Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: How to install a scanline shader with MAME ? Sebiohazard 01/24/20 04:35 PM
Good evening everyone !

I still haven't managed to launch MAME with a sorry CRT curved shader... I can have several different effects like 'scanlines' or 'aperture' with the command:

Code
-effect scanlines

But I want the CRT curved shader how to proceed please? In the MAME folder there is a folder artwork\bgfx\chains\crt-geom in which there are .png files is it the option to have the curved shader ?

Thanks best regards !
20 870 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: BBC expansion devices WIP R. Belmont 01/23/20 12:43 PM
That's awesome. Between that and the ld-decode progress Domesday is starting to come together.
71 15,337 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: BBC expansion devices WIP Pernod 01/23/20 12:11 PM
And a small step closer to Domesday ...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
This is the BBC Master AIV, now with internal AIV SCSI Host Adaptor, accessing the data captured from the Community LV-ROM.
71 15,337 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: BBC expansion devices WIP Pernod 01/20/20 06:20 PM
I think I'm close to being done with the SCSI Host Adaptor.

This is the ARM Evaluation System (BBC Master, ARM co-processor, 10MB Winchester):
I can obviously softlist the CHD with the software pre-installed. For machines such as the ABC 110, where the Winchester is not a peripheral but built into the machine, it should ideally boot straight into CP/M from the harddisk. In this case do we include the CHD with the machine, or make the user select the expected CHD from the softlist?

I see any changes written to a softlisted CHD are written to the diff folder, should I prefix softlisted CHD's with something like bbc_ to ensure no potential conflicts?
71 15,337 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: SVN builds - new driver flood R. Belmont 01/20/20 01:05 PM
Thanks, WRP was the one I was thinking of, although it's apparently changed quite a bit since then. When I used it it was mostly Python.
5,293 15,482,762 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: SVN builds - new driver flood Duke 01/20/20 12:54 PM
There are several. For example:

https://github.com/atauenis/webone
https://github.com/tenox7/wrp

(and great work!)
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: SVN builds - new driver flood R. Belmont 01/20/20 12:44 PM
Great work! There's a proxy you can set up that "devolves" modern webpages into simple HTML and PNG images for this sort of thing. I can't remember what it's called though.
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: SVN builds - new driver flood pmackinlay 01/20/20 07:48 AM
And now networking is working, although a lot of tidying-up is still needed.

IE 2 isn't compatible with most of the web these days, but there is a MIPS version of IE3 that I'll try to install shortly.

QMC2 Jump to new posts
Re: Empty softwarelist "fix" - Windows binaries Shideravan 01/19/20 05:08 AM
Great release! Thanks!
1 86 Read More
QMC2 Jump to new posts
Re: 0.217 eliminates a mess MusicLovr 01/18/20 03:38 PM
Excellent! Thanks...
42 958 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Scripty things Carbon 01/17/20 10:10 PM
I just tried this for the first time and got the following error:

Code
[MAME]> r = require "robotron"
error: 	./Plugins/robotron.lua:8: attempt to index a nil value (local 'cpu')

I'm using 0.217 on macOS Catalina.

Edit: Oops, my error, messed ROM path up. It works now, it is really awesome stuff.
2 3,354 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: BBC expansion devices WIP Pernod 01/17/20 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Olivier Galibert
[quote=Pernod]
You shouldn't use m_scsi in the first place. Use the ack_w and write callbacks instead, which do have access to the refid.

Thanks, makes sense. So the s100/ascsasi device is clearly not a good example.

I'm now seeing SCSI 0 being selected and the callbacks being called so making progress. There are so many line inverters on the adaptor it gets confusing.
71 15,337 Read More
QMC2 Jump to new posts
Re: 0.217 eliminates a mess Robbbert 01/17/20 08:54 PM
I'm happy to "host" anything emulation-related, especially if it's Mame-related. But I won't be supporting anything more than I am now.

If things change and a new version becomes necessary, then someone who knows what to do will have to fix it and point me at it.

I will make these new qmc2 downloads available shortly, and add a link to this forum.

EDIT: done.
42 958 Read More
QMC2 Jump to new posts
Re: 0.217 eliminates a mess MusicLovr 01/17/20 06:39 PM
Much thanks. I have posted links, in a new thread, for folks who might be disinclined to read 40 posts, to find a link. The files are on google drive. The links show red, but they do seem to work, without login.

No complete package. I only built qmc2-mame, and did not attempt to recreate the installer.

And this is a one off. I am not taking over support of Windows versions. Or do you simply mean you are not, either?
42 958 Read More
QMC2 Jump to new posts
Empty softwarelist "fix" - Windows binaries MusicLovr 01/17/20 06:31 PM
zipped x86 qmc2-mame.exe
zipped x64 qmc2-mame.exe
(despite these being red, I believe them to work - login is not required for download)

These files contain only the tweaked qmc2-mame executable. Overwrite your file, with the appropriate flavor (x86 or x64).

For more information, see thread: "0.217 eliminates a mess"
1 86 Read More
QMC2 Jump to new posts
Re: 0.217 eliminates a mess Robbbert 01/17/20 12:05 PM
Just upload the complete packages to zippyshare, mega or some other filesharing site. For longevity and as an alternate, I can copy them from there onto my site, and they will be available to anyone.

It will be up to you though to compile and make available new versions as needed.
42 958 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Anyone here previously affiliated with PCmuseum? starlord 01/16/20 11:35 PM
Hi guys, again I’m in need of advice from you:

A big collection of interesting collection items was held by the Canadian pcmuseum, of which you can find the link here:

https://pcmuseum.ca/ContactUs.asp

Amongst the items of interest are some pencil 2 items such as the mysterious “big foot chase” cart and the coleconut adaptor.

