Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
QMC2 Jump to new posts
Re: QMC2 Invalid Configuration RColtrane 11/14/19 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by MusicLovr
Ah - a MAME error, caused by QMC2. I can confirm this. It seems MAME no longer supports the old artwork -use and -nouse_whateverartwork commands. It still does support -[no]artwork_crop / -[no]artcrop,

So, must have all artworks enabled, in QMC2, and turn off artwork with MAME video options, for individual machines, or no (or incorrect) artwork paths to turn off for all machines.

Perhaps you could register this problem on the bug tracker. It might help to make it evident to more users...

Thank you very much MusicLovr, now my QMC2 is working again with the latest MAME version!
10 366 Read More
Non-Windows MAME Support Jump to new posts
Re: Mac linker failures in single-driver build Vas Crabb 11/14/19 02:42 AM
Yeah, your command can't possibly work. SOURCES= needs to specify at least one source file with a runnable machine listed in mame.lst.
3 30 Read More
Re: Mac compile fails CRP 11/13/19 07:32 PM
no, mame is not running. I am really at a loss about these errors...
5 33 Read More
Re: HLSL effect crashes locally-compiled MAME R. Belmont 11/13/19 03:33 AM
MAME top-of-tree has an updated BGFX where the HLSL shader works fine on the Metal backend. This will be in 0.216, of course.
7 129 Read More
Re: update on Mac bgfx and accel questions will 11/12/19 08:59 PM
Incidentally, bgfx_backend opengl is failing with any game I try.

illegal hardware instruction ./mame64 dkong -bgfx_backend opengl
18 50 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) notknown 11/11/19 08:34 PM
Ah, I just checked my popeye panorama and I see what you mean. I think it's a product of the mirror reflection doubling. Seems more prominent when you hold the light window next to a light. Also seems slightly more noticeable in pictures than in person, but i can see it.

Panoramas are honestly really beautiful to look at. The color layer and mask layer kind of have this 3D effect when you move your head. Everything pops out with vibrant colors. One of the coolest devices Nintendo made imo

Speaking of Popeye, can't wait to have that added someday. Fun stuff

Edit: I also want to say I've noticed how much smoother the controls feel after the latency was brought down, especially on games like super mario and bomb sweeper. It's much appreciated.
3,441 2,126,713 Read More
QMC2 Jump to new posts
Re: Installation error - Ubuntu 18.04 oddi 11/11/19 04:20 PM
Please, upload anyhere the last compiled executable for win10 x64, thank you smile
12 233 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: BletchMAME 1.4 has been released Bletch 11/11/19 02:37 PM
Thanks! Given the general quiet on these threads, it wasn't clear to me if anybody out there is using BletchMAME :-)

Did you specify the "Hash" directory in the Paths dialog? I would expect that once you specify that, software lists would show up.

Ideally, BletchMAME would have some quality of life features to prompt the user when one of these views is blank because of paths not being set up, it would prompt the user to set up the Paths (e.g. - "You have not specified any [roms|samples|hash|profiles] paths; click here to do so")
3 344 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Mouse behaviour in Mac driver Carbon 11/09/19 12:42 PM
OK, a workaround would be to use the driver in full screen mode (but the aspect ratio of the screens have to match).
2 190 Read More
MAME Jump to new posts
Re: Question about Software Lists ICEknight 11/07/19 09:29 PM
There's also many Spectrum +3 disk images that I was sent while making the softlist and which you won't find anywhere else. It should be the most complete set right now and for some time.

If you or anybody else happens to notice any games missing from the softlists and want to have a complete set in just one place, it's actually quite easy to add them.

They can be edited working from here: https://github.com/mamedev/mame/tree/master/hash
And there's some guidelines, here: https://wiki.mamedev.org/index.php/Submitting_Source_Code
3 226 Read More
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AJR), 60 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,711
Posts114,495
Members4,869
Most Online510
Aug 26th, 2019