Thread Like Summary
robcfg
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#95122 07/16/2014 6:53 PM
by rfka01
rfka01
Intro
In the past few days since Sandro Ronco got CP/M-80 to boot on the DMV driver (thanks!) I have (re-)dumped a lot of the NCR Decision Mate V (DMV) ROMs, have taken loads of pictures and documented the different sets of hardware I have. Now the BIOS and 8741AD ROM versions from the mainboard can be implemented as matching sets.

This called for a new arrangement and naming of the files in order to present them properly. The option modules now carry their proper NCR designation, and the ROM files have their version numbers.

In this thread Ill gather all the useful information about the DMV from the old Requirements thread which can then be used solely for the discussion of the DEC Rainbow 100.
The NCR DMV is in its most basic configuration a Z80 machine with one 320K DSDD Floppy drive with 64K RAM and a monochrome monitor.

There were configurations with dual drives, one drive and internal harddisk, color monitor and graphics card, and it was easily extendable by plugging in modules in the various slots in the back of the machine.

Slot 1 was reserved for RAM extension modules (64K, 192K and 448K)
Slots 2-6 could be used for various extensions with a slot 2A on the back of the mainboard for an internal harddisk adapter
Slot 7 (and the inward facing 7A) were reserved for CPU modules and the Diagnostics module.
On multilayer mainboards (mine all are) Ctrl-F20 resets the machine.

All page numbers in the posts below reflect the actual page in the PDF file, not the original page in the manual.
Liked Replies
by rfka01
rfka01
The DMV driver seems to have lost the ability to draw the graphics in AutoCAD between 0.235 and 0.236 (there was a µPD7220 change for that release).

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I have a HD image set up to replicate the issue. The DMV.BAT file in the archive gives a nicely maxed out configuration for the machine after you adapt the file paths to match your MAME setup.

Boot into DOS, enter "CD ACAD", "ACAD", type option "2" and the drawing's name, e.g. "NOZZLE" or "COLUMBIA".
1 member likes this
by crazyc
crazyc
Fixed.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dorando), 27 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,100
Posts119,253
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com