Welcome to 2019 – we’re starting the year with a bang! MAME 0.206 is an absolutely huge update when it comes to new dumps and newly working software, especially when it comes to TV games. As far as we know, MAME is the first V.Smile emulator with working controls and the most compatible, with almost all dumped titles fully playable for one player (the second joystick isn’t working yet). A number of JAKKS Pacific games based on similar technology are also working in this release. And from Japan, you can now play the Popira and Dance Dance Revolution Family Mat rhythm games, as well as Super Dash Ball. The Namco Nostalgia and Taito Nostalgia games are now playable, too. Game & Watch coverage is steadily expanding, with Black Jack, Lifeboat, Manhole (new wide screen), and Rain Shower added in this release. Black Jack is particularly notable as it hasn’t seen re-issue or emulation before now.
On the arcade side, San Francisco Rush 2049 and its Special Edition have been promoted to working, and we’ve added alternate versions and bootlegs of several supported games. Heihachi_73 has tested the Aristocrat Mk V slot machines, and dozens have been promoted to working. If you enjoy spinning the wheels, why not give some a try?
If you’re aware of the effort to preserve original Apple II software in the new low-level WOZ disk image format, it should come as no surprise that MAME is on board. We’ve started documenting these dumps in a software list, and we’ll continue to add dumps as they become available. If you’re a fan of Acorn computers, you might want to try some of the newly supported BBC Micro ROM slot expansions, including banked ROM devices, RAM expansions, and real-time clocks. A few additional Electron expansion devices have been added, too.
Of course, these are just selected highlights, and there are plenty more bug fixes and emulation improvements in this release. There are also some incremental improvements to MAME’s system and software selection menus. You can get the source and Windows binary packages from the download page.
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
06300: [Color/Palette] (galaxian.cpp) eagle, eagle2: Games need wiring harness that swaps channels. (Vas Crabb)
07015: [Gameplay] (model1.cpp) vr, vformula: Undetected communication board error. (Hydreigon)
Sega Network Taisen Mahjong MJ 3 (Rev C) (GDX-0017C) [Alex Romero (TO)]
Sega Network Taisen Mahjong MJ 3 Evolution (Rev A) (GDX-0021A) [Alex Romero (TO)]
Show Me The Money (10015711, Queensland) [Heihachi_73]
Stadium Hero '96 (Japan?, EAE) [coolmod, The Dumping Union]
Storio (DE, German, 2011-10-17) [ClawGrip]
Storio (ES, Spanish, 2011-10-17) [ClawGrip]
Storio (FR, French, 2011-10-17) [ClawGrip]
Storio (GB, English, 2011-10-17) [ClawGrip]
Storio (NL, Dutch, 2011-10-17) [ClawGrip]
Tank Force (bootleg) [hammy, The Dumping Union]
V.Reader (CA, English, 2011-10-17) [ClawGrip]
V.Reader (CA, French, 2011-10-17) [ClawGrip]
Virtua Striker 4 (Asia) (Rev B) (GDT-0014B) [Alex Romero (TO)]
Virtua Striker 4 (Export) (Rev A) (GDT-0015A) [Alex Romero (TO)]
Virtua Striker 4 (Japan) (Rev C) (GDT-0013C) [Alex Romero (TO)]
Where's The Gold (20184811, Queensland) [Heihachi_73]
New working software list additions
