Thread Like Summary
MameBuster
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by MameBuster
MameBuster
Hello,

I have installed the actual Mame230 and my emulation makes a big noise all day,
I think it comes from the virtual floppydrive ?
This is very disturbing to me so that i cannot work with Mame - only if speaker of PC is OFF but that is no solution for me.
Is their any way to switch the floppy sound off via the commandline ? i start mame with a batch file only

I have googled a lot but absolut no find. Also there seems no manual - another question here, is there a
Compendium for the Mayarc Geneve 9640 emulation for the startup parameters ?

please help
thank you
Liked Replies
by Duke
Duke
In the video section of the MAME ini: Set window to 1 and maybe maximize to 0.
1 member likes this
by R. Belmont
R. Belmont
The floppy sound should only play when the disk is accessed - if it's really constant like that there's a bug in the emulation.
1 member likes this
by Golden Child
Golden Child
You can also use the -window command line parameter to start in windowed mode.

Also, you can use the OSD volume control sliders mapped to tilde, hit up and down arrows to get to the floppy sounds and left and right to change the volume.

Note that you have to enable the UI with scroll lock.
1 member likes this
by mizapf
mizapf
As for using the Geneve, please visit our TI and Geneve forums on AtariAge ("TI-99/4A computers"). There are many people who have good technical background and know how to configure the Geneve and to work with it. This is not so much a topic for a MAME forum.
1 member likes this
by R. Belmont
R. Belmont
Regarding the user experience for computers, wiki pages can help. I've written a pretty comprehensive one for the Apple II, for instance: https://wiki.mamedev.org/index.php/Driver:Apple_II

A similar guide for the TI and Geneve might not be a bad idea.
1 member likes this
by mizapf
mizapf
Once again, please send me a private message via this forum, and I'll prove you that I am not one of your Gurus.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
2 members (R. Belmont, Dorando), 32 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,959
Posts117,759
Members4,994
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com