Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) hap 02/01/23 10:26 AM
Sean has a Bandai Galaxian with a uPD553.

U-Boat: The photo clearly shows it's a TI MCU, and it's probably MP63??, which would mean it's the same type as the one in Tsukuda Dracula.
4,087 3,102,818 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: 8bit Apples - Apple I, II, /// and the 16 bit GS R. Belmont 02/01/23 03:52 AM
The usual usage was to patch the driver into ProDOS, at which point everything that runs on ProDOS works with it. For instance, https://github.com/a2stuff/prodos-drivers (or find an original No-Slot Clock disk on Asimov or whatever).
784 251,323 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Olivetti M20 emulation status? Vas Crabb 01/31/23 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Olivier Galibert
The padding does not come from the disk, it comes from the fact that those zones of the floppy file (which do not exist on the disk) are not written by the converter. So go figure how mame (or the os) does the filling.
For historical reasons, the objects MAME uses for reading and writing disk images will fill parts of the file that aren’t explicitly written with 0xff. That’s where your padding is coming from. Modern operating systems tend to follow the POSIX recommendation of returning 0x00 for parts of files that are allocated but not written (all WinNT, Linux, macOS and BSD filesystem drivers do this). Older operating systems, of course, just read back whatever happened to be in the sectors that were allocated (e.g. DOS and classic MacOS).
141 107,707 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: The Newer All-Singing, All-Dancing 2023 WIP Thread Duke 01/29/23 11:57 AM
We have some initial PCMCIA support in MAME, that is used by Konami/Taito systems. I'm currently looking at extending this a bit and adding it to the Amiga driver. Here's a screenshot of an SRAM PCMCIA card on the A600 driver:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm currently looking for people owning one of those cards to dump their EEPROM (and document the PCB). The dump I'm working with came from here: https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=393062.
4 1,391 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Commandline for Amiga 500 and A590 HDD Duke 01/29/23 10:31 AM
Writing to floppies is currently broken, and the emulated system will crash pretty much immediately.
13 519 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Tektronix 2465 oscilloscope emulator Siggi 01/27/23 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Vas Crabb
I’ll give you a hand to provide better interaction within the current limitations after I’ve got this current pile of refactoring in. I really do need to get it done so it can be tested before the next release.

Thanks - in the meantime I guess I can manipulate the pots with a debug command.
13 1,229 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Coleco Adam Daisywheel Printer Golden Child 01/21/23 05:52 PM
Not really related to daisywheel printing, but I thought I'd take a look at the spectrum zx printer and managed to get it to do something:

7 828 Read More
Non-Windows MAME Support Jump to new posts
emscripten / emularity & interactive lua console microbee-dev 01/20/23 11:13 AM
I can't seem to get the LUA console working in the browser.

I'm trying to create JS hooks / methods / functions for changing media predominantly, but also things like roms and tape position / status if its possible.

I noticed any disk I've written to, changes are not reflected until the disk is 'ejected'.
I thought that FS.sync might do this but doesn't seem to.

I could (hacky) remove and re-insert the drive whenever saving disk data.

LUA scripting questions: ( exposing webasm / lua console to JS )

1. Is it possible without modifying mame's src?
I could go creating my own hooks but only if there is no current solution.

2. if its possible are there some arguments I'm missing from compiling emcc I don't know about?

3. As I understand it the less desirable way to using lua / hooks is to autoboot a script (which works) and run a main loop.

