and see the quota get bigger.
11 504 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: lx800 self test Lord Nightmare 05/19/22 03:09 AM
I figured out the difference between illegal and illegal2 handlers: the logerror print message for the former prints 1 byte for opcode, and the latter prints 2. This means the mistake in the prefix 40 table was effectively completely harmless, just making some error messages in MAME slightly wrong.
77 5,616 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: The newer for 2022 WIP thread Pernod 05/19/22 01:58 AM
Added a couple of useful modern'ish devices for the MTX machines.

Firstly, the MAGROM, a 512K cartridge system containing many games for quick loading. Various ROM images for the device have been softlisted.

Secondly, the CFX System, a Compact Flash storage device.
Also softlisted bootable CF images for:
CP/M
Fuzix
and we can finally run Hex-Train (contains over 200MB of pre-rendered graphics)
34 6,244 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Labtam 3000 exidyboy 05/18/22 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Xolod
I made some dumps of 8inch floppy disks. But they can contain personal data of users. They need to be cleaned.

Are you able to catalogue them ie which operating systems and versions?, languages?, diagnostics? etc have the potential to be preserved?
61 8,468 Read More
Who's Online Now
1 members (Reznor007), 17 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,070
Posts118,936
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com