apple2_flop_orig: Agent USA, Airheart, Alien Ambush, Ankh, Apple Cider Spider, Apple Galaxian, Aquatron, Archon: The Light and The Dark, Ardy the Aardvark, Autobahn, Axis Assassin, Aztec, BC's Quest for Tires, Bad Dudes, Ballblazer, Batman: The Caped Crusader, Bellhop, Below the Root, The Bilestoad, Bug Battle, Cannonball Blitz, Caverns of Callisto, Ceiling Zero, Centipede, Commando, Congo Bongo, Conquering Worlds, Copts and Robbers, County Fair, Crazy Mazey, Crisis Mountain, Crossfire, Cubit, Cyber Strike, The Dam Busters, Death Sword, Defender II: Stargate, Destroyer, Dino Eggs, Dive Bomber, Donkey Kong, Drol, Dung Beetles, The Eidolon, Epoch, Falcons, Fight Night, Flight Simulator II (v2.0), Flip Out, Force 7, Formula 1 Racer, Free Fall, Frogger, Frogger II: Threedeep, G.I. Joe, The Games - Summer Edition, GATO, Genetic Drift, Gobbler, The Goonies, Gumball, The Heist, HERO - Helicopter Emergency Rescue Operation, Hadron, Hard Hat Mack, Hardball, Head On, High Rise, Ikari Warriors, Ikari Warriors 2: Victory Road, Impossible Mission II, International Gran Prix, Jawbreaker, Jawbreaker ][, The Jet, Joust, Julius Erving and Larry Bird Go One on One, Jungle Hunt, Karate Champ, Karateka, Kid Niki, Kung Fu Master, L.A. Crackdown, Lock 'n Chase, Lode Runner, Lost Tomb, Marauder, Marble Madness, Mars Cars, Mating Zone, Megabots, Might and Magic, Miner 2049er, Minit Man, Money Muncher, Monster Smash, Montezuma's Revenge, Moon Patrol, The Movie Monster Game, Mr. Robot and his Robot Factory, Ms. Pac-Man, Night Mission Pinball, Night Stalker, O'Riley's Mine, Orbitron, Outpost, Paperboy, Pest Patrol, Phantoms Five, Picnic Paranoia, Pitfall II: Lost Caverns, Pitstop II, Planetfall (r10), Plasmania, Platoon, Pool 1.5, Pooyan, Prince of Persia, Qix, Rad Warrior, Rampage, Raster Blaster, Red Alert, Repton, Rescue Raiders, RoboCop, Robotron 2084, Roundabout, Russki Duck, Sabotage, Sammy Lightfoot, Sargon III, Sea Dragon, Shadowkeep, Shanghai, Shuffleboard, Skyfox, Snack Attack, Snake Byte, Sneakers, Space Eggs, Space Quarks, Spare Change, Spiderbot, Spindizzy, Spy Hunter, The Spy Strikes Back, Spy vs Spy III: Arctic Antics, Spy's Demise, Star Cruiser, Star Thief, Stellar 7, Street Sports Baseball, Street Sports Basketball, Street Sports Football, Street Sports Soccer, Sub Battle Simulator, Suicide, Summer Games, Swiss Family Robinson, Tag Team Wrestling, Temple of Apshai Trilogy, Test Drive, Tetris (128K), Tharolian Tunnels, Thunder Bombs, Thunderchopper, Tomahawk, Trick Shot, Tubeway II, Twerps, Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar, Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny, Up 'N Down, Vindicator, Wavy Navy, Wayout, Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego, Wings of Fury, Wishbringer (r23), World Karate Championship, The World's Greatest Baseball Game, The World's Greatest Football Game, Xevious, Zendar, Zorro [4am, Firehawke]
bbc_rom: Advanced BASIC Editor Plus, Aerodrome Training Aid, BASIC Editor & Toolkit, BeebAid 1.02, CNCIS DFS 1.2S, Colour Screenprint 1.02s, Demo (Master Compact), HiBASIC3, HiBASIC4, Image Processor 0.9A, Inter-Word 1.O2 [alt1], Inter-Word 1.O2 [alt2], Para-Max II, Plotmate A3 2.00, Plotmate A4 1.90, PMS Genie Real Time Clock, The Publisher 1.10, Solidisk DFS 2.1F (1770) Issue 2, Super Utility, UserRAM, Video Digitiser 1.03 [Nigel Barnes]
bbcmc_flop: Acom, The Krystal Connection, Zap! [Nigel Barnes]
