Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Ap2000 signs of life Golden Child 09/23/20 05:55 AM
I managed to convert the ap2000 driver into using my luaprinter routines to do the page saving:

They look a little "squashed" since the aspect ratio is off because it's 120x72. 120x144 would probably look more normal.

Some page samples:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

putting the first page into gimp and stretching it to 120x144:

testing to see how many lines on a page:
61 3,112 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Any easy way to draw text on a bitmap? Vas Crabb 09/22/20 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Just Desserts
That would require a library for parsing "normal" fonts (as opposed to the custom BDF format that MAME uses) and rasterizing them to glyphs. Don't think we can do that.

BDF isn’t custom, it’s a published standard from Adobe. It must be close to 40 years old now. And yeah, what ArBee said. Depending on the target MAME can rasterise fonts for the UI. On Linux, BSD, etc. where there’s no font server as such it uses an SDL library to handle TrueType fonts directly. On Windows it can use Win32 or DirectWrite, and on macOS it uses CoreText. Of course, MAME’s approach to fonts is dumb. It rasterises characters at a fixed size and then scales them, so hinting doesn’t work, and it can’t deal with combining characters at all.
3 114 Read More
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (robcfg, Pernod, Vas Crabb, baz12), 42 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,811
Posts115,965
Members4,914
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020