Thread Like Summary
e5frog
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#119257 05/26/2021 6:26 AM
by e5frog
e5frog
I program for Channel F and a few versions ago (Currently checking out MAME 0.231 (LLP64) ) a bunch of registers were removed from the debugger in the left part of the window.
R16-R63 are gone from the list which makes things harder if you want to look for bugs.

While doing so $hexnumber was replaced with H'hexnumber', I thought $ or possibly 0x was the go-to way of writing hexadecimal numbers?
I have documents from the 70's that uses H'xxx' notation, as well as B'xxxxxxx' for binary and O'xx' for octal numbers - I thought it was long gone...?

Who has the power to change it back?
Liked Replies
by R. Belmont
R. Belmont
IMO, if people actually doing assembly programming on the system don't like the revised debugger semantics then it's a problem. The pseudo registers should be put back, at bare minimum.
1 member likes this
by MrBogi
MrBogi
Could something like that be a Mame.ini option, machine config option, or even a command line switch? (please insert brilliant ideas here to make it easily selected by user preference)

just a thought
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
2 members (Dorando, Olivier Galibert), 20 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,158
Posts119,916
Members5,034
Most Online1,283
Dec 21st, 2022
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com