Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MAME
01/20/19 10:43 PM
The G&W game Rain Shower has now been dumped and a PR has been added. @JD: Thanks for supplying the game!

The game is a dual horizontal screen game based on the SM510. With this game now dumped, all dual horizontal G&W games are now supported in MAME AFAIK smile

This is a screenshot from the game:
[Linked Image]

Inlay and case scans can be found in the dropbox dir.
3,047 1,886,604 Read More
MAME
01/15/19 03:21 AM
Part 2/2:

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

5,207 15,072,606 Read More
MAME
01/14/19 10:19 PM
I wanted to see if my Sirius Joyport hack would work with the apple2 driver and it seems to be a bit simpler:

Yes, it's hacky but it works.

I'm having a blast beating Stellar 7 again, this time with the Atari Joystick.

./mame64 apple2p stellar7 -speed 1.5

(it's a bit better a little faster I think, you may have to do -frameskip 4 to get it to actually go faster)

Code
$ cat diff_apple2sirius.cpp 
114a115,116
>                 m_djoy_0_1(*this, "djoy_0_1"),
>                 m_djoy_b(*this, "djoy_b"),
136a139
>         required_ioport m_djoy_0_1, m_djoy_b;
640a644
>              if (!(m_sysconfig->read() & 0x80)) // if not Sirius Joyport enabled
641a646,650
>              else {
>                     // Sirius Joyport return joystick button, active low so read is inverted before &,
>                     //  return 0x0 if pressed, 0x80 if not pressed
>                     return (~(m_djoy_b->read()) & 0x01) ? 0x0 : 0x80;
>                     }
644c653,659
< 		return (m_joybuttons->read() & 0x20) ? 0x80 : 0;
---
> 	if (!(m_sysconfig->read() & 0x80))  // if not Sirius Joyport enabled
> 	         return (m_joybuttons->read() & 0x20) ? 0x80 : 0;
>         else {
>                 // Sirius Joyport return Up (0x01) or Left (0x04) depending on Annunciator #1,
>                 //  active low so read is inverted before &, return 0x0 if pressed, 0x80 if not pressed
>                 return ((~(m_djoy_0_1->read())) & ((m_an1) ? 0x01 : 0x04)) ? 0x0 : 0x80;
>                }
646a662
>                if (!(m_sysconfig->read() & 0x80)) {  // if not Sirius Joyport enabled
652a669,675
>                }
> 
>                else {  
>                // Sirius Joyport return status of Down (0x02) or Right (0x08) depending on Annunciator #1,
>                //  active low so read is inverted before &, return 0x0 if pressed, 0x80 if not pressed
>                return ((~(m_djoy_0_1->read())) & ((m_an1) ? 0x02 : 0x08)) ? 0x0 : 0x80;
