Thread Like Summary
Folly
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Folly
Folly
For starters, this is my project :
https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic...enerator-for-lr-mess-and-mame-standalone
Basically, it will install mame systems, non-arcade or arcade by extracting data from mame and using my own catagorised database.
The catagorised database is build upon the info found on progettosnaps.net.
This means that it's possible to create roms directories especially for catagories like shooter or puzzle.
Upright cabinets can also be installed.
With the upright cabinets there are games/systems that use 3:4 screen orientation.
Games like galaga and mspacman.
For these games I added a 90 degree option.
So when a game is executed from a roms-directory that contains 90º it will rotate the game.

Not all upright cabinet games use 3:4 display.
So here is the question :
Where can I find if systems use 3:4 display.

With that information I want to make a list of all systems that are displaying in 3:4 and eventually add this to my database.
With that information we than know which games belong in the "upright90º" roms-directory.

Does somebody has the answer ?
Liked Replies
by R. Belmont
R. Belmont
I think the screen rotation info is in the -listxml data.
1 member likes this
by Heihachi_73
Heihachi_73
Regarding RetroPie, it's not like there's a choice when there is no official ARM-based version of MAME offered. At least the OP is actually using a recent version (I see references to 0.237 on the GitHub page) instead of hacked up emulation code that is twenty years out of date.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
2 members (Alegend45, 1 invisible), 23 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,100
Posts119,237
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com