Thanks in advance.
0 68 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Errors building SDLMAME for Windows Darkstar 01/14/23 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by Mr. Do
Side note... after reading the github issue linked above... if I had added \msys64\mingw64 to my path... they would have linked to sdlmame.exe, and I wouldn't have needed to copy the files over to SYSTEM32 manually?
You never need to copy anything to SYSTEM32, I don't know where people get this idea from. You can just drop the DLLs in the same directory where your EXE is
3 267 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Help needed testing exotic controllers Vas Crabb 01/12/23 07:52 AM
If anyone can build from latest source from git and has a variety of controllers, I’d appreciate some help testing. Please see the comment on this commit and the examples in this discussion.
0 229 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: New dumps Golden Child 01/11/23 02:43 AM
regarding the blw700i LW-700i from awhile back (page 72-73 of this thread), I found a manual for the lw-810 search for ("BROTHER LW-810iC") that has basically the same keyboard matrix:

Note that the keyboard in the pic is for the US layout but the rom has the UK layout.

Using the Emulated keyboard vs the Natural Keyboard, I can get it to pass the keyboard self test if I hit it in the right sequence.
Interestingly, it doesn't give you much feedback aside from a beep (currently unemulated) if you don't hit the right sequence.

from the main menu screen, hitting CTRL (CODE)+SHIFT+BACKSPACE gives you a self test menu:
also (CODE+SHIFT+ENTER) gives you a self test print.

Code
// row 0:   | 4 | 3 | W | E | D | X | ? | Enter? |
// row 1:   | 5 | 6 | R | T | C | F | ? | DArr |
// row 2:   | 8 | 7 | Y | H | G | V | ? | ? |
// row 3:   | 1 | 2 | Q | Z | A | S | ? | Shift Lock? |
// row 4:   | 9 | J | I | U | B | N | ? | RArr |
// row 5:   | - | 0 | P | O | M | , | ? | Menu |
// row 6:   | ? | ; |2/3| | |LAr|UAr| ? | ? |
// row 7:   | ? | ? |ENT|BkS| ? | ? | ? | Shift? |
// row 8:   |3/4| L | = | K | . |1/2| * | ? |

static INPUT_PORTS_START( lw700i )
	PORT_START("X0")
	PORT_BIT(0x001, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_4)  PORT_CHAR('4') PORT_CHAR('@')
	PORT_BIT(0x002, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_3)  PORT_CHAR('3') PORT_CHAR('/')
	PORT_BIT(0x004, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_W)  PORT_CHAR('w') PORT_CHAR('W')
	PORT_BIT(0x008, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_E)  PORT_CHAR('e') PORT_CHAR('E')
	PORT_BIT(0x010, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_D)  PORT_CHAR('d') PORT_CHAR('D')
	PORT_BIT(0x020, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_X)  PORT_CHAR('x') PORT_CHAR('X')
	PORT_BIT(0x040, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_UNKNOWN)
	PORT_BIT(0x080, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD)  PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_TAB)

PORT_START("X1")
	PORT_BIT(0x001, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_5)  PORT_CHAR('5') PORT_CHAR(0xa3)  // a3=pound symbol
	PORT_BIT(0x002, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_6)  PORT_CHAR('6') PORT_CHAR('_')
	PORT_BIT(0x004, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_R)  PORT_CHAR('r') PORT_CHAR('R')
	PORT_BIT(0x008, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_T)  PORT_CHAR('t') PORT_CHAR('T')
	PORT_BIT(0x010, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_C)  PORT_CHAR('c') PORT_CHAR('C')
	PORT_BIT(0x020, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_F)  PORT_CHAR('f') PORT_CHAR('F')
	PORT_BIT(0x040, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_UNKNOWN)  // F19 (unused)

PORT_BIT(0x080, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_NAME(UTF8_UP)    PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_UP) PORT_CHAR(UCHAR_MAMEKEY(UP))  // F10

PORT_START("X2")
	PORT_BIT(0x001, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_8)  PORT_CHAR('8') PORT_CHAR('\'')
	PORT_BIT(0x002, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_7)  PORT_CHAR('7') PORT_CHAR('&')
	PORT_BIT(0x004, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_Y)  PORT_CHAR('y') PORT_CHAR('Y')
	PORT_BIT(0x008, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_H)  PORT_CHAR('h') PORT_CHAR('H')
	PORT_BIT(0x010, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_G)  PORT_CHAR('g') PORT_CHAR('G')
	PORT_BIT(0x020, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_V)  PORT_CHAR('v') PORT_CHAR('V')
	PORT_BIT(0x080, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD)  PORT_NAME("P INS / P BREAK") PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_PGUP)  // F5

