Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: ex- USSR and Soviet Bloc hardware Olivier Galibert 04/10/24 05:49 PM
m_view[11] is a derivative of address_space_installer (as spaces are too). Pass that to your slot device to call install_ram on.
399 447,756 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: New dumps Xolod 04/09/24 09:40 AM
Here, four parts describe the operation of the "Correlating signal receive" algorithm, its implementation on the i8080, Z80, PIC16 and x86 and its deep optimization. The video is in Russian, but you can enable translation of subtitles.

858 907,232 Read More
Non-Windows MAME Support Jump to new posts
Re: AppleCommander.jar on macOS Carbon 04/05/24 07:00 AM
I did now:
Code
╰─ java -jar -XstartOnFirstThread AppleCommander.jar                                                                         ─╯
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 110 out of bounds for length 16
	at com.webcodepro.applecommander.storage.physical.NibbleOrder.readSector(NibbleOrder.java:100)
	at com.webcodepro.applecommander.storage.Disk.readSector(Disk.java:564)
	at com.webcodepro.applecommander.storage.os.dos33.DosFormatDisk.getFiles(DosFormatDisk.java:158)
	at com.webcodepro.applecommander.ui.swt.DiskExplorerTab.createFilesTab(DiskExplorerTab.java:237)
	at com.webcodepro.applecommander.ui.swt.DiskExplorerTab.<init>(DiskExplorerTab.java:131)
	at com.webcodepro.applecommander.ui.swt.DiskWindow.open(DiskWindow.java:88)
	at com.webcodepro.applecommander.ui.swt.SwtAppleCommander.open(SwtAppleCommander.java:92)
	at com.webcodepro.applecommander.ui.swt.SwtAppleCommander.openFile(SwtAppleCommander.java:203)
	at com.webcodepro.applecommander.ui.swt.SwtAppleCommander$2.widgetSelected(SwtAppleCommander.java:285)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:252)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4646)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1524)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1547)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1532)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1325)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4413)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3989)
	at com.webcodepro.applecommander.ui.swt.SwtAppleCommander.launch(SwtAppleCommander.java:113)
	at com.webcodepro.applecommander.ui.swt.SwtAppleCommander.launch(SwtAppleCommander.java:81)
	at com.webcodepro.applecommander.ui.swt.SwtAppleCommander.main(SwtAppleCommander.java:65)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
	at org.springframework.boot.loader.MainMethodRunner.run(MainMethodRunner.java:49)
	at org.springframework.boot.loader.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:108)
	at org.springframework.boot.loader.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:58)
	at org.springframework.boot.loader.JarLauncher.main(JarLauncher.java:88)
But it seems to work now, nonetheless. Thanks.
2 96 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Wayland problem belegdol 04/04/24 05:09 PM
Happy to hear compilation is fixed.

Regarding "auto", you get your distro's default, mame does not change anything here. You can use -verbose to see what the default you get is. Upstream SDL defaults to X11 afaik, Fedora has overridden this to wayland. I do not know whether openSUSE follows upstream SDL or have changed the default too.

Regarding hotkey - if you are referring to auto-type, vanilla keepass has the kpuinput plugin: https://keepass.info/help/kb/autotype_wayland.html
18 1,410 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: PC/XT/AT (inside) WIP topic Kale 04/04/24 12:11 AM
Fixed ViRGE pitch offset bug (which is actually Streams Processor overriding VGA registers)

[Linked Image from mamedev.emulab.it]
2,699 4,982,832 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: 2024: When Progress Comes Along, You Must WIP It QUFB 04/03/24 04:31 PM
Casio Picky Talk with initial touchpad support:

[video:youtube]
[/video]
41 16,353 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: MAME 0.264 =CO=Windler 03/30/24 05:01 AM
Vampire is quite interesting. It feels like one of those cheapish Mastertronic C64 tapes - no sensation but unusual gameplay. (Possibly the alarm toot was intended as some kind of bird call - perhaps with an analogue modulation.)

