Home Page

Delta

Posted By: R. Belmont

Delta - 08/20/05 11:12 PM

Here's a list of the new games in M1 0.7.5 (no, it's not out yet).

aceattac: Ace Attacker
arescue: Air Rescue
aquarush: Aqua Rush
arkarea: Ark Area
asurabld: Asura Blade
beastrzr: Beastorizer
bbbxing: Best Bout Boxing
bmaster: Blade Master
bldyror2: Bloody Roar 2
brvblade: Brave Blade
bullet: Bullet
cottonj: Cotton (Japan)
daytona2: Daytona USA 2
mdhorse: Derby Quiz My Dream Horse
desertbr: Desert Breaker
desertwr: Desert War
dirtdvls: Dirt Devils
ddux: Dynamite Dux
ehrgeiz: Ehrgeiz
f1superb: F1 Super Battle
fgtlayer: Fighting Layer
fpoint: Flash Point
gp500: GP500
godzilla: Godzilla
golgo13: Golgo 13
gratia: Gratia - Second Earth (92047-01 version)
gunforce: Gunforce
gunforc2: Gunforce 2
harley: Harley Davidson and L.A. Riders
hayaosi1: Hayaoshi Quiz Ouza Ketteisen
hook: Hook
47pie2: Idol Janshi Su-Chi-Pie 2 (v1.1)
inthunt: In The Hunt
karianx: Karian Cross
kof2002: King of Fighters 2002
lethalth: Lethal Thunder
logicpro: Logic Pro
akiss: Mahjong Angel Kiss
majtitl2: Major Title 2
matrim: Matrimelee
mslug4: Metal Slug 4
mrdrillr: Mr. Driller
mnight: Mutant Night
mysticri: Mystic Riders
ncv1: Namco Classics Vol 1
ncv2: Namco Classics Vol 2
kuniokun: Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun (parent renegade.zip)
nbbatman: Ninja Baseball Batman
outfxies: Outfoxies
p47aces: P-47 Aces
pacapp: Paca Paca Passion
passsht: Passing Shot
ptblank: Point Blank
pontoon: Pontoon
racingb: Racing Beat
rotd: Rage of Dragons
kirarast: Ryuusei Janshi Kirara Star
bass: Sega Bass Fishing
srally2: Sega Rally 2
sonicbom: Sonic Boom
soulclbr: Soul Calibur
swa: Star Wars Arcade (sound effects)
sjryuko: Sukeban Jansi Ryuko
suprleag: Super League
sws99: Super World Stadium '99
ssoldier: Superior Soldiers
fromanc2: Taisen Idol-Mahjong Final Romance 2
fromanc4: Taisen Mahjong FinalRomance 4
fromancr: Taisen Mahjong FinalRomance R
tekken2: Tekken 2 (TES3/VER.B)
tekken3: Tekken 3
tekkentt: Tekken Tag
wofj: Tenchi wo Kurau (parent dynwarj.zip)
tenkomor: Tenkomori Shooting
tetrisp: Tetris Plus
tp2m32: Tetris Plus 2 (MegaSystem 32 Version)
gametngk: The Game Paradise - Master of Shooting!
tnzsj: The New Zealand Story (Japan) (parent tnzs.zip)
timecrs2: Time Crisis 2
timescan: Time Scanner
topskatr: Top Skater
toryumon: Toryumon
tturfu: Tough Turf (US) (parent tturf.zip)
uccops: Undercover Cops
uccopsj: Undercover Cops (Japan) (parent uccops.zip)
vsnetscr: Vs. Net Soccer
wwallyj: Wally no Sagase!
wrestwar: Wrestle War
zeroteam: Zero Team
Posted By: belegdol

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 03:57 AM

Only sound effects for swa frown I remember you saing that due to quite small number of m1 users music will also make it. I guess you must have changed your mind.

[edit]
Or maybe you are just preventing rom begs as many sites distribute only mame romsets, which are missing the music.
Posted By: Slick Mandela

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 04:12 AM

Yay- KOF 2002, Tetris Plus, and Tekken 2-Tag Tournament! Awesome list!

