Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Non-Windows MAME Support Jump to new posts
Ultimarc Aimtrac on MAME - Ubuntu Simon Foote 09/07/20 09:08 PM
I recently purchased an Aimtrac lightgun and I am having massive issues getting this to work in MAME running on Ubuntu.
I am using the latest build of MAME (0.224) and Ubuntu is running on a PC, not a Raspberry Pi or anything like that.
Using The Ubuntu Windows desktop The gun works as a mouse. Other than it's not very accurate, because the calibration utility doesn't work, it works fine.
In MAME itself, if I press TAB to go to the controller options, that sees it as Mouse1, which exactly how it picks up my trackball, which works perfectly in gun games and also my Spinner.
However, the only thing that isn't right with this is, when configuring mouse devices, depending on what way you move the device, you get mouse X or Mouse Y. With the Aimtrac, Whatever way I move the gun I get Mouse X & Y at the same time.
I'm guessing, as a result of this, when I try to use the Aimtrac in a game, as soon as you bring the gun into view of the sensor, it just drops the crosshair into the bottom right hand corner of the screen and will not move.
If you take the gun out of sight of the sensor, you can move the crosshairs with the spinner or the trackball no problem.
The other thing I've found is, I'm using EmulationStation as part of RetroPie, so even though I'm not using it, I have LR-Mame installed. If I open up a shooting game with LR-MAME2016 instead of standard MAME, the gun works! However, my spinner doesn't.
I've tried following the steps under using a lightgun in Linux , in the official MAME documentation, but that didn't resolve the issue. In fact it introduced some new problems, for example disabling the buttons on my Ultimarc Ultimate IO controller.
A friend of mine also has two of these guns running on a similar set up, but using Debian rather than Ubuntu and they are getting exactly the same problems as me.
Any help, solutions or suggestions welcome as this is driving me mad!
0 52 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
BletchMAME 2.1 Bletch 08/29/20 02:13 PM
Just a bug fix release, nothing new - but if anybody had problems with 2.0, try 2.1
0 137 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
MAME 0.224 Vas Crabb 08/26/20 04:51 AM
MAME 0.224

Are you ready kids? MAME 0.224 (our August release) is out now! As always, there’s plenty to talk about. First of all, the Magnavox Odyssey² and Philips Videopac+ G7400 have had a major overhaul, with many graphical errors fixed, most software working, and support for the Chess and Home Computer modules. The Gigatron 8-bit homebrew computer, created by the late Marcel van Kervinck and based entirely on 7400-series logic chips, is now working with graphics and controller support. Acorn 8-bit expansions continue to arrive, with several additions for the BBC Micro and Electron. Speaking of expansions, regular contributor F.Ulivi has delivered serial modules for the HP Integral PC and HP9825/HP9845 families.

Analog arcade audio continues to advance. If you’ve played Namco’s Tank Battalion, ancestor of the NES classic Battle City, you’ll be acutely aware of the limitations of the sample-based audio. That has been addressed this month, with netlist-based audio emulation. For Midway, 280 ZZZAP sound has been further refined, and netlist-based audio has been implemented for Laguna Racer and Super Speed race, which use similar circuitry. Sega G-80 games have received some long-overdue attention, with netlist-based audio added for Astro Blaster, Eliminator, Space Fury and Zektor, as well as better Universal Sound Board emulation for Star Trek and Tac/Scan, and more accurate CPU timing. Other games receiving netlist-based audio are Destroyer and Flyball from Atari, and Fire One and Star Fire from Exidy. On the topic of audio emulation, the ultra low cost GameKing now has preliminary sound emulation, making the games feel more complete.

Work on UK gambling systems has continued, with several more Barcrest, BWB and JPM games working in this release. There are also a number of new European gambling games, including several Cherry Master and Jolly Joker sets. A significant number of arcade driving games have had additional internal layouts optimised for use on wide aspect ratio displays added. Other advances in home computer emulation include Apple IIe RGB monitor mode support, Apple II CMS SCSII II card support, and proper emulation speed for the VTech Laser 500.

As always, there’s far more happening than we have space for here, and you can read all about it in the whatsnew.txt file, or get the source and 64-bit Windows binary packages from the download page.

Read the rest of this entry »
0 243 Read More
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (R. Belmont), 38 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,811
Posts115,965
Members4,914
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020