ibm5150: Baby Jo in "Going Home", The Blues Brothers, Double Dragon II - The Revenge (3.5"), Lombard RAC Rally (3.5"), Rick Dangerous 2, Super Tetris, Xenon 2: Megablast (Power Pack Compilation) [ArcadeShadow]
ibm5170: Cisco Heat - All American Police Car Race, Lemmings, Micro Machines 2: Turbo Tournament [ArcadeShadow]
pce_tourvision: Blodia (TourVision PCE bootleg), Ganbare! Golf Boys (TourVision PCE bootleg) [system11, Recreativas.org, ClawGrip] Hanii on the Road (TourVision PCE bootleg), Time Cruise II (TourVision PCE bootleg) [system11, Ricky2001, Recreativas.org, ClawGrip]
sc3000_cass: The Case of the Mad Mummy, Dungeons Beneath Cairo, Environoid, Help, The House, The Secret of Bastow Manor, Solar Conquest [SC-3000 Survivors] City Lander, Dragonquest, Lawn, Quick Draw, Video Poker, Voltron [Dan Mons]
vsmile_cart: Der Koenig der Loewen - Simbas großes Abenteuer (Ger, Rev. 2?), DreamWorks Shrek der Dritte - Ein Spannender Schultag (Ger), Kung Fu Panda - Der Weg des Panda (Ger), Superman - De Grootste Held (NL) [Ryan Holtz, TeamEurope]
einstein: Theatre Europe [Lord Sméagol (Carl Lloyd-Parker)]
vsmile_cart: ABC Land Aventure (Fra), Abenteuer im ABC Park (Ger), Alphabet Park Adventure (USA), Apprenti' pilote (Fra), Barney - Erlebnis-Reise (Ger), Bob der Baumeister - Bobs spannender Arbeitstag (Ger), Bob the Builder - Bob's Busy Day (USA), Byggare Bob - Bobs stressiga dag (Swe), Byggemand Bob - Bobs travle dag (Den), Cranium Partyland Park - A Carnival of Play-and-Learn Fun (USA), Disney Cenerentola - I desideri magici di Cenerentola (Ita), Disney Den Lille Havfrue - Ariels majestætiske rejse! (Den), Disney Il re leone - La grande avventura di Simba (Ita), Disney La Petite Sirene - Ariel devient une princesse (Fra), Disney La sirenetta - Ariel e la crociera magica (Ita), Disney Lejonkungen - Simbas stora äventyr (Swe), Disney Løvernes Konge - Simbas store eventyr (Den), Disney Nalle Puh - Honungsjakten (Swe), Disney Peter Plys - Honningjagten (Den), Disney Princess Cinderella - Askepots magiske ønsker (Den), Disney Princess Cinderella - Askungens magiska önskningar (Swe), Disney Princess Cinderella - Cinderella's Magic Wishes (USA), Disney Princess Cinderella - Cinderella's Magic Wishes (USA, Alt), Disney Princess Cinderella - Lernen im Märchenland (Ger), Disney Princess Cinderella - Lernen im Märchenland (Ger, Rev. 1), Disney Princesses Cendrillon - Le rêve enchanté de Cendrillon (Fra), Disney's Mickey Mouse - Mickey's Magical Adventure (USA), Disney's The Lion King - Simba's Big Adventure (USA), Disney/Pixar Bilar - Kör ikapp i Kylarköping (Swe), Disney/Pixar Biler - Ræs i Kølerkildekøbing (Den), Disney/Pixar Cars - Quatre Roues (Fra), Disney/Pixar Cars - Rev It Up in Radiator Springs (USA), Disney/Pixar Cars - Vollgas in Radiator Springs (Ger), Disney/Pixar Finding Nemo - De Wonderwereld Van Nemo (NL), Disney/Pixar Finding Nemo - Nemo's Ocean Discoveries (USA), Disney/Pixar Oben (Ger), Disney/Pixar Ratatouille - Le nuove ricette di Remy (Ita), Disney/Pixar Ratatouille - Remys neue Rezepte (Ger), Disney/Pixar Toy Story 2 - Operation: Rescue Woody! (USA), Disney/Pixar Toy Story 2 - Operation: Rädda Woody! (Swe), Disney/Pixar Toy Story 2 - Woodys Spannende Rettung (Ger), Disney/Pixar Up (UK), Disney/Pixar Wall-E (Ger), Disney/Pixar Wall-E (Swe), Disneys Aladdin - Aladdins Welt der