Another oddity is the drive sim toy "Tomica - Car Navi Drive". (It's written with a space - "Navi" means satnav in German.) It even has wiper and light button, but the game seems to intentionally prevent you from crashing into cars or colliding with anything else (perhaps they didn't want to scare children, but it should at least count the mistakes and display the number).

box photo:
https://www.hlj.com/tomica-car-navi-drive-tkt65056

πŸ‘ And thanks, the "Pause" key became functional on my laptop (Thinkpad X61t) for remapping the PAUSE button.
3 1,073 Read More
QMC2 Jump to new posts
Re: A couple of feature requests estefan3112 03/29/24 07:11 PM
I thought that I replied to this earlier but canβ€˜t see the post. Second attempt:
- Command Line Mode: Frankly that seems no good idea, as QMC allows you to tweak settings for each game in the Configuration tab, thus in the UI. You can do these tweaks on the fly, without saving them. So you really do not need more.
- Multiple Favs: Ok this is missing, but probably a huge design change. At least the carver.ini view provides you for some dedicated sorting, and this view can be very useful. But of course, nothing like Favs.
Maybe this helps a bit. Cheers.
4 209 Read More
Non-Windows MAME Support Jump to new posts
Re: SDL update issues (Mac) MAMEBase 03/26/24 11:08 PM
Thank you... it's much appreciated!
4 184 Read More
QMC2 Jump to new posts
Re: A request belegdol 03/26/24 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by estefan3112
And besides the steps described by belegdol, you also must do a make install on your Mac after successfully compiling, which populates the necessary libraries and plugins into the app bundle.
Code
make install
makes the qmc2-sdlmame.app bundle more complete? Would it help if I added this step to the CI?

ETA: attempting to run make install in github gets me permission denied:
https://github.com/belegdol/qmc2-mame-fe/actions/runs/8433457590/job/23095002377
10 476 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Who updates the compile MAME Documentation? sairuk 03/25/24 08:02 PM
Can confirm emmc 3.1.28 is the latest version that builds successfully, I was also under the impression it was 3.1.25 until i tried it after reading the aforementioned github post.

While we're talking about docs, search is currently broken for the published doco at docs.mamedev.org although it appears to be an upstream issue with the sphinx_rtd_theme, i have raised https://github.com/mamedev/mame/issues/12181 for visibility.
4 610 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Speeding up ntsc shader on integrated graphics Golden Child 03/23/24 03:31 PM
I was fiddling with an MSX machine trying to make the TMS9918 look like an actual screenshot and it was cool to see that the NTSC shader would recreate the vertical banding in the solid background.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
3 794 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Star Gemini 10X/15X and Okidata Okimate 20 Just Desserts 03/17/24 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Ramiro Polla
Hi!
Originally Posted by R. Belmont
If you have real-world C++ experience beyond building MAME, I can find the 5-page email I got listing the defects in it and distill it into actionable tasks with fewer swear words ;-)
Do you think you could organize this list with actionable tasks (and/or a review of the current state of implementing paper in MAME)?

I'd like to get back to this at some point, probably not right now, but at some point...

Sure, because I've been planning to work on this. But if you want to take point on it, I won't stop you, I could use fewer things on my to-do list. You "just" need to keep in mind the following things:

• Perforated feed vs. form-feed vs. single-sheet feed; the abstraction of a print engine must take all of these into account. Subclassing the printer interface class should be possible with the differentiation being at a constructor level. Worst-case, have separate derivations of the base class for each feed type, but that already sounds like an overly-specialized interface.
  • Black-and-white vs. CMYK; the user (as in, the person implementing a device or driver) should not need to care about that difference. Setters for the current ink color should exist, but should not interfere if they aren't called.
  • Feedstock size. Not every printer accepts all sizes of sheets. This is particularly important when considering that this interface should be able to service plotters as well. Many printers have multiple feed trays / paper cassettes (the origin of the "PC" in "PC Load Letter", BTW), so it can't simply be an enum member, you're going to want to have a list.
  • Length of the print engine, from incoming to outgoing: A plausible emulation of a specific printer will naturally want to ingest feedstock at a realistic rate.
  • Sensor locations: Similar to above, some print engines can have a "paper present" sensor, a "paper outgoing" sensor, and others in between. Starting from a paper-out situation, you need to know how long the ingestion rollers need to be engaged until the "paper present" sensor engages. You also need to know exactly how far the print engine needs to advance the paper before the "paper outgoing" sensor becomes active.
  • Print-head movement: It might be easy to think of a printer as having the print head constrained to one axis, and a plotter having the print head constrained to two axes, but it's not that simple. Some typewriters, including CPU-driven typewriters, can move the print head up or down depending on exactly what the user is trying to type.
  • Print-head location: Same thing but different. Some printers have a Hall effect sensor to determine when the print head hits "home".
  • Geometry: You want to use Metric.

There's a whole shitload more things that would go into providing a generic interface for emulating a print engine, but for the most part I just want to make it abundantly clear that nothing about this is simple, and there are completely valid reasons for Vas to be a bit cagey when it comes to someone rolling up from out of nowhere and saying they want to solve this particular problem.
19 2,458 Read More
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 49 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,273
Posts121,384
Members5,064
Most Online1,283
Dec 21st, 2022
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com