Thanks Ramiro!
98 5,230 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Ap2000 signs of life Ramiro Polla 10/20/20 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Golden Child
Achievement Unlocked:

Pull request successfully merged and closed

Yay!

Good job! I remember C00[0-3] bugged me for quite a while, I hadn't realized it could have been a shift register.
98 5,230 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Ap2000 signs of life Golden Child 10/20/20 11:18 AM
Achievement Unlocked:

Pull request successfully merged and closed

Yay!
98 5,230 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Mouse buttons 2 and 3 swapped? Vas Crabb 10/20/20 01:45 AM
Oh wait, that’s not what it is. I dunno, anyway, it’s something about double-clicking rather than using the key assigned to it that upsets it.
5 123 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Mouse buttons 2 and 3 swapped? Vas Crabb 10/20/20 01:42 AM
Hmm, there’s a hard-coded assumption that the key used to start input assignment is Enter. There’s a bit of weirdness if you double-click it to start assignment or you use some other button. That’s not a new issue though, the hard-coded assumption was there before that code was taken out of the input manager.
5 123 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Mouse buttons 2 and 3 swapped? Golden Child 10/20/20 01:34 AM
Ok, it's SDL then. Never mind, it's not a big deal.

Hmmm. I tried it again and it was working properly, howabout when your mouse pointer is also hovering above and highlighting the item that you're changing. Then ESC doesn't clear it.
5 123 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Mouse buttons 2 and 3 swapped? Vas Crabb 10/20/20 01:24 AM
I can’t reproduce your issue with resetting defaults, either. Hitting UI Clear with the item selected or UI Cancel while assigning the input cycles between None and the default.
5 123 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Mouse buttons 2 and 3 swapped? Vas Crabb 10/20/20 01:21 AM
It’s because SDL and Windows number the middle and right mouse buttons in the opposite order. The way it’s done now, the defualts are “correct” on Windows and wrong on SDL. The SDL lightgun provider swaps the buttons around internally so the order matches with Windows. The SDL mouse provider could get the same treatment, but whoever does it would need to test it carefully to ensure it doesn’t somehow break something.
5 123 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Mouse buttons 2 and 3 swapped? Golden Child 10/20/20 12:53 AM
Hi guys,

Was using the ct486 with a "fresh" compile, and the mouse buttons 2 and 3 are swapped. It's not a big deal, but if I go to win 95 the right mouse button doesn't work unless I fix it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It looks like its defined in src/devices/bus/rs232/hlemouse.cpp:

Code
INPUT_PORTS_START(logitech)
        PORT_INCLUDE(msft)

PORT_MODIFY("BTN")
        PORT_BIT( 0x0004, IP_ACTIVE_HIGH, IPT_BUTTON2 ) PORT_CODE(MOUSECODE_BUTTON3) PORT_CHANGED_MEMBER(DEVICE_SELF, hle_msmouse_device_base, input_changed, 0)
        PORT_BIT( 0x0001, IP_ACTIVE_HIGH, IPT_BUTTON3 ) PORT_CODE(MOUSECODE_BUTTON2) PORT_CHANGED_MEMBER(DEVICE_SELF, hle_msmouse_device_base, input_changed, 0)
INPUT_PORTS_END

Is it different on windows versus linux? I'm using ubuntu.

Code
In Linux X11, each mouse button is assigned a number.

Here's the numbering:

1 = left button
    2 = middle button (pressing the scroll wheel)
    3 = right button

======================
On windows is it the same order?

MouseButton Enum
Left 	0 	

The left mouse button.
Middle 	1 	

The middle mouse button.
Right 	2 	

The right mouse button.

Also something strange I noticed, in trying to get the mapping back to the default, hitting ESC no longer reverts it back to "None" or "Default" and you can get a huge string of multiple alternate key sequences. The sequence can grow to like 6 or 7 alternatives, then it says "Invalid Sequence Entered".

If you use the up/down arrow to highlight a different item and then go back to the previous item, you can change the mapping it to a single key/mouse button item.
5 123 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Ap2000 signs of life Golden Child 10/19/20 09:34 PM
I had a mini freakout for why the keyboard wasn't working on the ct486, but it gets the rightmost screen so it comes up initially disabled. Left screen = enabled, right screen = disabled.

Simple fix, just enable it from the Keyboard menu.

Yay! So now we can see the descenders:

98 5,230 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Ap2000 signs of life Golden Child 10/19/20 03:25 PM
Ahh, I see that it is disabled by default. I did not know that menu was there 8-)

Setting it to enabled makes it active again. Cool.

Thanks, Vas.

98 5,230 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Ap2000 signs of life Vas Crabb 10/19/20 02:29 PM
Is it actually broken? If the printer is using IPT_KEYBOARD then it’s intentional that it no longer responds to keys when the system keyboard is active. This is to solve the “typing on everything at once” issue you get the moment you plug a terminal into a computer with a keyboard, or plug two terminals into a computer. See https://mametesters.org/view.php?id=6320 and check the Keyboard Mode menu.
98 5,230 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Ap2000 signs of life Lord Nightmare 10/19/20 02:13 PM
Can you find which commit upstream broke the keys (after stashing or committing/PRing your changes?)
98 5,230 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 51 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,818
Posts116,083
Members4,915
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020