Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) hydef 10/17/19 09:29 PM
I honestly don't know about it but if you think it's alright that's good )

I'm starting to add some case artwork views as requested.. I'm only going to add the top of the cases with the logos on. So far there's Donkey Kong, Oil Panic and Mickey & Donald
3,421 2,104,962 Read More
Non-Windows MAME Support Jump to new posts
Re: MAME on ODROID-N2 (Linux) Steve Bourg 10/17/19 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by belegdol

Yes, these are the droids I am looking for. You could try passing ARCHOPTS=-march=native to make (need to do REGENIE=1 for the change to take effect). Make sure the flag actually does anything by running
Code
$ gcc -march=native -E -v - </dev/null 2>&1 | grep cc1

Don't hold your breath, but if a couple percent speed bump is all you need this might just do the trick.

In the majority of my tests, mame binaries compiled on this odroid-n2 with ARCHOPTS=-march=native win by a sliver. It's such a tiny margin (typically 0.1% - .25%), and there are cases where the reverse is true. I couldn't fault someone for suspecting statistical noise. Same outcome whether compiled with gcc7 or gcc8. Worth a shot.

Code
# gcc -march=native -E -v - </dev/null 2>&1 | grep cc1
 /usr/lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-gnu/8/cc1 -E -quiet -v -imultiarch aarch64-linux-gnu - -mlittle-endian -mabi=lp64 -march=armv8-a+crypto+crc -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Wformat-security

# gcc -E -v - </dev/null 2>&1 | grep cc1
 /usr/lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-gnu/8/cc1 -E -quiet -v -imultiarch aarch64-linux-gnu - -mlittle-endian -mabi=lp64 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Wformat-security

I'll also note here that I have best testing mame's maciici emulation performance, compiled with gcc7 vs. gcc8, and gcc7 is winning by a margin of nearly 2%. No net improvement for me, as I have been using gcc7 from the start.
55 961 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: c64 super sketch Golden Child 10/17/19 12:54 AM
So once we have these equations, we can make a spreadsheet, and with a bit of trial and error, deduce what the original values of the paddles when it was calibrated.

The values in VWCALDA8.VER are 58,20,193,115,84,20,70,70.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

We find that PDL0 was A=250 and B=655, and PDL1 was A=482 and B=885.

the formulas in the sheet:

From a cool article on the versawriter, I now know the length of the arms: 6 inches each and the dimensions of the main board: it measures 12" vertically and 13.5" horizontally.

ATARI CLASSICS Volume 2, Issue 3 / June 1993 / PAGE 26
LOOKiNG BACK: WHAT IS VERSAWRITER?
GARY MATTESON AC STAFF REVIEWER

https://www.atarimagazines.com/atariclassics/v2n3/looking_back.php
28 1,354 Read More
Non-Windows MAME Support Jump to new posts
MAME 0.214 crashes at startup on Catalina Carbon 10/16/19 10:08 PM
Here's the output:
Code
dyld: Symbol not found: __ZTINSt3__112bad_weak_ptrE
  Referenced from: /Applications/Emulation/MAME/./MAME
  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Versions/A/AudioToolbox
 in /Applications/Emulation/MAME/./MAME
zsh: abort      ./MAME

I built it using a beta of Xcode 11 before Catalina was released. Could that be the source of the crash?
0 11 Read More
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Praxis, Alegend45), 128 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,693
Posts114,280
Members4,865
Most Online510
Aug 26th, 2019