Wunder (Ger), Disneys Arielle Die Meerjungfrau - Arielles aufregendes Abenteuer (Ger), Disneys Arielle die Meerjungfrau - Arielles aufregendes Abenteuer (Ger, Rev. 3?), Disneys Den Lilla Sjöjungfrun - Ariels majestätiska resa! (Swe), Disneys Micky - Mickys magisches Abenteuer (Ger), Disneys Musse Pigg - Musses magiska äventyr (Swe), Dora L'Exploratrice - Les aventures de Dora Apprentie Mécano (Fra), DreamWorks Monsters vs Aliens (Ger), DreamWorks Shrek - Die Geschichte des Drachen (Ger), DreamWorks Shrek - Le Rhume de Dragonne (Fra), DreamWorks Shrek the Third - Arthur's School Day Adventure (USA), Elmos großes Abenteuer (Ger), Entdecke die Welt von Rotkäppchen (Ger), Ernies & Berts Fantastisches Abenteuer (Ger), Freds Zahlen Rallye (Ger), Kleine Einsteins (Ger, Rev. 3?), Kung Fu Panda - Path of the Panda (UK), Le Monde d'Elmo - Les Grandes Découvertes D'Elmo (Fra), Le Roi Lion - Simba Découvre la Jungle (Fra), Mein erster Hund (Ger), Meister Manny's Werkzeugkiste (Ger), Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (NL), Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Swe), Micky Maus Wunderhaus (Ger, Rev. 3?), Min hundvalp (Swe), My Friends Tigger & Pooh - Die Honigjagd (Ger), Nick Jr Dora - Doras Reparatur-Abenteuer (Ger, Rev. 1), Nick Jr Dora the Explorer - Dora's Fix-it Adventure (USA), Nickelodeon Spongebob Schwammkopf - Der Tag des Schwamms (Ger), Nickelodeon Spongebob Schwammkopf - Der Tag des Schwamms (Ger, Rev. 1), Nickelodeon Spongebob Squarepants - A Day in the Life of a Sponge (USA), Noddy - Detektiv für einen Tag (Ger, Rev. 3?), Oui-Oui - Détective d'un Jour (Fra), Scooby-Doo - Panique à Funland (Fra), Scooby-Doo! - Avventura a Funland (Ita), Scooby-Doo! - Funland Frenzy (USA), Scooby-Doo! - Im Lernpark (Ger), Scooby-Doo! - Sjov i forlystelsesparken (Den), Scooby-Doo! - Tivoli-tokerier (Swe), Shrek De Derde - Arthurs Schooldag Avontuur (NL), Spider-Man & Freunde - Wettkampf im Space-Labor (Ger), Spider-Man & ses amis - Missions secrètes (Fra), Superman - Der Superheld (Ger), Superman - À la rescousse ! (Fra), Thomas & Friends - Tågen hjälps åt (Swe), Thomas & seine Freunde - Freunde Halten Zusammen (Ger), Thomas & seine Freunde - Freunde Halten Zusammen (Ger, Rev. 1), Thomas et ses Amis - Les locomotives s'entraident (Fra), Tingeling (Swe), V.Smile - Lern- und Tanzmatte (Ger), V.Smile Fußball Schule (Ger), V.Smile Tecknarstudio (Swe), Zayzoo - My Alien Classmate (USA), Zayzoo: An Earth Adventure (UK), Zayzoo: An Earth Adventure (USA), Zayzoos Lernall (Ger), Zézou - Notre Ami Venu d'Ailleurs (Fra) [Ryan Holtz] Disney Winnie l'Ourson - La Chasse au miel de Winnie (Fra), Disney Winnie l'Ourson - La Chasse au miel de Winnie (Fra, Rev. 2), Disneys Winnie Puuh - Die Honigjagd (Ger) [Ryan Holtz, Vas Crabb]
bbcmc_flop: Codename: DROID, Colossus Chess 4.0, Elite, Exile, Holed Out, Holed Out Extra Courses Vol.2, Micro Power Magic, Play It Again Sam, Play It Again Sam 2, Q-Master, Repton Around the World in 40 Screens, Repton Thru Time, Steve Davis Snooker, Stryker's Run, U.I.M. [Nigel Barnes]
clickstart_cart: Animal Art Studio (UK), Bob the Builder (UK), Dora the Explorer (UK), Estudio de Arte Animal (SP), Finding Nemo (UK), Thomas & Friends (UK), Toy Story (SP), Toy Story (UK) [Sean Riddle, ClawGrip, TeamEurope] Disney Princess (UK), Learning Carnival (UK), Nick Jr. The Backyardingans (UK), Nickelodeon Go Diego Go! - Learning Expeditions (UK), Nickelodeon Ni Hao, Kai-Lan (UK), Scout's Puppy Pals (UK), The World of Cars (UK) [TeamEurope, Sean Riddle]