> }
1146a1170,1191
> static INPUT_PORTS_START( apple2_sirius_joyport )
>          PORT_START("djoy_0_1")
>          PORT_BIT(0x01, 0x01, IPT_JOYSTICK_UP)    PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_8_PAD) PORT_CODE(JOYCODE_Y_UP_SWITCH)    PORT_PLAYER(1)
>          PORT_BIT(0x02, 0x02, IPT_JOYSTICK_DOWN)  PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_2_PAD) PORT_CODE(JOYCODE_Y_DOWN_SWITCH)  PORT_PLAYER(1)
>          PORT_BIT(0x04, 0x04, IPT_JOYSTICK_LEFT)  PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_4_PAD) PORT_CODE(JOYCODE_X_LEFT_SWITCH)  PORT_PLAYER(1)
>          PORT_BIT(0x08, 0x08, IPT_JOYSTICK_RIGHT) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_6_PAD) PORT_CODE(JOYCODE_X_RIGHT_SWITCH) PORT_PLAYER(1)
>          PORT_BIT(0x10, 0x10, IPT_JOYSTICK_UP)    PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_8_PAD) PORT_CODE(JOYCODE_Y_UP_SWITCH)    PORT_PLAYER(2)
>          PORT_BIT(0x20, 0x20, IPT_JOYSTICK_DOWN)  PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_2_PAD) PORT_CODE(JOYCODE_Y_DOWN_SWITCH)  PORT_PLAYER(2)
>          PORT_BIT(0x40, 0x40, IPT_JOYSTICK_LEFT)  PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_4_PAD) PORT_CODE(JOYCODE_X_LEFT_SWITCH)  PORT_PLAYER(2)
>          PORT_BIT(0x80, 0x80, IPT_JOYSTICK_RIGHT) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_6_PAD) PORT_CODE(JOYCODE_X_RIGHT_SWITCH) PORT_PLAYER(2)
> 
>          PORT_START("djoy_b")
>          PORT_BIT(0x01, 0x01, IPT_BUTTON1) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_LCONTROL) PORT_CODE(JOYCODE_BUTTON1) PORT_PLAYER(1)
>          PORT_BIT(0x02, 0x02, IPT_BUTTON1) PORT_CODE(JOYCODE_BUTTON1)  PORT_PLAYER(2)
>          PORT_BIT(0x04, 0x04, IPT_UNUSED)
>          PORT_BIT(0x08, 0x08, IPT_UNUSED)
>          PORT_BIT(0x10, 0x10, IPT_BUTTON2) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_DEL_PAD) PORT_CODE(JOYCODE_BUTTON2) PORT_PLAYER(1)
>          PORT_BIT(0x20, 0x20, IPT_BUTTON2) PORT_CODE(JOYCODE_BUTTON2) PORT_PLAYER(2)
>          PORT_BIT(0x40, 0x40, IPT_UNUSED)
>          PORT_BIT(0x80, 0x80, IPT_UNUSED)
> INPUT_PORTS_END
> 
1147a1193
>         PORT_INCLUDE( apple2_sirius_joyport )
1161a1208,1212
> 
>         PORT_CONFNAME(0x80, 0x00, "Gameport type")
>         PORT_CONFSETTING(0x00, "Normal")
>         PORT_CONFSETTING(0X80, "Sirius Joyport (Atari Digital)")
> 
231 38,671 Read More
MAME
01/05/19 07:36 AM
I should perhaps mention the WIP in line with the previous aristmk5 screenshots (it's funny that a lot of the "arcade" WIP in this topic is "slot machine" WIP!)

