Home Page

Hello to all!

I am newbie here, also my english insīt good. I searched for Modeler emulator source code, but I canīt find it; I assume that this source code was never released.

The thing is pretty simple, I study the performance of various emulators running "Outrunners", and Modeler 093 is the only emulator where Outrunners can be played in a P2-233Mhz; because this great performance I want to port it to GP2X (also Modeler uses SDL for 2D use, and GP2X has a good SDL port).

Thanks guys, I await a response.
RB, may I also have a pony?
Heh. I don't have a working source tree for Modeler at the moment - I was trying to backport all the V60 fixes from MAME and got sidetracked. The idea of Model 1 with OpenGL polygons does still appeal to me though :-)
You're telling me, that would be awesome.

I'd like to see if OpenGL polygon rendering can be hacked onto an Atari ADSP/ADSP-II/DS-III/DS-IV emulator at some point, but it's beyond my coding skills. If someone wants to make my year, that's a good project. I think Aaron told me once it can't be done, though.

Same goes for I, Robot too. smile
AFAIK the STUN Runner type games do software rendering on the TMS34010 so that would be pretty difficult to make them draw in hardware.
Want me to go digging through my files to see if I have it?
It's nowhere near a priority, so don't dig too hard.
I appear to only have the hacked up Mac version. Sorry.
I am not interested in Model 1 emulator, I donīt want to draw polygon games into a GP2X screen.

I am interested in Modeler 0.93 emulator (yes, the emulator of 2001 year), to play these games: "Outrunners" and probably "Golden Axe:Revenge of Death Adder" in a GP2X handheld system, using the existing SDL port.
Yes, we are aware of that. Doesn't mean we can't have our own ideas though smile If the Pandora ever shows up I think polygon games on it will be just fine, for instance.
Originally Posted By Richard Bannister
I appear to only have the hacked up Mac version. Sorry.

could the hacked up mac version be hacked to work on windows because im interested in working on model 1 emulation
Everything you need for Model 1 emulation is in MAME.
Originally Posted By R. Belmont

i'm well aware of model 1 emulation in mame i've been working on the code chek here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHOluHk2DME but I was thinking about making a standalone model 1 emulator like ElSemi's model 2 emulator.
Originally Posted By Superrayman3

i'm well aware of model 1 emulation in mame i've been working on the code chek here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHOluHk2DME but I was thinking about making a standalone model 1 emulator like ElSemi's model 2 emulator.

Like RB just said. All of the information you need to make a stand-alone Model 1 emulator is in MAME.
Well, there's basically zero in Modeler that would get you to a working Model 1 emulation. Even the 2D layers don't work properly.

And were you planning to submit those improvements?
Well, there's basically zero in Modeler that would get you to a working Model 1 emulation. Even the 2D layers don't work properly.

And were you planning to submit those improvements?

I am planing to submit those updates but whats stoping me is I need help making a working diff patch file
I want to take a moment to ask why is wingwar marked as not working in mame because the game is completly playable and is able to be completed so shouldn't wingwar be maked as working but with problems and going off topic for a moment I'd also like to ask why some games are marked as not working in mame without any description about why the game is marked under the not working status wingwar being the perfect example when you open wingwar in mame all you see is this game dosen't work it doesnt say the video emulation isn't 100% accurate, the sound emulation isn't 100% accurate, this game lacks sound nothing just this game doesn't work and i'd like to know why that is.
It's real simple. Marked as "not working" means the developer of the driver is not confident that you can play and complete the game without encountering major issues.

And this page explains how to create a diff for submission.
It's real simple. Marked as "not working" means the developer of the driver is not confident that you can play and complete the game without encountering major issues.

And this page explains how to create a diff for submission.

I tried that method to create a diff but every time I try to apply the patch to my unmoddified source code I get all kinds of erroes
What errors?
and which parameters did you use for diff & patch?
Originally Posted By etabeta78
and which parameters did you use for diff & patch?

I used these parameters diff -Nru C:\users\myname\desktop\mamenofix which has the unmodified source code C:\users\myname\desktop\mamefix which has the modified source code >model1.diff if that helps

note I used myname instead of my real name for privacy reasons
I have a question regarding star wars arcade what is stoping the music from playing if both music and sound effects are supported in mame?
Nobody wants to be prosecuted to the full extent of the jam.

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1

© Forums