electron_rom: E2P Operating System (ROM) [Nigel Barnes]
jakks_gamekey_dy: Sports Bowling & Goofy's Underwater Adventure, Sports Tennis & Face Chase, Sports Tennis & Face Chase & Riches of Agrabah [Sean Riddle]
jakks_gamekey_nk: Soccer Shootout & Juego De Futbol De Dora & Dora's Star Mountain Adventure [Sean Riddle]
jakks_gamekey_sw: Turret Defense & Yoda's Escape [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen]
leapster: Buscando a Nemo - Leer Bajo el Mar (Spa), Don Lápiz - Aprender a Dibujar y Escribir (Spa), El Laberinto de las Letras (Spa), La Conquista de los Números (Spa), Spider-Man - El Caso de Las Letras Revueltas (Spa) [TeamEurope, ClawGrip]
vsmile_cd: El Asombroso Spider-Man - Persecución en la Ciudad (Spa), Los Increíbles - Misión Increíble (Spa) [ClawGrip, The Dumping Union]
vsmilem_cart: Action Manía (Sp), Cars: Vollgas in Radiator Springs (Ger), Disney Princess Cinderella - Lernen im Märchenland (Ger, Rev. 2?), Dora - Doras Reparatur-Abenteuer (Ger, Rev. 2), Kleine Einsteins (Ger, Rev. 2?), Küss den Frosch - Tianas großer Traum (Ger), Mein erster Hund (Ger), Spider-Man & Freunde - Geheime Missionen (Ger), Spongebob Schwammkopf - Der Tag des Schwamms (Ger), Thomas - Freunde halten zusammen (Ger), Wintersport (Ger) [TeamEurope]
vtech_storio_cart: Dora und die drei Schweinchen (Germany), Micky Maus Wunderhaus (Germany), Rapunzel - Neu verföhnt (Germany), Scooby-Doo!-Scooby-Doo y la momia (Spain), Spongebob Schwammkopf - Ein Schwamm will nach oben (Germany) [TeamEurope]
• tv950: Emulated keyboard, and hooked up speaker and RS232 ports. [AJR]
• 68340: Overhauled interrupt handling: [AJR] * Fixed interrupt acknowledgement and arbitration * Restricted automatic clear-on-acknowledgment to programmable interrupt timer interrupts. * Made timer unit clear COM and set TC and TO in the status register when applicable. * Fixed timer unit’s use of IE0 (TC interrupt enable) and IE2 (TO interrupt enable).
• mbc55x: Re-implemented high-level emulation of keyboard as a serial device. [AJR]
• snes: Fixed crash when no cartridge has been loaded (GitHub #4459). [AJR]
• uts20, uts10: Improved peripheral emulation: [AJR] * Added keyboard port with options for Expanded Typewriter Keyboard and UTS 400-Format Keyboard. * Added unidirectional printer port. * Added addressable latch devices to control various things, including disabling display during RAM test. * Added a hack to pass the non-volatile memory test on uts10. * Added speaker sound for “audible alarm”.
• 8x300 clean-up and expansion: [AJR] * Latch at most one IV input per instruction. * Fixed output behavior of some opcodes that selected the wrong IV bank or wrong value to write. * Added 8X305 type and emulated additional 8X305 registers. * Added address latching callback. * Applied address shift to program space.
• unidasm: Fixed crash on TMS34010 performing a 32-bit operand fetch. [AJR]
• tv955kb: Added bell and reset outputs. [AJR]
• z8 updates: [AJR] * Added Z8682 type with test ROM from Zilog application note. * Re-wrote timer emulation, including support for most TIN and TOUT modes. * Added basic UART emulation.