The driver has come a long way since 2016 in that everything that isn't a bad dump now runs and has actually been playable since about 0.182 (once they have been set up of course; see aristmk5.cpp for setup instructions), however only a few games run without significant issues thus most of the games are still flagged as MACHINE_NOT_WORKING due to randomly crashing, or becoming completely stuck at a forced payout if a win was not an exact multiple of the coin value. In fact, all of the games were considered not working until very recently.

As this is a WIP topic, there's still a few things left, such as the Archimedes timing problems (see machine/archimds.cpp), getting the sound working in the older games and hooking up a bill acceptor. The games that require external communications (such as those from Queensland) may require a dirty hack to keep the games happy, as it may be next to impossible to acquire, dump and emulate a complete host server. The same applies for Hyperlink jackpot games, which save the progressive jackpot values on the server; the games are still playable however, they simply won't be paying any credits when a progressive jackpot is won (the US region Hyperlink games can also have the jackpot mode turned off completely and run as a normal full-pay game (e.g. don't use variation 5 in the set chips), but this is not possible with non-US games adonisce, qnilemm or rainwrce). Hyperlink games basically upload a tiny percentage of your bet amount to the server to add to the progressive prizes, and when a jackpot is triggered, downloads the appropriate jackpot amount to be added directly to the machine's credits and the server resets the jackpot back to its minimum amount.
24 8,564 Read More
MAME
01/04/19 09:15 AM
Sprite ripping is basically copyright infringement, and I'm not too keen on adding a feature specifically for assisting with it. The graphics viewer is really designed as a development aid. If you want to rip graphics, you're better off doing it from ROM anyway.
9 939 Read More
Non-Windows MAME Support
01/02/19 05:27 PM
JD should be able to do that sometime when he's bored smile
4 316 Read More
MAME
01/01/19 12:02 PM
I don't think you can change it after starting.
3 373 Read More
MAME
01/01/19 11:43 AM
I've uploaded material for another special PC clone: The Micromint MPX-16 was a DIY project in Circuit Cellar, but also marketed by Micromint in kit or complete form. It could run headless via serial or expanded with a regular video card and keyboard. According to the documentation, the ROMs contain a CP/M-86 BIOS, but the disk images that have surfaced have a version of MS-DOS 1.25.
2,566 4,253,690 Read More
Non-Windows MAME Support
12/31/18 07:15 AM
Perfectly clear but... do this means (if I understand well) that on Mac a perfect smooth scrolling is not more possible? I remember well that in the past releases of SDLmame I could have the very same behaviour of Windows also with the Mac version of SDLmame, I could be wrong but I suspect that this is an issue with Mojave mainly.
The problem for me is not really "waitvsync" (it works well, it effectively fixes screen tearing) but "syncrefresh" that does not throttle the framerate lke the Windows version do.
18 1,003 Read More
MAME
12/30/18 10:58 PM
I have tried a few homebrew now, as I am throwing a new years party with a Vectrex competition tomorrow, and they seem to work quite fine in mame, at least not a black screen so far. Interestingly enough I found a section with three games called "imperfect emulation in the ParaJVE that are also problematic in Mame: Clean Sweep, Pitchers's duel and Spinball. They all got displaced static vectors, I can't tell for the moving vectors but they seems ok. Interesting that two emulators has problems with the same binaries that works just fine on the real hardware, I am intrigued to take a look how those Vectors are drawn differently from other carts. smile
19 1,523 Read More
MAME
12/28/18 09:20 PM
The last build of QMC2 (v0.196 - SVN r8292) crashes on launching the MAME 0.205 binary. MAME was compiled using GCC7 under Linux Mint / kernel 4.18. The MAME binary launches fine on its own however. Deleting all configuration files and following the QMC2 wizard, it indicates "Identified as being MAME(-like)?: No (incompatible binary)." Has anyone else encountered this?

Update: Nevermind, problem solved. My build environment was messed up.
0 225 Read More
Non-Windows MAME Support
12/28/18 08:46 PM
Code
make CFLAGS='-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE'

built mame64 successfully. I'll stuff that in a note so that I remember the next time smile Thanks again for all your help.
7 212 Read More
Non-Windows MAME Support
12/28/18 08:04 PM
Still failing for me.

I did a clean pull from the git 205 tag for source code.

I have XCode fully installed with the command-line tools in place (this is usually how I've done my builds). I did have SDL 2.0.9 installed last month when I built 204, so that shouldn't have changed.

I did try a build with:

Code
make -j3 TOOLS=1 REGENIE=1

and still fails, but seems to throw a different message this time. After the build failed, I ran "make" again with "-j1" instead to try to narrow down the error and this is what I see:

