I'm in the process of re-working mouse input to better support multi-touch screens and other stuff. Friendlier capture/release behaviour is one of the "nice-to-have" things on my list of stuff to address.
I found another program that will render shape table fonts which is Executive Briefing System. It's actually pretty clever in that it "hides" the character width information in the shape table itself. The first two bytes I think are the height and the baseline, then it's a normal shape table, so we can just go a:sub(3) to skip past the first two characters of the a string.
The shape table has a byte to tell you the number of shapes, and the unused next byte is used to point to the offset of the width information.
And now we can generate font samples automatically. Just get a filelist, iterate through the filelist, draw a sample, then wait 2/60 of a second and ask the debugger to take a snapshot.
Since we've got to use emu.wait this must be done with coroutines.
function getebswidth(a,shapenum) return a:sub(1):byte(a:sub(1):byte(2)+shapenum+1) end
function drawshapetextebs(a,thisstr,x,y,spacing,xclip,height) for i=1,#thisstr do if thisstr:byte(i)==string.byte("\n") then if x~=0 then x,y=0,y+height end else
local c=thisstr:byte(i) if c>=32 and c<=95 then c=c elseif c<32 then c=32 elseif c>=97 and c<=127 then c=c-97+1 else c=32 end
drawshapetable(a,c,x,y) x=x+getebswidth(a,c) if x>xclip then x,y=0,y+height end end end return x,y end
if newpos then curpos = newpos+1 end -- if you don't add the +1, keeps getting same match over and over for an infinite loop
until newpos == nil
function trim2(s) return s:match "^%s*(.-)%s*$" end -- from lua users wiki
for d=1,#disknamelist do diskname=disknamelist[d] loaddisk(diskname)
for i=1,#filelist do print(filelist[i])
if filelist[i]:find(".FONT",1,true) then
print("IT'S A FONT so let's render a sample!")
hgr() hgrfull() hgrclr() xpos=0 ypos=10 for i=1,95 do drawshapetable(a:sub(3),i,xpos,ypos) xpos=xpos+a:sub(3):byte(a:sub(3):byte(2)+i+1) print("width="..a:sub(3):byte(0xc2+i-1)) if xpos>250 or (((i+1) % 16) == 0) then xpos=0 ypos=ypos+20 end end
manager:machine():debugger():command("snap \"" .. sanefilename(getfilenamepart(diskname).."_"..trim2(filelist[i]))..".png\"")
end end end end)
Install IRIX 5.3 onto an emulated Silicon Graphics INDY (using MAME 0.207) Continued
Then installation will begin with a %
Took about 1.5 hrs to install
It will ask if you want to install from another CD, type "quit" and the installer will build dynamic libraries for a while.
It will then ask to restart, type "y"
click "root" icon and click login. There is no password set.
When shutting down, a notice will appear: "The system is shutting down. Please wait"
It never progresses, so the system doesn't shut down cleanly. You will need to use your escape key to close the emulation. It will repair itself on next boot(usually). Make a backup of the drive before you use it much. I've had the root account get corrupted or something and I was not able to fully recover, So I trashed the HD image and switched to a backup version.
To boot again use a simpler command without the CDROM: <PATH TO MAME FOLDER>/mame64 ip224613 -harddisk <PATH TO MAME FOLDER>/roms/irix8gbHD.chd -window -nomaximize -resolution 1280x1024
NOTE: The CDROM drive does not appear to be useful after installation. I have not been able to install any other software.
Thanks to the genius MAME devs who have gotten the emulation to this point. It's in the very early stages but it's exciting to be able to use a system I haven't seen live in over 20years.
So... I did things kind of out of order here. While looking for more G&W stuff (you guys have got me on an LCD kick now), I stumbled upon the handheld "Catch a Coke" thing, and read up on everything I could find for it... except this thread. Made an offer to someone for the handheld version... he wanted too much, so I skipped out on it. Next day, I see the auction for the full machine one, mentioned in this thread from almost three years ago. Made an offer on that one, and then I see the original mention in this thread. Guy accepted the offer, so it would be rude to back out.
