With the 25-year anniversary of MAME 0.1 coming up, I'd like to put out a call for amusing, interesting, or otherwise cool images and videos over the past 25 years of MAME's history.
I unfortunately haven't done that great of a job of archiving things, so I know there's a ton of stuff out there that I don't have.
The question might come up, "What's 'amusing', 'interesting', or 'cool'?" And that's entirely up to you. If you find it amusing, interesting, or cool, link it.
But for some examples, as well as videos/images that I'm looking for:
- I recall that Ariane "SailorSat" Fugmann posted videos of her getting networked Model 1 emulation up and running, up to and including footage of a 9-way (8-player + announcer) LAN party for the birthday party of one of her kids. The kids' faces will be blurred for privacy, of course.
- I know that early MAME could run on certain digital cameras. Did anyone ever record any footage of it doing so?
- I know that both an old version, and a new-ish version, of MAME have been hooked up to laser vector generators. Can anyone track down footage of either?
- Any public talks that devs have given about MAME over the years.
- Any OverClocked comics pertaining to MAME.
- Any other webcomics that mention MAME.
- Any videos from early versions of MAME that can help to show how much a given game has visibly improved over the years (i.e., so I can do a side-by-side comparison in the eventual video).
Cheers, and thanks.