PORT_START("X3")
	PORT_BIT(0x001, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_1)  PORT_CHAR('1') PORT_CHAR('*')
	PORT_BIT(0x002, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_2)  PORT_CHAR('2') PORT_CHAR('"')
	PORT_BIT(0x004, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_Q)  PORT_CHAR('q') PORT_CHAR('Q')
	PORT_BIT(0x008, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_Z)  PORT_CHAR('z') PORT_CHAR('Z')
	PORT_BIT(0x010, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_A)  PORT_CHAR('a') PORT_CHAR('A')
	PORT_BIT(0x020, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_S)  PORT_CHAR('s') PORT_CHAR('S')
	PORT_BIT(0x080, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_CAPSLOCK) PORT_CHAR(UCHAR_MAMEKEY(CAPSLOCK))

PORT_START("X4")
	PORT_BIT(0x001, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_9)  PORT_CHAR('9') PORT_CHAR('(')
	PORT_BIT(0x002, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_J)  PORT_CHAR('j') PORT_CHAR('J')
	PORT_BIT(0x004, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_I)  PORT_CHAR('i') PORT_CHAR('I')
	PORT_BIT(0x008, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_U)  PORT_CHAR('u') PORT_CHAR('U')
	PORT_BIT(0x010, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_B)  PORT_CHAR('b') PORT_CHAR('B')
	PORT_BIT(0x020, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_N)  PORT_CHAR('n') PORT_CHAR('N')
	PORT_BIT(0x080, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_NAME(UTF8_RIGHT) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_RIGHT) PORT_CHAR(UCHAR_MAMEKEY(RIGHT))

PORT_START("X5")
	PORT_BIT(0x001, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_MINUS)  PORT_CHAR('-') PORT_CHAR('?')  // A11
	PORT_BIT(0x002, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_0)      PORT_CHAR('0') PORT_CHAR(')')
	PORT_BIT(0x004, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_P)      PORT_CHAR('p') PORT_CHAR('P')
	PORT_BIT(0x008, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_O)      PORT_CHAR('o') PORT_CHAR('O')
	PORT_BIT(0x010, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_M)      PORT_CHAR('m') PORT_CHAR('M')
	PORT_BIT(0x020, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_COMMA)  PORT_CHAR(',')
	PORT_BIT(0x080, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_NAME("Menu / PgUp")  PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_HOME)

PORT_START("X6")
	PORT_BIT(0x001, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_NAME ("P CLIP / C CLIP") PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_INSERT) // (grid says A2)  no it's F2
	PORT_BIT(0x002, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_COLON)      PORT_CHAR(';') PORT_CHAR(':')       // AA3
	PORT_BIT(0x004, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_CLOSEBRACE) PORT_CHAR(0x2154) PORT_CHAR(0x2153) // AA2 2154 = ⅔ 2153 = ⅓
	PORT_BIT(0x008, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_OPENBRACE)  PORT_CHAR(0xbc) PORT_CHAR(0xbd)     // AA1

PORT_BIT(0x010, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_NAME(UTF8_LEFT)          PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_LEFT) PORT_CHAR(UCHAR_MAMEKEY(LEFT)) // F12
	PORT_BIT(0x020, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_NAME(UTF8_DOWN)          PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_DOWN) PORT_CHAR(UCHAR_MAMEKEY(DOWN))  // F13
	PORT_BIT(0x040, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_NAME("CODE")             PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_LCONTROL)    // F15
	PORT_BIT(0x080, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_UNKNOWN)