I figure this way, Rik doesn't need to sacrifice his for dumping needs, if dumping it requires destructive methods. Would Sean still be the person to send this to? Or someone else? Would also need the backdrop scanned, and the front face of the machine scanned.
Rik sold his handheld collection a while ago. uCOM-75 isn't dumped by anyone yet, and AFAIK hasn't been decapped before either. So it's unknown if the bits will be visible, and rom row/col layout is unknown.
I bought a couple of upd7508s a few months ago since that one is used in the IXO TC101. I just bought a upd7502 and decapped it. I can't see the bits on either of the dies. I haven't tried removing the top metal layer on either chip yet, but on all the other NEC chips I've decapped, I've been able to see the bits with it in place. I'll try to get these cleaned up, take pics, then remove the top metal layer and see if the bits are visible.
More from where that came from, so that it doesn't get lost:
Originally Posted by rganders
While getting that Sega Channel related device dumped, I also got another oddball cartridge dumped. The cart is plain and only has a "Universal Driver Test Program" label on the front. It will run in emulators and on an Everdrive. The only screen moves a cursor with the d-pad while changing values on screen and also changes values when a button is pressed. As far as we could tell, it was used to demonstrate and test controllers and peripherals. The code even mentions the Activator and the Mega Mouse.
There is another version of this ROM out there (Version 4.0), but given the earlier date and lack of version number on this one...it could possible be V1.0. If anyone has a concrete idea as to what this was for, I'd love to know. Otherwise, feel free to mess around with it!
Originally Posted by rganders
Originally Posted by Xeta
It seems as if it's just a developer tool meant for quickly referencing joypad input and screen positions, and was likely used universally by Sega employees. I highly doubt there was any greater purpose than that. Matt Phillips (BigEvilCorporation) wrote something very similar, which can be found on GitHub.
It should also be noted that, in this ROM, the VDP is set to run in H32 mode (a resolution setting that uses a width of 256 pixels - 32 tiles), rather than the commonly used H40 (320 pixels in width - 40 tiles).
Pretty cool tidbit on the VDP. I wasn't expecting some grail item, but always was curious as to what it's actual function and story were. Attempts elsewhere to figure out what this was got me the wise guy answer of "it's a universal driver test program."
Also, images of the cart and such below. I'm not able to use the IMG tag yet, so will have to work with links for the time being.
Turns out there were 3 variants of video boards -- ABS K7071 (text only), ABG K7072 (dumb framebuffer) and ABG K7075 (7220-based). The latter two are driven by KGS K7070 (terminal emulator with downloadable software).
WIP -- KES is a clone of iSBC-215 storage controller, but it's different internally (Z80 + Z80DMA + Z80CTC instead of 8089) and will need new code:
Sorry to hear that. I am glad that you are ok. My brother in law had a stroke many years ago. He was about 30 years old. He recover 98 percent. Hardly recognized. Be careful. Can't wait for QMC2. Loved this program of yours. Keep up the good work! Get well soon. Take it easy.
I could be wrong but I see -Werror which can usually be counteracted by adding NOWERROR=1 in your make string. Give that a try.
That's funny because I thought I tried that but I guess I didn't do it correctly. It seems to have worked and resulted in a ~208 MB mame64 binary getting built. I also had to declare QT_SELECT, this is on an 8 core machine. Xubuntu 18.10 with gcc 8.2.0.
$ export QT_SELECT=qt5
$ make -j9 CFLAGS='-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE' NOWERROR=1
It’s almost the end of February, and more importantly it’s time for MAME 0.207 to be released! We’ve added two Nintendo Game & Watch titles this month: Fire (wide screen) and Snoopy Tennis. If you’re at all interested in plug-and-play TV games, this is going to be a huge update, with all the newly-supported JAKKS Pacific titles, including Disney Princess, Dragon Ball Z, Nicktoons, Spider-Man, and Wheel of Fortune, as well as a number of matching Game-Keys. The other big batch of additions this month comes in the form of a whole lot of e-kara cartridge dumps from Japan. For younger players, we’re steadily filling out the V.Smile software list, with eighteen newly supported titles. The VGM software list has been updated with the latest video game music rips, and we’ve added some more original floppy dumps and clean cracks to the Apple II software lists.
