Home Page
Posted By: alexb3d QMC2 in Flatpak - 02/08/19 02:37 AM
Hi.
Could you offer QMC2 in Flatpak?
It would be a great alternative for the Linux platform.
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: QMC2 in Flatpak - 02/08/19 12:18 PM
QMC2 is not currently maintained and does not work with current MAME, so packaging discussions are unnecessary until we find out if it's going to be maintained again.
Posted By: alexb3d Re: QMC2 in Flatpak - 02/08/19 05:38 PM
Can not be.
Will the only frontend for linux be lost?
frown
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: QMC2 in Flatpak - 02/08/19 06:41 PM
One-author projects often have that problem. I'm hoping someone will fork and resume maintenance on it, but nobody's stepped up yet.
Posted By: Monotremata Re: QMC2 in Flatpak - 02/09/19 06:48 PM
You can always try out Negatron. I was a religious QMC2 user until it was 'abandoned'. Its java based as opposed to QT, but its also cross platform and is as easy, if not easier to setup than QMC2.
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: QMC2 in Flatpak - 02/09/19 06:54 PM
Negatron requires a modified MAME though, which I consider to be a non-starter.
Posted By: alexb3d Re: QMC2 in Flatpak - 02/10/19 07:55 AM
Modified MAME and Oracle Java. I use GNU/Linux and I try to avoid it, but, I am reviewing it but I have not been able to execute it in Ubuntu 18.04.
Anyway, the ROM manager of QMC2 is essential.
Posted By: Monotremata Re: QMC2 in Flatpak - 02/12/19 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by R. Belmont
Negatron requires a modified MAME though, which I consider to be a non-starter.

Actually, I completely forgot about that haha. Im still fuzzy on that whole thing to be honest.. When he first came out with NegaMAME I used it, but out of laziness/forgetfullness I'm back to using my own MAME again with it. I know he modded something to make the software lists work properly(???), but I do all my console gaming on Mr Bannisters emus or OpenEMU (using this til he does his new rewrites), so I have no clue beyond that. Anything I do with MAME is the MAME side of it so it works with the regular old vanilla build. I just try to break it for him when he needs me to and report back. laugh
© Forums