Thread Like Summary
Mr. Grynch
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Mr. Grynch
Mr. Grynch
Hi! Let me preface this by saying I am only working with retro arcade machines.. no consoles, or anything like that.

I have three screens and I am trying to get the main game field on my primary display, marquee to display2 and game controls on screen 3. I ran mame -verbose to get my screen identifiers and set my -numscreens to 3. I set my OSD Per-window video settings in mamne.ini to tell it where to display each screen. This created a problem. When I launch MAME, the main menu flashes briefly on the primary display and then goes black. I can't get it back and have to ESC out. Any idea how I can get MAME to show up on my primary display?

Assuming this is solvable, how do I go about configuring MAME to display marquee and game controls on separate screens? I really appreciate any help!
Liked Replies
#120677 Apr 1st a 06:49 PM
by Golden Child
Golden Child
If you have multiple screens active, you should be able to go into the video options menu and select which layout or view you want for the given screen.
1 member likes this
#120680 Apr 1st a 06:57 PM
by Golden Child
Golden Child
You could try the orientation child element inside the specific screen, possibly.

from https://docs.mamedev.org/techspecs/layout_files.html

Screens (screen elements), layout elements (element elements) and groups (group elements) may have their orientation altered using an orientation child element. For screens, the orientation modifiers are applied in addition to the orientation modifiers specified on the screen device and on the machine. The orientation element supports the following attributes, all of which are optional:
1 member likes this
#120686 Apr 2nd a 12:02 PM
by Vas Crabb
Vas Crabb
You completely removed the <screen> element from your controls image, right? MAME shouldn’t be showing a screen in a view that has no <screen> elements in it.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
2 members (Pernod, 1 invisible), 21 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,086
Posts119,088
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com