Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
QMC2 Jump to new posts
'Official' MacOS release? MAMEBase 12/03/22 01:45 AM
Hello.

I was just wondering if there had been an 'official' release of QMC2 (with an installer) for MacOS, and I just missed it...

I'm still running 0.192, which is still working for me, but I'd like to try the latest version.

I'm a bit hesitant to attempt compiling it myself, for fear of royally screwing something up.
0 50 Read More
QMC2 Jump to new posts
How to specify -noautosave? mochamame 11/13/22 01:15 AM
First thanks for this incredible frontend. I'm on Linux and really appreciate it. Does QMC2 have anyway to specify -noautosave on a per-machine basis? I have "autosave 1" in my mame.ini and QMC2 is setup to read that file. If I uncheck it in the per-machine configuration menu, it removes "-autosave" from the command, but if there is already a ***.sta file in my -state_directory path then that state gets loaded regardless! The way I normally avoid this on the command line is to specify "-noautosave". How do you force "-noautosave" in QMC2? Thanks.
0 102 Read More
Non-Windows MAME Support Jump to new posts
Galaxian (and friends) audio crackling on M1 Mac kmg 11/12/22 09:03 PM
Is anybody else experiencing this issue? It sounds like crackling, fuzz, a raspy speaker membrane, etc. It does not sound like performance related hiccups. Various drivers in galaxian.cpp have this problem—most notably it accompanies the famous Galaxian pulsing sound. The Moon Cresta ship entrance jingle has the fuzz too. I didn't hear anything with sbhoei, scramble, etc, so it seems like the issue is probably specific to Galaxian and Moon Cresta netlist audio.

I could not duplicate this issue on my Intel MBP on 0.247. Is this issue M1 only? Does anybody hear this on any other platforms? For the record on my M1 MBP I'm on top of tree, macOS 12.6, clang 14.
0 100 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 18 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,132
Posts119,658
Members5,029
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com