Sadly I have been told that the museum curator Mr Bolton passed away unexpectedly, and that no measures have been taken for the safety of the items. Seems that his former wife isn’t sure how to handle the items either. I tried to find ways to contact her to place requests but I wasn’t successful.

Might anyone here be affiliated with the museum? Or maybe have advice on how to contact Mr Bolton’s wife? Even a postal address would be a start.

Many thanks.
0 194 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: PC/XT/AT (inside) WIP topic Alegend45 01/16/20 09:40 PM
Hey, has anybody ever been able to find an AMD document called "AMD Athlon and AMD Duron Processor BIOS, Software, and Debug Developers Guide, order# 21656"? I can't find it on Google, Bitsavers, AMD's website, or ChipDB's datasheets section. I want to add Athlon emulation in 86box, but I just can't find ANY documentation on the AMD Athlon's MSRs. I'd add this emulation to MAME also, but there is currently no i386 dynarec in MAME, and I'm frankly too intimidated by the sheer MAGNITUDE of changes needed to make that happen.
2,640 4,383,865 Read More
QMC2 Jump to new posts
Re: 0.217 eliminates a mess MusicLovr 01/16/20 09:34 PM
I have the rebuilt "fixed" qmc2-mame executables (x86 and x64). Anyone have a place to host them? The x64 zip or rar, with best compression, is over the 5mb limit of the qmc2 bug tracker.
42 958 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: BBC expansion devices WIP Olivier Galibert 01/16/20 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Pernod

When I use m_scsi->ctrl_w(refid, 0, nscsi_device::S_ACK) and m_scsi->data_w(refid, data) what should I be using as the refid?

You shouldn't use m_scsi in the first place. Use the ack_w and write callbacks instead, which do have access to the refid.

OG.
71 15,337 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: BBC expansion devices WIP Pernod 01/16/20 01:52 PM
I'm taking another look at the Acorn SCSI Host Adaptor, see https://www.domesday86.com/?page_id=64

I started to use the legacy SCSI devices but gave up as it wasn't giving the expected status of the MSG line.

So now using NSCSI with SCSI callback as I need access to the individual control lines.
Code
NSCSI_BUS(config, m_scsi);
NSCSI_CONNECTOR(config, "scsi:0", default_scsi_devices, "harddisk", true);
NSCSI_CONNECTOR(config, "scsi:7", default_scsi_devices, "scsicb", true)
	.option_add_internal("scsicb", NSCSI_CB)
	.machine_config([this](device_t* device) {
		downcast<nscsi_callback_device&>(*device).msg_callback().set(*this, FUNC(bbc_scsi_device::scsi_msg_w));
		downcast<nscsi_callback_device&>(*device).bsy_callback().set(*this, FUNC(bbc_scsi_device::scsi_bsy_w));
		downcast<nscsi_callback_device&>(*device).req_callback().set(*this, FUNC(bbc_scsi_device::scsi_req_w));
		downcast<nscsi_callback_device&>(*device).io_callback().set(*this, FUNC(bbc_scsi_device::scsi_io_w));
		downcast<nscsi_callback_device&>(*device).cd_callback().set(*this, FUNC(bbc_scsi_device::scsi_cd_w));
	});

When I use m_scsi->ctrl_w(refid, 0, nscsi_device::S_ACK) and m_scsi->data_w(refid, data) what should I be using as the refid? I was expecting to use the scsi_id=7 but the harddisk has scsi_refid=0 and scsicb has scsi_refid=1. I have logging in all my callbacks but none are ever called. What am I doing wrong?

The only other example of using NSCSI_CB is in s100/ascsasi which I doubt works. In ascsasi it always uses refid=7 which is the scsi_id of NSCSI_CB, but will have a scsi_refid=0 if no other scsi devices are selected.
71 15,337 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) DarthMarino 01/16/20 12:05 AM
Great work (as always).

There are two versions of this game. "Another One Bites the Dust" was apparently removed in later releases due to the rights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRbzgtV9rrE&t=164s

It might be worth seeing if JD's version is different though this is definitely the preferable one.
3,469 2,168,224 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: SVN builds - new driver flood R. Belmont 01/15/20 02:10 AM
The crossover you didn't know you needed: Mario and low-end Konami gambling hardware.

[Linked Image from rbelmont.mameworld.info]
[Linked Image from rbelmont.mameworld.info]
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) hal3000 01/13/20 10:41 PM
The tabletop version of G&W Mario's Cement Factory has now been preserved in MAME smile

Mario's Cement Factory was released as a table top version (this game) and new wide screen version (already in MAME). All other G&W table top games except for Mario's Cement Factory were also released in panorama screen editions as well. The MCU used in this game is an SM511 and it therefore has melodies and better sound effects compared to the new wide screen version of this game (which is based on the SM510). I particularly enjoy the Queen intro melody on this game smile

Also, I don't think the tabletop (color) version of this game has ever been emulated before.

This is a screenshot of the game:

@JD: Thanks for offering to send over your game unit but it wasn't needed this time as I managed to buy another unit.

Scans and a basic artwork file has been uploaded to the dropbox folder
3,469 2,168,224 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: PC/XT/AT (inside) WIP topic Edstrom 01/13/20 10:02 PM
Of course I did smile
2,640 4,383,865 Read More
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Sharkpuncher, AJR, 1 invisible), 154 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,734
Posts114,826
Members4,879
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020