With the latest improvements to the MIPS R4000 CPU, WD33C93 SCSI and SGI Newport graphics emulation, it’s possible to install and run IRIX in MAME. This is a milestone achievement, and wouldn’t have been possible without some amazing dedication and collaboration on the part of the contributors and team members involved. With the addition of graphics and mouse support, Windows 1.0 runs on MAME’s Tandy 2000 emulation. MAME continues to add additional variants of supported systems, including the HP 9825T and the Esselte Modulab educational system.
Newly supported arcade games include an earlier prototype of Rise of the Robots, bootlegs of Ghost Chaser Densei and The Glob, and additional versions of Raiden Fighters 2, Guardian Storm, Pasha Pasha Champ, Lethal Enforcers, and X-Men. General usability improvements include friendlier Apple II disassembly, the restoration of key map support in SDL builds (Linux/macOS), and better initial window positioning on Windows.
Rise of the Robots (prototype, older) [Phil Bennett]
Sweet Life (090720 Entertainment) [MetalliC]
System-80 (50 Hz) [AJR]
X-Men (4 Players ver JEA) [Artemio Urbina, The Dumping Union]
Machines promoted to working
Mattel Classic Sports [Sean Riddle, David Haywood, Ryan Holtz]
Play TV Snowboarder (Blue) (NTSC) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, David Haywood]
Tiger Game.com [Robbbert]
Clones promoted to working
ConnecTV Snowboarder (Blue) (PAL) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, David Haywood]
ConnecTV SSX Snowboarder (PAL) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, David Haywood]
Double Dragon II - The Revenge (Japan) [Layer]
Knights of the Round (bootleg) [Robbbert]
Play 2000 (Super Slot & Gran Tesoro) (v4.0i) (Italy) [Peter Wilhelmsen, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, caius, David Haywood]
New machines marked as NOT_WORKING
35 in 1 Super Twins [Sean Riddle]
ADM-31 Data Display Terminal [Bitsavers]
Bandit (US) [coolmod, Phil Bennett, Bryan McPhail, Moffitt, rtw, gamezfan, Dane Biegert, Candy Wolff, Henrique Areias Pontes, Sean Sutton, Surgeville, Evan Korzon, Charles MacDonald, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
Beena [David Haywood]
C2 Color (China) [zhongtiao1]
Challenge Ai-chan! Excite Ping Pong (Japan) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen]
Champion 85 [PinMAME]
DEC 2000 Model 300 AXP [Patrick Mackinlay, Sean Riddle]
DEC 2000 Model 500 AXP [Patrick Mackinlay, Sean Riddle]
DECpc AXP 150 [Patrick Mackinlay, Sean Riddle]
Domyos Fitness Dance (Domyos Interactive System) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen]
Dream Life [Sean Riddle]
e-pitch (Japan) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, David Haywood, ShouTime]
Excite Boxing (Japan) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen]
I Can Play Guitar [Sean Riddle, anonymous]
LeapPad (Germany) [Sean Riddle]
Let's! TV Play Chou Ninki Spot! Korogashi-Houdai Tamagotchi Resort (Japan) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen]
Let's TV Play Naruto [Peter Wilhelmsen, Sean Riddle]
The Magician (20210111, NSW/ACT) [Heihachi_73]
My First LeapPad (UK) [Sean Riddle]
Neo Print - Millennium Multi Shot Edition (World) (T4i 3.07) [Porchy, The Dumping Union]
Neo Print - Spring '98 (T4i 3.07) [malcor, hammy, Anonymous, Dane Biegert, Sean Sutton, Renato Mucciarelli, Moffitt, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