Code
Done. Generated 370/370 projects.
Objective-C compiling src/tools/aueffectutil.mm...
In file included from ../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:4:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioUnit.framework/Headers/AudioUnit.h:1:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioUnit.h:24:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AUAudioUnit.h:11:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AUParameters.h:13:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/Foundation.h:87:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSURLError.h:14:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Headers/CoreServices.h:23:
In file included from /Library/Frameworks/AE.framework/Headers/AE.h:29:
/Library/Frameworks/AE.framework/Headers/AppleEvents.h:597:165: error: expected
      function body after function declarator
  ...AEEventID theAEEventID, Boolean askUserIfNeeded ) __OSX_AVAILABLE_STARTI...
                                                       ^
In file included from ../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:3:
In file included from /usr/include/AvailabilityMacros.h:233:
/usr/include/Availability.h:216:50: note: expanded from macro
      '__OSX_AVAILABLE_STARTING'
    #define __OSX_AVAILABLE_STARTING(_osx, _ios) __AVAILABILITY_INTERNAL##_osx
                                                 ^
<scratch space>:54:1: note: expanded from here
__AVAILABILITY_INTERNAL__MAC_10_14
^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:259:43: warning: 'NSSmallControlSize'
      is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        [[genericViewButton cell] setControlSize:NSSmallControlSize];
                                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                 NSControlSizeSmall
In file included from ../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:5:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioUnit.framework/Headers/AUCocoaUIView.h:1:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AUCocoaUIView.h:13:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/Headers/Cocoa.h:13:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/AppKit.h:15:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSActionCell.h:8:
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSCell.h:106:28: note: 
      'NSSmallControlSize' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSControlSize NSSmallControlSize NS_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACE...
                           ^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:271:38: warning: 'NSSmallControlSize'
        [[presetButton cell] setControlSize:NSSmallControlSize];
                                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                            NSControlSizeSmall
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioUnit.framework/Headers/AUCocoaUIView.h:1:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AUCocoaUIView.h:13:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/Headers/Cocoa.h:13:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/AppKit.h:15:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSActionCell.h:8:
                           ^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:272:93: warning: 'NSSmallControlSize'
  ...systemFontSizeForControlSize:NSSmallControlSize]]];
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                  NSControlSizeSmall
                           ^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:300:23: warning: 'NSTitledWindowMask'
  ...styleMask:(NSTitledWindowMask |
                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                NSWindowStyleMaskTitled
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/AppKit.h:39:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSFontPanel.h:8:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSPanel.h:8:
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSWindow.h:955:32: note: 
      'NSTitledWindowMask' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSWindowStyleMask NSTitledWindowMask NS_DEPRECATED_WITH_REP...
                               ^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:301:14: warning: 
      'NSClosableWindowMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12
      [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
  ...NSClosableWindowMask |
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     NSWindowStyleMaskClosable
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/AppKit.h:39:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSFontPanel.h:8:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSPanel.h:8:
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSWindow.h:956:32: note: 
      'NSClosableWindowMask' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSWindowStyleMask NSClosableWindowMask NS_DEPRECATED_WITH_R...
                               ^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:302:14: warning: 
      'NSMiniaturizableWindowMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS
      10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
  ...NSMiniaturizableWindowMask)
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     NSWindowStyleMaskMiniaturizable
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSWindow.h:957:32: note: 
      'NSMiniaturizableWindowMask' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSWindowStyleMask NSMiniaturizableWindowMask NS_DEPRECATED_...
                               ^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:350:47: warning: 
      'propertyListFromData:mutabilityOption:format:errorDescription:' is
      deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.10 - Use
      propertyListWithData:options:format:error: instead.
        id const desc = [NSPropertyListSerialization propertyListFromData:data
                                                     ^
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioUnit.framework/Headers/AudioUnit.h:1:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AudioUnit.h:24:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AUAudioUnit.h:11:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Headers/AUParameters.h:13:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/Foundation.h:48:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSKeyedArchiver.h:6:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSPropertyList.h:58:1: note: 
      'propertyListFromData:mutabilityOption:format:errorDescription:' has been
      explicitly marked deprecated here
+ (nullable id)propertyListFromData:(NSData *)data mutabilityOption:(NSP...
^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:651:52: warning: 
      'dataFromPropertyList:format:errorDescription:' is deprecated: first
      deprecated in macOS 10.10 - Use dataWithPropertyList:format:options:error:
      instead. [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        NSData *const data = [NSPropertyListSerialization dataFromProper...
                                                          ^
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/Foundation.h:48:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSKeyedArchiver.h:6:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSPropertyList.h:54:1: note: 
      'dataFromPropertyList:format:errorDescription:' has been explicitly marked
      deprecated here
+ (nullable NSData *)dataFromPropertyList:(id)plist format:(NSPropertyLi...
^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:700:10: warning: 
      'beginSheetModalForWindow:modalDelegate:didEndSelector:contextInfo:' is
      -beginSheetModalForWindow:completionHandler: instead
                [alert beginSheetModalForWindow:window modalDelegate:ni...
                       ^
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/AppKit.h:16:
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSAlert.h:176:1: note: 
      'beginSheetModalForWindow:modalDelegate:didEndSelector:contextInfo:' has
      been explicitly marked deprecated here
- (void)beginSheetModalForWindow:(NSWindow *)window modalDelegate:(nulla...
^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:718:10: warning: 
                       ^
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/AppKit.h:16:
^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:731:10: warning: 
