Thread Like Summary
abelenki, Duke, hal3000, hap, ICEknight, MilanSK, R. Belmont, ssj
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by seanriddle
seanriddle
Originally Posted By hap

Hmm, wizatron issue could also be due to how the digit leds work. They obviously should take some time to decay so strobing them doesn't look like a flickering disco. Maybe related to that.

TI-1270: do you have the post-acid pic? I can see the microinstructions, but barely see the output pla and main opcode pla.

Yeah, the change to SETR and removal of RSTR may have something to do with it. I still haven't read enough to understand that change yet. I don't have any working TMS-0970s left, but I have a couple of TMS-0980s, which likely output the same. I could do some logic captures if you think it might help.

I uploaded the TI-1270 post-acid pic.
Liked Replies
by DarthMarino
DarthMarino
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

I'll lump it in with my G&W files for the time being:

Game & Watch Artwork (including Bassmate & Space Mission)
4 members like this
by hal3000
hal3000
The display for G&W Egg has been improved. The screen has been digitized from an actual game unit.

This is what the game looks like with the new display file:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Thanks to Mackapär (https://www.instagram.com/butikmackapar/) for lending out the game!
2 members like this
by DarthMarino
DarthMarino
Here is some artwork for the new scan Henrik did for Autoslalom:

It can be found here in the Non-Nintendo folder:
Game & Watch/LCD Artwork
2 members like this
by JDGP030302
JDGP030302
Two useless but interesting G&W little details i noticed:

Super Mario Bros. have a neat little funny easter egg: if the alarm activates while the game runs and the player have three extra lives the "Alarm Koopa" will breathe fire (as normal) but with a smoke cloud appearing, giving the impression that it is burning the leftmost extra life icon. Guess that they wanted to use every single segment available (And you tought SMB was complex for an electronic handheld).

In Zelda the princess have four segments for the arms (check the svg) but when she appears in the game she never moves them. It gives me the impression that the 2 segments for the raised arms are unused (of course, outside of pressing the game button when putting the batteries or resetting the game).
1 member likes this
by hal3000
hal3000
Tronica: Space Mission has now been preserved in MAME smile

The game is based on the Sharp SM5A and the gameplay is similar to G&W Octopus.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Game case and inlay scans has been uploaded here. The inlay was hard to scan and is a bit dark. If someone wants me to redo it, please let me know and I can give it a try.
1 member likes this
by hal3000
hal3000
The artwork looks awesome, great work!

Thanks to MilanSK for lending out the unit from which the game and display was scanned from.
1 member likes this
by DarthMarino
DarthMarino
Originally Posted by hap
@DarthMarino You forgot to update the top-left part. The real handheld simply has "ИМ" in a taller font.

Good catch. Updated.

1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
3 members (Duke, Heihachi_73, Olivier Galibert), 27 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,960
Posts117,760
Members4,994
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com