Thread Like Summary
anoid, Dam0, Duke, Edstrom, exidyboy, Haze, kmg, mixmaster, Osso, R. Belmont, Revenant, Robbbert, RowanD, ssj, Stiletto, Sune, tlindner
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#118351 01/08/2021 5:08 PM
by R. Belmont
R. Belmont
Micro Craft Dimension 68K, currently with a hack because they're doing something we don't support with the disks (double-stepping assuming a double-density disk in a high-density drive):

[Linked Image from rbelmont.mameworld.info]
Liked Replies
by R. Belmont
R. Belmont
With the latest FPU changes, we can run the Mac version of Photoshop 3.0 and load pictures.

5 members like this
by AaronGiles
AaronGiles
The TX81Z was actually a run-up to doing a PSR-60 layout. [Linked Image from aarongiles.com]

(Full resolution link)

Keys are hooked up (thanks to RB for already figuring out that part), but the copious buttons and LEDs will require emulating the little driver multiplexer chip. Shouldn't be too hard, I think.

The goal is to be able to switch instruments so I can see how the OPQ is handling things other than "organ", which seems to be the default.
3 members like this
by Just Desserts
Just Desserts
Currently waiting to hopefully make some other improvements before submitting a pull request, but DMA-driven samples are now working, albeit in a hacky way. This fixes voice samples and certain sound effects in both Sango Fighter and Monopoly, possibly others as well:

[video:youtube]
[/video]
3 members like this
by Duke
Duke
I made a big update to the Colour Genie softlist. Some examples of newly working games include this Qix clone:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A Q*bert clone:

Or this nice version of the classic Star Trek:

(which plays the Star Wars theme on the title screen!)
3 members like this
by Pernod
Pernod
Making progress on the only known Positron 9000 to exist https://binarydinosaurs.co.uk/Museum/Positron/index.php

It's the first time I've seen a SAA5050 being used to generate 80 columns.

3 members like this
by Duke
Duke
I've been in contact with Steve Hunt, who dumped the m3 ROMs and wrote the replacement monitor ROM. He gave me his custom CP/M floppy images, so that I've been able to hook up floppy support:

Still no official software, but at least the machine is usable now.

I also have a new version of the monitor ROM that supports booting from IDE.
2 members like this
by R. Belmont
R. Belmont
Some stuff you can do with the recently promoted Mac drivers. All of these are fresh installs from floppy images using the new floppy emulation.

Adobe Illlustrator

Aldus FreeHand

Aldus PageMaker

Microsoft Word 5.1a
2 members like this
by Just Desserts
Just Desserts
Rudimentary Super A'Can sound, courtesy of mostly SuperCTR and OG, with some initial device fleshing-out done by myself.

[video:youtube]
[/video]
2 members like this
by R. Belmont
R. Belmont
Some additional 680x0 FPU fixes allow us to load and view wireframes in Strata StudioPro, a popular early 3D modeling program for the Mac. (Strata was used to render the graphics in Myst).

2 members like this
by Just Desserts
Just Desserts
Just submitted a couple of N64 fixes via pull request.

8bpp mode for framebuffers was completely nonexistent. After some back-and-forth with some N64 test programs courtesy of krom and my 64drive, it matches a real N64's output almost exactly:

There's some difference in gamma, but beyond that, it seems to work. Bit interesting in that the VI still scans the framebuffer out as 16bpp 5:5:5:1 pixels, but the neighboring 8-bit values that exist in the framebuffer effectively get paired together. I suspect if the test drew fill-rects with an odd number of pixels rather than even, we'd see a fringe of "wrong" colors on one or the other side of each column.

It also turns out that the "Magic Matrix" used for some dither operations was transposed along its axis. Fixing that fixes the dither patterns used in krom's AlphaCompare test:

2 members like this
by R. Belmont
R. Belmont
Thanks to Kale, we can once again be State. Of. The. Art.

2 members like this
by hap
hap
G.T. Block Challenger (1978 arcade game) dumped by chaneman.
I was unable to find where it reads the paddle (or maybe ball/paddle collision detection)

1 member likes this
by fulivi
fulivi
Just a sneak peek of what PR #7695 will allow.. Emulated HP9845 connecting to Hercules-emulated IBM S/370 mainframe!