• amerihok: Slowed down ADPCM chip to a much more reasonable speed. [AJR]
• m24: Re-implemented motherboard devices according to Olivetti schematics. [AJR]
• i86: Fixed passing of opcode address to coprocessor. [AJR]
• Added object finder for address spaces, and used it to replace several ad-hoc implementations and memory interfaces. [AJR]
• thomson.cpp: Implemented undocumented alternate bitmap16 video mode (tested on a real TO8). [Antoine Miné]
• rainbow.cpp: Changed default floppy configuration to what UCSD Forth and Pascal expect, and updated notes. [Bavarese]
• cps3.cpp updates: [cam900] * Improved color fading to better match hardware behavior, and added draw case for 100% full screen zoom. * Restricted drawing to clipping rectangle, added save state support, and made class members private as appropriate.
• midas.cpp, neogeo.cpp, neogeocd.cpp and neopcb.cpp updates: [cam900] * Updated metadata for a number of games, and added notes. * Implemented battery-backed NVRAM for jockeygp and vliner. * Converted sprite device to use device_video_interface and simplified horizontal sprite zoom handling. * Removed MCFG macros and improved member names.
• srmp6.cpp updates: [cam900] * Converted sprite RAM to buffered_spriteram16_device. * Improved color fading (appears to be similar to CPS-3). * Added save state support, reduced run-time tag map lookups, and simplified graphics decoding. * Cleaned up code, improved member naming, and added notes.
• galastrm.cpp: Converted TC0110PCR to a device and cleaned up code. [cam900]
• nile.cpp: Added save state support. [cam900]
• legionna.cpp: Corrected clocks based on crystals present and documentation. [cam900]
• psikyo.cpp updates: [cam900] * Converted sprite RAM to buffered_spriteram32_device and improved behavior. * Fixed transparent sprite behaviour. * Fixed s1945bl Oki memory banking. * Cleaned up code and improved member names.
• homerun.cpp updates: [cam900] * Reduced unnecessary tilemap invalidation and partial screen updates. * Converted palette decoding to use a palette decoder function. * Simplified graphics decoding and memory banking, and reduced run-time tag map lookups. * Fixed reset behavior.
• homedata.cpp updates: [cam900] * Added latch device for inter-CPU communication. * Converted mrokumei banking to address_map_bank_device. * Fixed reikaids sound clocks (hardware is similar to battlcry). * Replaced driver initialization functions with derived address maps. * Reduced run-time tag map lookups.
• megasys1.cpp updates: [cam900] * Implemented scroll register read-back, and adjusted palette size to match palette RAM size. * Reduced run-time tag map lookups and hard-coded tags. * Cleaned up code, and reduced duplication and redundancy.
• netlist updates: [Couriersud] * nlwav: Added support for converting log files to VCD format, and updated examples in --help output. * Added comment handling to the preprocessor (directives in multi-line comments are now ignored correctly).
• Split e-kara software list according to cartridge type as cartridges are compatible with multiple systems. [David Haywood] * Associated appropriate lists with e-kara, Popira, Taiko de Popira, and Dance Dance Revolution Family Mat systems.
• xavix.cpp updates: [David Haywood] * Added logging function to calculate CRC shown in the header for Radica games to aid with verification. * Added preliminary serial EEPROM support – saves correctly, but does not correctly reload. * Implemented register read-back required by popira when pausing. * Improved handling of raster interrupt enables. * Added preliminary barrel shifter emulation (used by rad_guru in 3D sections). * Implemented bitmap transparency (used by xavbaseb).
• vii.cpp updates: [David Haywood] * Mirrored JAKKS GameKey ROMs and added I/O allowing them to boot. * Kludged handling of invalid DMA size writes to avoid trashing RAM and registers in jak_dora.
