Thread Like Summary
Revenant
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Revenant
Revenant
Earlier today I dumped a used GBC GameShark Pro and started working out some basics about its custom mapper. By coincidence, right after that it looks like the GB cart system just got overhauled, so I'm trying to figure out how I should go about adding a new cart type that can have a second cart attached to it.

My initial instinct would be to override device_start for the new cart class and then install a view over 0x0000-7fff at startup time (rather than at load time) to make sure that the view is installed after the other cartridge installs its normal read/write handlers, but I'm not sure if that's totally correct/necessary. Is there a generally recommended way to do this sort of thing?
Liked Replies
by Vas Crabb
Vas Crabb
There’s a machine configuration option for the Game Boy to patch out the header check that should get it to boot at least. It only works with the regular Game Boy with the default BIOS, but it should be enough to get started with.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
2 members (Vas Crabb, Olivier Galibert), 22 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,131
Posts119,647
Members5,029
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com