[Linked Image from fulivi.github.io]

(I wrote here the relevant instructions)

Thanks for watching!
--F.Ulivi
1 member likes this
by Duke
Duke
The Regnecentralen RC759 can now boot one of the floppies:

Keyboard works, and the 82730 was much improved too.

There are random floppy I/O errors though and other disks don't even get that far. I'll probably take a break now, the 186 isn't really my favorite CPU.
1 member likes this
by R. Belmont
R. Belmont
And of course once you have a CD-ROM drive working on the Mac, it must be time for Myst.

1 member likes this
by crazyc
crazyc
Haze pointed out that x68000 Terra Drive doesn't move unless a keyboard key is pressed (and even that is flaky). https://github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/381d97ed9d8385058b06ebd2f22dc482e95642a4 fixes it.
1 member likes this
by crazyc
crazyc
https://github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/c89891e4aa3746da8d3f325a6e4db5bd1468e1c8 fixes the overtake flickering. The pcm audio doesn't work though (the fm music does work if it's enabled in the menu). The walls beside the track which don't appear in XM6 seem to be in real hardware videos so AFAICT they aren't a graphic error.

1 member likes this
by crazyc
crazyc
https://github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/0eee182afb3cc79d7f34ab1031fd656ca25bc332 fixed the pcm audio.
1 member likes this
by crazyc
crazyc
While still on the subject of x68k racing games, super hangon for the x68k seems to have a different issue, one with background colours often being rendered as black rather than as they should be. This means the music select screen has a black background, when it should be orange, and parts of the sky are black too. Had that one just been the sky, I would have guessed raster split too, but because an entire screen has the wrong background colour, I'm not so certain
This part is caused by apparently the hardware selects the lowest priority tile layer pixel to draw if all layers are transparent.

This one by the 0 color index being treated as transparent which as I recall I assumed was true based on other behavior but nothing expects it (at least nothing I know of... ).
1 member likes this
by crazyc
crazyc

Fixed the gaps in the full color sprites in Towns Shadow of the Beast 2.
1 member likes this
by AaronGiles
AaronGiles
Just added a fancy internal layout for the TX81Z, which is sounding quite reasonable now. (Sadly, missed the 0.232 cutoff, so you'll need top of tree.)

[Linked Image from aarongiles.com]

Also a 16:9-friendly view because the full one is hard to read unless you've got a 4k display:

[Linked Image from aarongiles.com]

(And yes, crt-geom-deluxe seems to be applying to the LCD display -- probably shouldn't)
1 member likes this
by crazyc
crazyc
Fixed the visible area so Cotton is correctly stretched. The score bar is correctly opaque, at least in videos from unknown sources, too but the part above should either be black or in the overscan area. It's a bit neat to see the keyboard lights which seem to act as some kind of music visualization.
1 member likes this
by Duke
Duke
Support for SPI SD cards was recently added by R. Belmont and used for an Apple II SD card device. The "BennVenn SD Loader" for the VZ-300/VZ-200 appreciates it:

1 member likes this
by kmg
kmg
NES roundup—because it's not all multicarts! (Ok, it's mostly multicarts.)

With a code freeze on the horizon I thought I'd share a small selection of things from the past month. Probably of most interest to people would be a couple small bug fixes for Japanese Konami games. One improves the IRQ emulation for a number of games, so you'll not be seeing shaky things like this or this anymore. Things aren't perfect however; there are still the occasional 1-line glitches here and there.

For the diehard collectors of schlock a bunch of unlicensed and pirate fighting games have coincidentally come together this month as well. We have the polished yet poorly playing Street Heroes by Sachen, the reasonably-okay-by-8-bit-NES-fighting-game-standards World Hero, an alright attempt at Samurai Spirits (8 character version) by Rex Soft, the hilariously bad, but must-play Kart Fighter starring big, goofy, poorly-drawn Mario characters, and finally the absurdly bad AV Bishoujo Senshi Girl Fighting—for all your *ahem* AV needs.

These last two games are by everybody's favorite masters of schlock, Hummer Team, and so it's probably worth mentioning that the original Somari cartridge is also now playable in MAME along with those fighting games. Again coincidentally, work on some multicart stuff led to the addition of yet another Hummer game which I'll leave as my parting gifts: intro 1 and intro 2.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 33 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,979
Posts117,944
Members5,003
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com