Neo Print - Spring Ver. 4 (Japan) (T4f 1.00) [malcor, hammy, Anonymous, Dane Biegert, Sean Sutton, Renato Mucciarelli, Moffitt, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
Neo Print - Suizokukan Version (Japan) (T4i 2.00) [malcor, hammy, Anonymous, Dane Biegert, Sean Sutton, Renato Mucciarelli, Moffitt, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
Neo Print - Usagi Frame (Japan) (T4i 3.07) [malcor, hammy, Anonymous, Dane Biegert, Sean Sutton, Renato Mucciarelli, Moffitt, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
One Piece Punch Battle (Japan) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen]
Play TV Baseball (NTSC) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen]
Play TV Basketball [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, David Haywood]
Play TV Soccer [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen]
Popira 2 (Japan) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, David Haywood, ShouTime]
Winnie the Pooh - Piglet's Special Day (JAKKS Pacific TV Game, Game-Key Ready) [Sean Riddle, anonymous]
XaviX Music & Circuit (XaviXPORT) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen]
Zeus IG900 20-in-1 (US?) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen]
New clones marked as NOT_WORKING
Advanced Bridge Challenger [hap]
Boggy '84 (bootleg, set 2) [f205v]
Connectv Basketball [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, David Haywood]
Crazy Monkey 2 (100618 Russia) [MetalliC]
Fidelity Electronics Elite Avant Garde (model 6114-5) [anonymous]
The King of Route 66 (prototype) [coolmod, The Dumping Union]
Love And Berry - 3rd-5th Collection (China, Ver 1.001) (MDA-C0071) [Jia DaWei, tenyuhuang, MetalliC]
Queen Bee (Israel, Ver. 100) [Cristiano-MDQ]
Queen Bee (SA-101-HARD) [Cristiano-MDQ]
Queen Bee (Ver. 114) [Cristiano-MDQ]
Roll Fruit (100924) [MetalliC]
RyuKyu (Japan) (FD1094 317-5023A) [anonymous]
Star Wars (1.06, Display A0.46) [Gore Daimon, Alexandre Rocha]
TI-83 Premium CE (Boot Code 5.1.5.0014) [Julian Lachniet, critor]
TI-83 Plus Silver Edition (bootleg) [Julian Lachniet, critor]
TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition (Boot Code 4.2) [Julian Lachniet, critor]
V.Smile Motion (US) [Ryan Holtz]
Virtua NBA (prototype, 15.11) [coolmod, The Dumping Union]
World Class Bowling Tournament (v1.30) [Brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
Wyse Technology WY-60 (set 2) [AJR]
New working software list additions
apple2_flop_clcracked: 2400 A.D. (cleanly cracked), Ace Detective revision 2 (cleanly cracked), A Brand New View (cleanly cracked), A Christmas Adventure (cleanly cracked), A Newbery Adventure - A Wrinkle in Time (cleanly cracked), A Treasure Hunt of Facts (clealy cracked) - addition and subtraction [4am, Firehawke]
apple2_flop_orig: A Mind Forever Voyaging R77 / 850814, Apple Panic, Archon II: Adept, Boa, Bruce Lee, Conan, The Factory, Frontline, Gremlins, The Kingdom of Facts, MIRV, Monty Plays Scrabble 4.0, Mr. Do, Photar, Rearguard, Rendezvous with Rama, Roadblock, Sea Fox, The Snapper, Space Raiders version 2, Swashbuckler, Track and Field, Trivia Fever, Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego v1.1 [4am, Firehawke]
