Thread Like Summary
kmg, R. Belmont, Robbbert, ssj
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by ssj
ssj
We recently managed to finally buy one Bandai Gundam RX-78 game (Challenge Golf) and it's now dumped, unfortunately game is not working in both MAME or Takeda's emulator which makes me doubt if the dump is good or might be some emulation issue. Could someone please have a look and see if you can figure out why the game won't load?
This was dumped as a 27c128 which TE is confident is correct, but the game doesn't use a standard EPROM.

Dump available here:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=79609334795461234922
Liked Replies
by Robbbert
Robbbert
The Space Enemy bug has been fixed. As far as I can tell, out of the 3 known RX-78 emulators, MAME is the only one to work correctly with all known software.
3 members like this
by Hubz
Hubz
This is fantastic news! You can just give credit to Gaming Alexandria and SSJ.

I am going to be getting a hold of a composite to USB recording device soon and i'll record gameplay to help with the colors and sound and post them.
1 member likes this
by Robbbert
Robbbert
Fixed the cracer traffic lights, and the chopped-up music in gundam's opening screen. Both issues had the same basic cause.

There's really only one bug left (it's in Space Enemy), and it has no effect on playability.
1 member likes this
by Reuental
Reuental
Yes, they're free, you can hop to one of the pages and download e.g.
http://inufuto.web.fc2.com/8bit/bootskell/
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
3 members (Augusto, Heihachi_73, hal3000), 23 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,086
Posts119,083
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com