• vtech2: Added I/O expansion slot with support for joystick and printer. [Dirk Best]
• hp9825: Added high-level emulation of HP9885 floppy drive, and extended the HPI format to handle single-sided disks. [F.Ulivi]
• Adjusted patterns to prevent “vsnes” subtarget being mistaken for a Visual Studio build. [Justin Kerk]
• emscripten: Added a work-around for Web Audio auto-play restrictions in Chrome 71. [Justin Kerk]
• sdl: Don't let failure to start haptic feedback prevent joystick module from loading. [Justin Kerk]
• einstein.xml: Re-dumped master disk for Theatre Europe. [Lord Sméagol (Carl Lloyd-Parker)]
• dsk_dsk: Increased maximum cell count allowing slightly out-of-spec disk images to run. [Lord Sméagol (Carl Lloyd-Parker)]
• via6522.cpp: Fixed shifter speed when shifting under control of system clock. [Mathis Rosenhauer]
• vectrex: Adjusted timing to fix maze in Clean Sweep. [Mathis Rosenhauer]
• chdman: Fix GDI 2048 extraction. [MetalliC]
• bbc updates: [Nigel Barnes] * Re-implemented ROM slots allowing for non-standard ROM devices. * Implemented a number of banked ROM, real-time clock and RAM devices for ROM slots. * Added support for the Logotron Sprite Board on the 1MHz bus (for use with Logotron Logo).
• sbrain: Added boot ROM 4.2 as a BIOS option. [Nigel Barnes]
• sc3000: Added support for the SC-3000 Survivors Multicart and Megacart cartridges. [Nigel Barnes]
• electron updates: [Nigel Barnes] * Amended cartridge slot interface to include OE and OE2 lines to specify ROM13. * Added Slogger Plus 2 Expansion, Acorn Tube Interface, and P.R.E.S. Advanced Plus 5 cartridge devices. * Used derived 16 MHz clock on expansion bus and cartridge slots. * Removed MCFG macros and added devcb3 in expansion and cartridge devices.
• specpdq: Fixed blitting operations and improved boundaries (still some pattern offset issues). [O. Galibert]
• nscsi_cd.cpp: Implemented the read TOC command and fixed inquiry. [O. Galibert]
• sh2: Fixed interpreter for cps3. [O. Galibert]
• nscsi_cd.cpp, nscsi_hd.cpp: Implemented the receive diagnostics results and send diagnostics commands. [O. Galibert]
• mips.cpp: Allowed rx2030 to boot RISC/os from a pre-installed hard disk image (with FPU disabled). [Patrick Mackinlay]
• alpha: Implemented DEC Alpha AXP disassembler (CPU emulation is not implemented). [Patrick Mackinlay]
• decstation.cpp updates: [R. Belmont] * ds3100: Improved emulation allowing video board tests to pass. * ds3100: Added preliminary DEC DC7085 “DZ” quad UART emulation. * ds5k133: Added preliminary LANCE Ethernet hook-up. * Moved SFB video chip emulation to a separate device so it can be shared with Alpha AXP systems in the future.
• vegas.cpp: Fixed leader lamp output. [Risugami]
• apple3: Corrected font upload control addresses (improves Atomic Defense). [Rob Justice]
• vtech2.cpp updates: [Robbbert] * Replaced banking code for laser500 and similar with address_map_bank_device (fixes MT07180). * Connected up cartridge slot for laser500 and similar.
• uts20: Added support for second virtual screen. [Robbbert]
• funworld.cpp: Fixed palette addressing and colors for machines with epoxy CPU bricks, and corrected metadata. [Roberto Fresca]
• dspp: Added a preliminary recompiler (disabled by default). [Ryan Holtz]
• spg2xx updates: [Ryan Holtz] * Limited receive rate for UART simulation to configured Baud rate, and separated SPG24x and SPG28x Baud rate calculation. * Improved timing of ADC interrupts, and added support for polled ADC mode and second ADC channel. * Treat sprite DMA with zero length as 0x400 words (required by clikstrt bobbuild and jak_wwe). * Fixed sprite double-rendering (fixes priorities in jak_wwe). * Implemented timers A and B (used by many V.Smile titles). * Suppress video IRQ status bits when corresponding enable bits are unset (fixed vsmile fred and appilote). * Automatically clear vertical blanking interrupt at end of vertical blanking interval. * Fixed TMB1 and TMB2 not activating if initialized to the lowest rate. * Don’t render lines outside the visible range (fixes palette corruption in jak_disf). * Corrected width of fade control register (fixes flickering during fades in rad_fb2). * Improved performance, logging detail and logging configurability. * Fixed PRNG behaviour (fixes many issues in JAKKS Pacific games).