apricot_flop: Burn-In Test 3.4 (TES404), dBASE II/86 2.43, Expansion RAM Test 1.0 (TES904), Mouse Test 2.0 (TES903), SuperCalc 3 1.00 [actapricot.org] Microsoft Windows 1.03 [Dirk Best]
ekara_japan_a: A-5 Pichi Pichi Pitch Karaoke Party (Japan) [Peter Wilhelmsen, Sean Riddle]
ekara_japan_bh: BH-02 Best Hit Collection (Japan), BH-03 Best Hit Collection (Japan), BH-05 Best Hit Collection (Japan), BH-06 Best Hit Collection (Japan) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, David Haywood, ShouTime]
ekara_japan_d: BHT Volume 8 (Japan) (DC0001-BHT), BHT Volume 9 (Japan) (DC0003-BHT) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, David Haywood, ShouTime]
ekara_japan_g: BAT Volume 3 (Japan) (GC0007-BAT), mini-moni Volume 1 (Japan) (GC0008-MIN) (set 2), mini-moni Volume 1 (Japan) (GC0008-MIN) (set 1), mini-moni Volume 2 (GC0014-MIN), TV Pop Volume 6 (Japan) (GC0017-TPJ) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, David Haywood, ShouTime]
ekara_japan_gk: GK-1 - Detective Conan (Japan) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, David Haywood, ShouTime]
ekara_japan_m: Artist Mini Volume 4 (w-inds) (Japan) (MC0004-ATM), Artist Mini Volume 7 (untranslated artist) (Japan) (MC0012-ATM), Artist Mini Volume 8 (BoA) (Japan) (MC0014-ATM), KSM Mini Volume 2 (Japan) (MC0006-KSM) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, David Haywood, ShouTime]
ekara_japan_p: TV Pop Volume 2 (Japan) (PC0002-TPJ) ('World Trade Center' image removed), TV Pop Volume 2 (Japan) (PC0002-TPJ) (set 1) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, David Haywood, ShouTime]
ekara_japan_s: Challenge Artist Volume 1 (Japan) (SC0018-SAI), Kids' Challenge Volume 1 (Japan) (SC0003-xxx) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, David Haywood, ShouTime]
ekara_japan_sp: SP-03 Super Cartridge (Japan), SP-04 Super Cartridge (Japan) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, David Haywood, ShouTime]
ekara_japan_web: e-kara Web cartridge 12M (used, with 7 Songs) (Japan) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, David Haywood, ShouTime]
fidel_sc6: SC6: original program [hap]
gamate: Fortress of Fierceness [Peter Wilhelmsen]
ibm5150: Batman: The Movie, Bubble Bobble (3.5"), Budokan - The Martial Spirit (Big Games release), Gunboat: River Combat Simulation (Hit Squad release), Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Super Off Road (16 Blitz release) (3.5"), Lagaf': Les Aventures de Moktar - Vol 1: La Zoubida, Monty Python's Flying Circus (3.5"), The Simpsons - Bart vs. the Space Mutants, The Simpsons - Bart vs. the Space Mutants (Hit-Squad release), Spot, WWF Wrestlemania, Xenon (16 Blitz Plus release) (3.5"), Zool (Big Games release) [ArcadeShadow]
ibm5170: Micro Machines, The Secret of Monkey Island (Italian) [ArcadeShadow]
intellect02: Chess [hap, Alex_LG]
jakks_gamekey_dp: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - Memory Chase & Rescue Race [Sean Riddle, anonymous]
jakks_gamekey_mv: Black Cat & Doc Ock [Sean Riddle, anonymous]
jakks_gamekey_nk: Nicktoons Vollyball & Birdie Putt, Spongebob Sponge Pop & Snowball Showdown (15 AUGUST 2005 D) [Sean Riddle, anonymous]
jakks_gamekey_nm: New Rally X & Dig Dug (01 APR 2005 A SKU E) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, anonymous] Pac-Man & Bosconian & Rally X (11 JUL 2005 A SKU I) [Sean Riddle, anonymous]