PORT_START("X7")
	PORT_BIT(0x001, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_NAME("Print")              PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_PGDN) // F1
	PORT_BIT(0x002, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_NAME("Cancel / Page Down") PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_END)  // F3
	PORT_BIT(0x004, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_NAME("Return")             PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_ENTER) PORT_CHAR(13)  // F9
	PORT_BIT(0x008, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_BACKSPACE)    PORT_CHAR(8)  // F7
	PORT_BIT(0x010, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_DEL)                        // F17 DELETE
	PORT_BIT(0x020, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_NAME("Clear")              PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_RCONTROL) // F18 WORD OUT / LINE OUT
	PORT_BIT(0x040, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_SPACE)        PORT_CHAR(' ')  // F16 SPACE
	PORT_BIT(0x080, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_NAME("Shift")              PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_LSHIFT) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_RSHIFT)  // F11 SHIFT PORT_CHAR(UCHAR_SHIFT_1)

PORT_START("X8")
	PORT_BIT(0x001, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_EQUALS)    PORT_CHAR(0xbe) PORT_CHAR(0xbc)  // 3/4 and 1/4
	PORT_BIT(0x002, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_L)         PORT_CHAR('l') PORT_CHAR('L')
	PORT_BIT(0x004, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_TILDE)     PORT_CHAR('=') PORT_CHAR('+')  // A0  = and +
	PORT_BIT(0x008, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_K)         PORT_CHAR('k') PORT_CHAR('K')
	PORT_BIT(0x010, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_STOP)      PORT_CHAR('.')
	PORT_BIT(0x020, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_SLASH)     PORT_CHAR(0xbd) PORT_CHAR('%')  // 1/2 and %
	PORT_BIT(0x040, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_KEYBOARD) PORT_CODE(KEYCODE_QUOTE)     PORT_CHAR(0xb7) PORT_CHAR(0xf7) // AA4 QUOTE middle dot, division sign
	PORT_BIT(0x080, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_UNKNOWN)
806 806,650 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: PC/XT/AT (inside) WIP topic rfka01 01/08/23 10:30 PM
One way to test a graphics card's capabilities was to run the DOS version of the Fractint fractal generator https://fractint.org/ with its range of dedicated video drivers.
2,689 4,721,664 Read More
Non-Windows MAME Support Jump to new posts
Re: Mame 0.251 Softwarelist and me minireaper 01/08/23 03:04 PM
hi,
thanks that did the trick and everything works now
2 158 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
DECO Cassette - PORT_IMPULSE(1) on Start Buttons Mr. Do 01/08/23 03:37 AM
Noticed this a while back, but never dug into it until today

In the artwork file for decocass... clicking either start button, it just flashes for a second... couldn't figure out why...

Dug through the driver today... it has a flag on the Start Inputs: PORT_IMPULSE(1)...

Read through some more stuff to figure out what it was used for, and I kinda understand it now... but...

I get why it's attached to the Coin input... but don't understand why it's on the Start Buttons also... does something funky happen on DECO Cassette games if you hold the start button down on a real machine?
0 166 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: MAME 0.251 SomeRandomGuyIdk 01/06/23 09:41 PM
No issue with waiting for code review, it's not like that stops me from being able to work on other stuff in the meantime. For the samples I proposed something that should at least be better than the previous solution. There's also the reel outputs which I understand are based on code that's 15-something years old now and could be done a bit better. I don't have anything better in mind for them myself though, still a total noob when it comes to such decisions.
7 1,103 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Microtan WIP ajfa 01/05/23 09:26 PM
Hi everyone. I can confirm that TANDOS is working fine in MAME 0.250. Great work, congratulations.

[img]https://imgur.com/a/GwPVIJ4[/img]
8 3,739 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Grey screen in D3D mode? Dullaron 01/04/23 12:32 PM
Yeah the bloom will do that when it too high. It even will make the Tempest flash white and then go back to normal.
8 555 Read More
Who's Online Now
3 members (3 invisible), 38 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,158
Posts119,925
Members5,034
Most Online1,283
Dec 21st, 2022
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com