                       ^
^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:796:37: warning: 'NSCommandKeyMask' is
      deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        [item setKeyEquivalentModifierMask:NSCommandKeyMask | NSAlternat...
                                           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                           NSEventModifierFlagCommand
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSCell.h:11:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSText.h:8:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSView.h:16:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSApplication.h:10:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSResponder.h:10:
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:185:35: note: 
      'NSCommandKeyMask' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventModifierFlags NSCommandKeyMask            NS_DEPRECA...
                                  ^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:796:56: warning: 'NSAlternateKeyMask'
  ...| NSAlternateKeyMask];
       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       NSEventModifierFlagOption
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSCell.h:11:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSText.h:8:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSView.h:16:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSApplication.h:10:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSResponder.h:10:
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:184:35: note: 
      'NSAlternateKeyMask' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventModifierFlags NSAlternateKeyMask          NS_DEPRECA...
                                  ^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:898:24: warning: 'NSWarningAlertStyle'
                [alert setAlertStyle:NSWarningAlertStyle];
                                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                     NSAlertStyleWarning
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSAlert.h:180:27: note: 
      'NSWarningAlertStyle' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSAlertStyle NSWarningAlertStyle NS_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACE...
                          ^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:914:52: warning: 
      'dataFromPropertyList:format:errorDescription:' is deprecated: first
      deprecated in macOS 10.10 - Use dataWithPropertyList:format:options:error:
      instead. [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        NSData *const data = [NSPropertyListSerialization dataFromProper...
                                                          ^
/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSPropertyList.h:54:1: note: 
      'dataFromPropertyList:format:errorDescription:' has been explicitly marked
      deprecated here
+ (nullable NSData *)dataFromPropertyList:(id)plist format:(NSPropertyLi...
^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:920:24: warning: 'NSWarningAlertStyle'
                                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                     NSAlertStyleWarning
                          ^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:942:25: warning: 'NSWarningAlertStyle'
                                             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                             NSAlertStyleWarning
                          ^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:982:21: warning: 'CountComponents' is
      deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.8 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        long const count = CountComponents(&effectFilter);
                           ^
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/Foundation.h:87:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSURLError.h:14:
In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Headers/CoreServices.h:23:
In file included from /Library/Frameworks/AE.framework/Headers/AE.h:20:
In file included from /Library/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/CarbonCore.h:87:
/Library/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/Components.h:487:1: note: 
      'CountComponents' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
CountComponents(ComponentDescription * looking)               __OSX_AVAI...
^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:986:24: warning: 'NSWarningAlertStyle'
                                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                     NSAlertStyleWarning
                          ^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:995:21: warning: 'FindNextComponent' is
        Component effect = FindNextComponent(0, &effectFilter);
                           ^
In file included from /Library/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/CarbonCore.h:87:
/Library/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/Components.h:469:1: note: 
      'FindNextComponent' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
FindNextComponent(
^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:996:63: warning: 'FindNextComponent' is
  ...(long i = 0; (i < count) && (effect != 0); i++, effect = FindNextCompone...
                                                              ^
/Library/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/Components.h:469:1: note: 
      'FindNextComponent' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
FindNextComponent(
^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:999:29: warning: 'NewHandle' is
                Handle const nameHandle = NewHandle(4);
                                          ^
In file included from /Library/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/CarbonCore.h:63:
/Library/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/MacMemory.h:451:1: note: 
      'NewHandle' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
NewHandle(Size byteCount)                                     __OSX_AVAI...
^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:1000:24: warning: 'GetComponentInfo' is
                OSStatus const err = GetComponentInfo(effect, &effectDes...
                                     ^
/Library/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/Components.h:503:1: note: 
      'GetComponentInfo' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
GetComponentInfo(
^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:1007:4: warning: 'HLock' is deprecated:
      first deprecated in macOS 10.8 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                        HLock(nameHandle);
                        ^
In file included from /Library/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/CarbonCore.h:63:
/Library/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/MacMemory.h:725:1: note: 
      'HLock' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
HLock(Handle h)                                               __OSX_AVAI...
^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:1012:4: warning: 'HUnlock' is
                        HUnlock(nameHandle);
                        ^
/Library/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/MacMemory.h:791:1: note: 
      'HUnlock' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
HUnlock(Handle h)                                             __OSX_AVAI...
^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:1025:3: warning: 'DisposeHandle' is
                DisposeHandle(nameHandle);
                ^
/Library/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/MacMemory.h:1278:1: note: 
      'DisposeHandle' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
DisposeHandle(Handle h)                                       __OSX_AVAI...
^
../../../../../src/tools/aueffectutil.mm:1043:24: warning: 
      'NSWarningAlertStyle' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12
                                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                     NSAlertStyleWarning
                          ^
27 warnings and 1 error generated.
make[2]: *** [../../../../osx_clang/obj/x64/Release/src/tools/aueffectutil.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [aueffectutil] Error 2
make: *** [macosx_x64_clang] Error 2