vgmplay: Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa (Family Computer), Blazing Tornado (Arcade), Bombaman Extra Ammo (MSX2), Data East's Hoops (Deco MLC System), Dead Connection (Taito F1 System), Densetsu no Ogre Battle Gaiden - Zenobia no Ouji (Neo Geo Pocket Color), Exvania (Namco NA-1), From TV Animation Slam Dunk - Super Slams (Arcade), Geograph Seal (Sharp X68000), Gridiron Fight (Arcade), Laplace no Ma (Sharp X68000), Magical Crystals (Arcade), Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter (CP System II), Mega Man II (Nintendo Game Boy), Mega Man III (Nintendo Game Boy), Megablast (Taito F2 System), Mr. Robot and His Robot Factory (Atari 400, 800), Naious (Sharp X68000), Neural Gear (Sharp X68000), Pepsiman (Sigma B-98), Smash Ping Pong (Family Computer Disk System), TwinBee (Sharp X68000), Uncharted Waters 2 - New Horizons (Sharp X68000), Vigilante (Irem M75), Vigilante (TG-16) [Tafoid]
vsmile_cart: Alphabet Park Adventure (USA, alt), Alphabet Park Adventure (USA, alt, Rev. 2?), Disney's Little Einsteins (US, Rev. 5?), Disney/Pixar Cars - Rev It Up in Radiator Springs (USA, alt), Disney/Pixar Toy Story 2 - Operation: Rescue Woody! (USA, alt), DreamWorks Shrek the Third - Arthur's School Day Adventure (USA, alt), Marvel Spider-Man & Friends - Secret Missions (USA), Nick Jr. Blue's Clues - Collection Day (USA), Nick Jr. Go Diego Go! - Save the Animal Familes! (US, Rev. 2?), Nickelodeon Dora the Explorer - Dora's Fix-it Adventure (USA, alt 2), Noddy - Detective for a Day (USA), Scooby-Doo! - Funland Frenzy (USA, alt), Superman - The Greatest Hero (USA), Thomas & Friends - Engines Working Together (USA), V.Smile PC Pal Island (USA, Rev. 3?), V.Smile Soccer Challenge (USA) [Sean Riddle, TeamEurope] Disney's The Lion King - Simba's Big Adventure (USA), Disneys Winnie the Pooh - The Honey Hunt (USA) [Sean Riddle]
Software list items promoted to working
jakks_gamekey_nk: Soccer Shootout & Juego De Futbol De Dora & Dora's Star Mountain Adventure [David Haywood]
jakks_gamekey_sw: Turret Defense & Yoda's Escape [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, Ryan Holtz]
New NOT_WORKING software list additions
apricot_flop: apricot Networks VB1.3 F-Series (Beta Release), apricot Networks VB1.3 PC/Xi (Beta Release), apricot Networks VR1.3 F-Series, apricot Networks VR1.3 PC/Xi, Lotus 123 (Release 1A), MSD 2.7.0 (Winchester Test), POINT 32 Network Diagnostics, POINT 32 VB1.2 (Beta Release), POINT 32 VR1.1, POINT 32 VR1.2, Winchester Data Integrity Check 1.1, Winchester Data Integrity Test 4.0 (TES002), Winchester Factory Formatter 2.1 (TES004) [actapricot.org]
c2color_cart: Dì 4 dàn: Ànhēi Shìlì Zài Lín, Dì 5 dàn: Shénmì De Lóngzú Zhī Wáng [Peter Wilhelmsen, zhongtiao1]
ekara_japan_a: A-1 Pichi Pichi Pitch vol.1 (Japan), A-4 Pichi Pichi Pitch Pure Chapter 1 (Japan), A-7 Pichi Pichi Pitch Pure Chapter 3 (Japan) [Peter Wilhelmsen, Sean Riddle]
jpopira_jp: JP-01 (Japan), JP-02 (Japan) [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, David Haywood, ShouTime]