• mips3: Fixed fast RAM accesses, COP0 exception handling, and recompiler block checksumming. [Ryan Holtz]
• unsp updates: [Ryan Holtz] * Implemented a recompiler with timing matching the interpreter. * Added direct accessors for interrupt inputs and data segment with a view to more integrated SoC implementation. * Improved logging.
* vsmile updates: [Ryan Holtz] * Fixed control pad response bytes – first controller is detected and works. * Simulate a brief power button press on boot (required for toystor2). * Implemented cartridge mirroring (required for techart). * Implemented ROM and non-volatile RAM cartridges. * De-asserted test point input.
• vsmileb: Hooked up basic GPIO and DIP switches, and added cartridge slot and infrared controller. [Ryan Holtz]
• vsmileb_cart.xml: Removed built-in titles from the software list. [Ryan Holtz]
• netlist: Added 7497 device, and fixed behaviour of 7474 when preset and clear are both asserted. [shattered, Couriersud]
• sblaster.cpp: Fixed DMA count and implemented high-speed DMA fixes for Sound Blaster Pro and Sound Blaster 16. [shattered] * Fixes playback in Inertia Player.
• Re-wrote WD33C9x SCSI controller emulation using new SCSI framework and updated all affected drivers. [tyfighter, O. Galibert, Ryan Holtz]
• nscsi_hd.cpp: Track current block on LBA writes. [tyfighter]
• mips3: Added minimal support for revealing the Secondary Cache Line size in the Status Register. [tyfighter]
• Streamlined palette configuration and removed many palette and graphics decoding MCFG macros. [Vas Crabb]
• Removed some delegate functionality that’s no longer useful. [Vas Crabb]
• Added some example XSL transform scripts that operate on -listxml output. [Vas Crabb]
• Improved user interaction: [Vas Crabb] * Added support for icons and filtering on favourites in software selection menu. * Added support for ICO files containing PNG image data with alpha transparency. * Changed search to use a more responsive edit distance algorithm. * Added more detail to possible matches displayed for unknown system/software names. * Made informational verbs behave more consistently. * Made -oslog option send diagnostic output to standard error when no debugger is attached on Windows. * Slightly improved performance when loading localisation files. * Refactored selection menu and favourites manager code for better encapsulation and performance.
• unsp: Improved S flag calculation for additions (fixes background scrolling in vsmile pooh). [Vas Crabb, Ryan Holtz]
• vsmileb: Identified codes for infrared controller. [bmx, Ryan Holtz]
• vsmile_cd.xml: Changed disk image names to match games serial numbers. [ClawGrip]
• pce_tourvision.xml clean-up and updates: [ClawGrip] * Aligned metadata with the main PC Engine software list and added alt_title info. * Changed cartridge IDs to hexadecimal format and fixed some ROM region sizes. * Trimmed over-dumped ROMs where the data matches the corresponding PC Engine HuCard dump. * Marked dumps that don’t match any known PC Engine HuCard. * Removed Parasol Stars as it is rumored, but has not actually dumped from a TourVisión cartridge.
• storio.cpp: Changed CPU to ARM9 (ARM926EJ-S core) at 240 MHz based on information from the Nuvoton W55FA9363SDN technical manual. [ClawGrip]
• snk.cpp: Corrected ROM labels and added PCB locations to Chopper I sets. [Corrado Tomaselli, The Dumping Union]
• m90.cpp: Re-dumped bomblord and documented ROM locations and read-protected PLDs. [f205v]
• Added compatibility filters for Apple II floppy software lists. [Firehawke]
• Updated documentation and re-worked for clarity and consistency. [Firehawke, Vas Crabb]
• m90.cpp: Verified riskchal program ROM labels. [hammy]
• aristmk5.cpp: Improved inputs for baddog, multidrw, and adjusted baddog.lay accordingly. [Heihachi_73]
• aristmk4.cpp: Improved default DIP switch settings for some games, and removed the fake “test” coin inputs from cgold2. [Heihachi_73]
• aristmk6.cpp: Added Aristocrat MK6 Base Queensland BIOS versions 01040505, 03130334, 14011605 and 20012305. [Heihachi_73]