Home Page
Posted By: Bletch BletchMAME 2.2 - 10/03/20 07:37 PM
New feature - support for cheats

[Linked Image from bletchmame.org]
Posted By: belegdol Re: BletchMAME 2.2 - 10/04/20 04:11 PM
2.2 builds and runs on Fedora 32. To compile I had to install expat-static, zlib-static and qt5-linguist.
Posted By: Monotremata Re: BletchMAME 2.2 - 10/04/20 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by belegdol
2.2 builds and runs on Fedora 32. To compile I had to install expat-static, zlib-static and qt5-linguist.

Does this mean it now works in *nix like macOS?? It isn't relying on the "--attach-window" thingy that was Windows only anymore? I havent installed any dev stuff yet because Im running the Big Sur betas but Ill give it a shot if it runs now..
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: BletchMAME 2.2 - 10/04/20 06:50 PM
--attach-window was fixed for non-Windows a while ago. MAME itself compiles and runs on Big Sur fine with Xcode 12 with the caveat that Metal rendering broke so you have to -video opengl. I'm not sure yet if it's SDL or BGFX's fault.
Posted By: mahlemiut Re: BletchMAME 2.2 - 10/04/20 09:00 PM
I can compile BletchMAME fine on Arch Linux, but MAME crashes out after initialisation.
Code
$ ./BletchMAME
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'bool'
Aborted (core dumped)
Posted By: Bletch Re: BletchMAME 2.2 - 10/05/20 11:17 AM
--attach-window working on non-Windows platforms is news to me. I accepted a change to BletchMAME to omit passing to --attach-window outside of Windows, and presumably it should be readded.

More generally, I lack a good development environment for non-Windows systems (no way my kids will let me borrow their MacBooks for my "nerd stuff" :-)), and I'm going to be reliant on contributions here to make BletchMAME for non-WIndows systems a reality. (That said, I did get a subset of BletchMAME's acceptance tests to run on Linux as a part of its CI/CD pipeline)
Posted By: mizapf Re: BletchMAME 2.2 - 10/05/20 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by mahlemiut
I can compile BletchMAME fine on Arch Linux, but MAME crashes out after initialisation.
Code
$ ./BletchMAME
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'bool'
Aborted (core dumped)

Same on openSUSE Tumbleweed.
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: BletchMAME 2.2 - 10/05/20 05:57 PM
I meant --attach-window was fixed as in not used. It can't work on non-Windows, and it may not work for much longer on Windows.
Posted By: Bletch Re: BletchMAME 2.2 - 10/05/20 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by R. Belmont
...and it may not work for much longer on Windows.

!!!

You're scaring me
Posted By: Monotremata Re: BletchMAME 2.2 - 10/08/20 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by R. Belmont
--attach-window was fixed for non-Windows a while ago. MAME itself compiles and runs on Big Sur fine with Xcode 12 with the caveat that Metal rendering broke so you have to -video opengl. I'm not sure yet if it's SDL or BGFX's fault.

Ahh, that shows how out of it I am, I didn't even know it was using Metal nowadays! I haven't built my own in so long, Ive just been using NegaMAME for awhile now since I use Negatron as my front end. If I use good old vanilla I just grab it from lngn.net. Im guessing the reason it hasn't crashed on me is because Negatron is set to openGL in the prefs..
© Forums