leapfrog_leappad_cart: Leap und die Welt der Dinosaurier (Germany), Tad's Good Night (UK) [Sean Riddle] - Great Reader Series - Dinosaurs Before Dark (UK), Bob der Baumeister - Bob und Heppo: Alles im Griff! (Germany), Das Angel-Abenteuer (Germany), A Day at Moss Lake (Germany), Disney Hüpf, Tigger, hüpf! (Germany), Disney Prinzessin - Prinzessinnen-Geschichten (Germany), Englisch Kurs - Let's go 1 (Germany), Englisch Kurs - Let's go 2 (Germany), Leap's Pond - Activity & Game Book (UK), Little Amadeus (Germany), Music - Mother Goose Songbook (UK), Pre Math - Tad goes shopping (UK), Pre Reading - Thomas the Really Useful Engine (UK), Reading - Disney's Bounce, Tigger, Bounce (UK), Shrek (Germany), Spongebob Schwammkopf - Meeres-Geschichten (Germany), Vocabulary - Richard Scarry's Best Little Word Book Ever! (UK) [TeamEurope]
leapfrog_mfleappad_cart: I Know My abc's (UK) (Dec 18 2002), I Know My abc's (UK) (Feb 12 2002), The Foot Book - Based on the Book by Dr. Seuss (UK), Joy Joy - The Jet Plane - High-Flying Adventures (UK), Leap's Big Day (UK), Thomas & Friends - Thomas and the School Trip (UK), Vroom! Vroom! - On the Go (UK) [TeamEurope]
vsmile_cart: V.Smile Art Studio (USA) [Sean Riddle, TeamEurope]
vsmilem_cart: Action Mania (US, Rev. 4?), Action Mania (US, Rev. 6?), Disney Handy Manny (US, Rev. 2?), Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (US), Disney's Little Einsteins (US, Rev. 2?), Disney's Little Einsteins (US, Rev. 5?), Disney/Pixar Cars 2 (Ger), Disney/Pixar Wall-E (USA, Rev. 2?), DreamWorks Monsters vs. Aliens (US, Rev. 3?), Für immer Shrek (Ger), NASCAR Academy - Race Car Superstar (US), Nickelodeon Dora the Explorer: Dora's Fix It Adventure (US, Rev. 3?), Nickelodeon Ni Hao Kai Lan - Happy Chinese New Year! (US), Shrek Forever After (US), TinkerBell (US, Rev. 2?), Toy Story 3 (Ger) [Sean Riddle, TeamEurope]
Translations added or modified
Portuguese (Brazil) [Wellington Uemura]
• z8: Fixed disassembly of LD IR,R opcode, and changed INCW/DECW to show RRn instead of Rn. [AJR]
• tv955kb: Start with reset control input inactive. [AJR]
• scn2674: Improved row buffering and timing: [AJR] * Added optional read callbacks for row buffering DMA. * Added MBC output. * Corrected timing of BREQ and VBLANK outputs. * Improved character blink and cursor blink timing.
• ay31015: Removed internal Baud rate generator as the actual device lacks this functionality. [AJR]
• trs80.cpp: Changed HT-1080Z to use 50 Hz timings. [AJR]
• cosmac: Don’t skip over instructions in debugger after DMA cycles. [AJR]
• scn2674: Blank display line-by-line. [AJR]
• pcx: Fixed jailbars appearing in white-on-black mode. [AJR]
• device_memory_interface.rst: Updated name of macro that was renamed in source. [cam900]
• timekpr.cpp: Cleaned up code. [cam900]
• tandy2k: Added support for graphics adapter and mouse. [Carl]
• Changed “over-sleep” calculation to be independent of desired delay. [Celelibi]
• Netlist library updates: [Couriersud] * Added clang-tidy support to makefile and made recommended changes. * Refactored code, converted macros to C++ and cleaned up state saving. * Made order of device creation independent of standard library. * Made startup strategy configurable. * Made plib respect C++11 alignas specifier and added alignment hints to some container classes.
• Fixed SDL keyboard map handling, cleaned up obsolete code, and updated German keyboard map. [Couriersud]
• vii.cpp: Corrected title for “Dora the Explorer - Nursery Rhyme Adventure (JAKKS Pacific TV Game, Game-Key Ready)”. [David Haywood] * Previously misidentified as “Dora the Explorer - Race To Play Park (JAKKS Pacific TV Game, Game-Key Ready)”.