The same error near the top that I got before, but then a whole bunch of other warnings afterwards. Not sure if that makes a different here, so included them just in case as they were thrown after the error was thrown.

Thanks again for helping.
10 290 Read More
MAME
12/25/18 09:08 PM
Congrats! Quite a good year all around for MAME yet again.
Thanks to everybody of the MAME team for still making one of the best emulators out there smile
1 529 Read More
MAME
12/25/18 04:23 PM
'Twas The Night Before MAME
or: A Visit From St. Nicola (Mickola?)
by Stiletto
---------------------------

'Twas the night before a MAME upload, and all through the list;
Not a member was posting, not even Mish!
The sourcecode was sent to Github with care,
In hopes that St. Nicola soon would be there;

The "emu-newzboys" were holed up all snug with their sites,
While visions of TV games and Konami M2 lit their messageboards with lights!
And I, Stiletto, in my torn jeans and cap
Had been researching tech stuff, and talking to hap;

When out in the 'Net, there arose such a clatter
I sprang to my desk to see what was the matter.
Away into Windows I flew, acting rash,
Opening the browser, and disabling Flash.

The URL on my homepage that was as white as snow
Linked to MAMEDEV's Git, as fast as it could go,
To that repo, where what to my eyes should appear,
But a cool speedy Vespa with the MAMEDEV team (and beer),

With a slick little driver so lively and quick
I knew in a moment it must be St. Nic'!
More rapid than eagles, his fingers they flew,
And he chanted and cursed til' his face had turned blue;

"Now, Olivier! Now, Micko! Now Vas, AJR and Osso!
On, 'Belmont! On, Pernod! On, Moogle and Angelo!
From the top of the server and its firewall,
Now code away, type away, hack away all!"

As Cheetos that into their hungry mouths fly,
When finding encryption, they blew it out of the sky.
So onto the server the C++ code it flew,
With a zip-file of toys and St. Nicola too.

And then, at a speed that was really quite keen,
Those coders and hackers arrived on the scene.
As I moved the mouse with my hand and began scrolling down,
Onto the webpage St. Nicola leapt with a bound.

He was dressed all in khakis, from his head to his feet,
And their tattered appearance made him look rather beat.
A bundle of arcade PCBs he had flung on his back,
And he looked like he'd taken more than one hit of "smack."

His eyes -- how they twinkled! His pimples, how merry!
His cheeks were like ashes, and his knuckles were hairy!
His droll little mouth had drawn up in a bow,
And the beard on his chin looked like it needed a mow.

The stump of a hash pipe he held tight in his teeth,
And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath;
He had a broad face and a little beer belly,
And his breath reeked as if he had eaten something smelly.

He was skinny as a rail and looked pleased with himself,
And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself;
But a look at my wristwatch, since I felt somewhat dead,
Let me know that at 3:30 AM I should be in bed.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And compiled the source code; then turned with a jerk,
Then uploading the MAME build before I began to doze,
And giving a nod, off the repo they rose;

He sprang to his scooter, to the MAMEDEV team gave a whistle,
And away they all left with the speed of a missile.
But I heard him exclaim, ere they drove out of sight,
"ENJOY THE NEW MAME, GUYS, AND HAVE A GOOD NIGHT!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

- Stiletto

Terribly late! but I hadn't forgotten...

Merry Christmas, Happy Yule, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Festivus and Happy December 25th... in other words, Happy Holidays to all, and to all a good night!

[Linked Image]
0 277 Read More
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Golden Child, Vas Crabb, Tafoid, Praxis), 134 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,613
Posts112,666
Members4,834
Most Online324
Dec 20th, 2018