Thread Like Summary
Darkstar, MrBogi, Praxis, R. Belmont, robcfg, Stiletto, zillion
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#119612 08/27/2021 2:50 AM
by Vas Crabb
Vas Crabb
MAME 0.235

What’s in store with MAME 0.235? First of all, the lost unencrypted version of Rafflesia has resurfaced, ending a long saga! A genuine copy of Bubble Buster, an early North American version of Puzzle Bobble, has been found, and a prototype of Tecfri’s Sauro known as Sea Wolf has been dumped. This release includes an update to BGFX and fixes for the long-standing issues with YUV decoding, so LaserDisc games can be played with BGFX shaders.

Konami Viper emulation now has sound support thanks to Windy Fairy, and a big batch of unlicensed multi-game cartridges for NES/Famicom are now playable. As usual, the Apple II, FM Towns and PC-98 software lists have been updated with the latest dumps.

You can find out about all the updates in the whatsnew.txt file, or get the source and 64-bit Windows binary packages from the download page.

Read the rest of this entry »
Liked Replies
#119628 Aug 29th a 09:41 AM
by Just Desserts
Just Desserts
Can all of you with an axe to grind over social media please shut the fuck up and get the fuck back on-topic, which is MAME, please? Go confer with the rest of the nutters via carrier pigeon or some shit and let the people who enjoy things continue to enjoy them.
4 members like this
#119623 Aug 28th a 06:35 PM
by Stiletto
Stiletto
Originally Posted by MrBogi
Maybe Stilletto needs to start changing the last line to this:
I personally hate social media for what it has done to the world and the cesspool it is, but you don't see me whining about it all over the place (present post excluded). Because seriously, no one cares that "I" (or you) don't like it. And the more your rag on it the more you're going to get flamed.

Truthfully I don't much care for it either - but I can at least acknowledge that it's become a necessary evil over the years. If you as a business or organization aren't present there, then you are gonna miss some key part of your target audience. Especially in tech/gaming fields. I mean, where else am I gonna drop a Polybius joke that someone might get? laugh

Not just MAME but several other hobbies put pressure on me to learn the ins and outs of social media in order to represent them there - because otherwise no one was gonna do it, see above sentence for why that's a bad idea in general. Anyhow, I am no expert but I do okay.

Anyhow, this is all a bit off-topic.
2 members like this
#119621 Aug 28th a 09:52 AM
by Just Desserts
Just Desserts
Originally Posted by =CO=Windler
Sorry, but I detest the mindedness of the big social media companies (data vampires spreading personalized hate brainwash for moneymaking - websearch "Cambridge Analytica") and hence will never become member there.

Nobody gives a fuck.
2 members like this
#119618 Aug 27th a 06:16 PM
by Stiletto
Stiletto
Official MAME 0.235 Twitter and Facebook links!

https://www.facebook.com/mamedev.org/posts/2919237854992535

https://twitter.com/mamedev_org/status/1431319260807278597

If you can support MAME on social media, please show our social media posts some love with Likes/Loves/Retweets/Shares/etc.! smile
1 member likes this
#119622 Aug 28th a 03:15 PM
by MrBogi
MrBogi
Maybe Stilletto needs to start changing the last line to this:

If you can support MAME on social media, please show our social media posts some love with Likes/Loves/Retweets/Shares/etc, if not STFU!

wink

I personally hate social media for what it has done to the world and the cesspool it is, but you don't see me whining about it all over the place (present post excluded). Because seriously, no one cares that "I" (or you) don't like it. And the more your rag on it the more you're going to get flamed.
1 member likes this
#119633 Aug 30th a 05:56 AM
by robcfg
robcfg
Thing is, all this has nothing to do with this thread, maybe you should open a new one to discuss it.

This one is about MAME 0.235 and nothing else.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 25 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,131
Posts119,645
Members5,029
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com