• xavix: Implemented global tile flipping. [David Haywood]
• i8089: Fixed 16-bit target DMA transfers without DRQ, and Disabled logging. [Dirk Best]
• apricot: Added mouse and Winchester controller, and added support for I/O device maps and interrupts to expansion bus. [Dirk Best]
• Emulated Western Digital WD1010-05 MFM hard disk controller. [Dirk Best]
• didact.cpp: Added Modulab MC6802-based educational system with internal artwork. [Edström]
• ins8154.cpp: Fixed bit register accesses. [Edström]
• apple2: Fixed missing floating bus reads, and improved joystick/paddle calibration. [Golden Child]
• ti85.cpp: Added additional BIOS revisions for ti83pcev15, ti84pce and ti84pcev15, and cleaned up code. [Julian Lachniet]
• tms9995: Fixed spurious interrupt 1/4 by clearing the corresponding latches at the correct time. [Michael Zapf]
• tms9901: Added synchronous clock input and hooked it up in TI-99 drivers (fixes cassette instability). [Michael Zapf]
• Added support for converting SVG images to PDF when building the documentation. [O. Galibert]
• ichiban.cpp: Figured out how opcodes and data are split. [O. Galibert]
• astrcorp.cpp: Figured out the first layers of the astoneag encryption. [O. Galibert]
• xc1700e.cpp: Emulated Xilinx XC1700 series serial PROMs. [Patrick Mackinlay]
• Improved usability of cheat finder plugin: [Pugsy] * Improved visual indicators. * Added automatic pause feature to cheat finder menus. * Allowed test write value to be selected from a pre-defined list. * Added an additional output format for cheats.
• g65816: Corrected length of WDM opcode to two bytes and added a callback allowing systems to handle it. [R. Belmont]
• apple2: Added AppleWin-like initial memory fill (fixes hang in Joust). [R. Belmont]
• sbrain: Added 50 Hz BIOS hack. [Robbbert]
• apple2: Enhanced disassembly for 8-bit Apple II systems: [R. Belmont] * Shows symbolic names for Monitor ROM entry points, I/O locations and common zero-page locations. * Shows ProDOS calls with the call name and lets you step over them completely.
• vii.cpp: Identified difficulty-select bit for mattelcs. [Ryan Holtz]
• vsmile_cart: Added support for later 8 Mword cartridges. [Ryan Holtz]
• SGI Newport graphics updates: [Ryan Holtz] * Added support for backward spans and more command configurations, and fixed window checking. * Converted to use 64-bit read/write handlers, fixing graphics DMA. * Added preliminary logical operation support and pop-up plane support. * Fixed vertical blanking behaviour and cursor palette, and fixed Scr2Scr to account for XYWindow. * Made ColorRed contents transfer to ColorI on write. * Added preliminary color index MSB handling. * Added logging support to allow viewing captures offline. * Fixed write masking and xsave calculation. * Fixed lines overshooting by one pixel, not updating X/Y start and writing invalid palette values. * Added DID entry handling (fixes palette issues in buttonfly). * Added basic support for shade DDAs and some other command configurations (fixes jot). * Added direct RGB handling (used for IRIX login screen and icons). * Fixed double-buffered source value shifts (fixes flickering in buttonfly). * Fixed swapped X/Y in Bresenham line drawing (fixes misplaced graphics in buttonfly).
• 8042kbdc: Added timer to periodically check mouse (fixes mouse in IRIX). [Ryan Holtz]
• r4000: Fixed ABS.S and ABS.D (fixes IRIX X11 server crashes). [Ryan Holtz]
• hpc3: Trigger audio DMA on channels 0-3 (fixes hang when starting IRIX applications). [Ryan Holtz]
• osd/sdl: Re-enabled “accel” SDL 2D accelerated video output. [schnitzeltony]
• imgtool: Added read-only support for DEC RT-11 filesystem. [shattered]
• indigo.cpp: Converted LG1 “Light” graphics to a device for sharing with other systems. [tyfighter]
• nscsi_cd.cpp Added a derived device that responds to the vendor-specific command IRIX uses to disable emulation. [tyfighter]
• sgi_mc_device: Fixed VDMA uTLB handling. [tyfighter, Ryan Holtz]
• Fixed crash when exiting directly while filter UI is active (GitHub #4596). [Vas Crabb]
• aristmk6: Gave BIOS options mnemonic names. [Vas Crabb]
• Add 64×64→128 multiply as a common utility function. [Vas Crabb, Patrick Mackinlay]
• testkeys: Centre window on start to avoid hiding behind toolbars or outside screen area in a multiple monitor setup. [Vas Crabb]
• osd/windows: Restrict initial window position to work area of one monitor. [Vas Crabb]