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 04:17 AM

Also stcc will be working again.
Posted By: Sixtoe

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 04:23 AM

it was working before, you just had the wrong roms.
Posted By: Phil Bennett

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 05:47 AM

Smashing list. Especially looking forward to hearing Time Crisis 2 and GP500.

Just wondering, could Mach Breakers be accomodated by the Viva Nonno HLE driver? Here's hoping it provides more ravey goodness ? la Numan Athletics...

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 06:52 AM

Unfortunately GP500 has a "demo limiter" on it where you only get to hear 3 seconds of each song (similar to the infuriating test menu of System 12 games, which is probably why Soul Calibur isn't on Kohina). I'm not sure if this is an additional CPU bug or some sort of perverted protection yet, and without the actual game running it may be a while before we can tell.

Good idea on the NB1 games - there was nothing stopping them from working in the HLE driver. However, Mach Breakers seems to have no music, just hundreds and hundreds of voice clips and sound f/x frown
Posted By: Isamu

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 07:03 AM

excellent list Belmost....but can you tell me when we can expect Daytona USA 2 and Super GT to be emulated and fully playable?

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 07:07 AM

Man I love the "Butt Syndrome". I think it was worst on mame.net with the "you've cracked 2 thought-to-be-impossible encrypted CPUs, but Raiden II doesn't work yet so you suck". By comparison, "the next M1 looks great, but you don't control every waking action of Ville Linde from across the Atlantic" is minor but I'm still going to give a zing for it.

Scud Race/Super GT is emulated and fully playable right now in MAME (turn off MAME's frameskipping, the game has an internal frameskipper that makes it quite playable on high-end PCs, if a bit jerky).

Daytona 2 is heavily protected - the texture maps are encrypted and it may never be emulated.

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by R. Belmont:

Scud Race/Super GT is emulated and fully playable right now in MAME (turn off MAME's frameskipping, the game has an internal frameskipper that makes it quite playable on high-end PCs, if a bit jerky).
Holy **** you're kidding RIGHT? When did this happen??? I've been out of the mame/emu scene for a fe months now.

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 07:44 AM

Right around the beginning of 2005 IIRC.

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 08:02 AM

It's not working for me.

Getting a "This game isn't working properly" message. I got the scud.zip(Australia) and the scuda.zip(export)

I'm using mame plus 0.99u2. Is there a plug-in I need or perhaps add something like a XOR or something to the rom?

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 08:25 AM

Hmm. Turns out a change was made on the MESS side that makes Model 3 games crash right now, but it'll be fixed in u3.

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 08:35 AM

Quote:
Hmm. Turns out a change was made on the MESS side that makes Model 3 games crash right now, but it'll be fixed in u3.
Excellent laugh

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sixtoe:
it was working before, you just had the wrong roms.
Yeah, but I mean working again with mame romset. Btw, what's the situation with mpeg patents? Due to them, swa has only support for the sound effects. But there are other sega games using DSB sound board have support for music (scud race, sega touring car championship) in m1, I don't know the situation of mame. Is the music encoded using a different algorithm? Thanks for the information.
Posted By: RockmanRotties

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 07:56 PM

Hi.

I am very excited about those new games. But I am surprise that Jurassic Park and The Lost World aren't include. Is it something the reason why? Thank you.

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 07:58 PM

The situation is that they'll start expiring in 2006/2007 and after that we'll look at allowing MPEG in MAME.

The other situation is that you really need to shut up. M1 cannot be considered to have a low profile if you keep spouting off and creating nice Google targets for Lucasfilm Legal. It would be the ultimate irony if I had to remove the game because I omitted it from the list.

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 08:01 PM

Rockman: that would be because Jurassic Park (and the JP pinball machine) were both supported in 0.7.4 over a year ago.

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 08:12 PM

Yeah but aren't they fully playable and no errors ? I am not sure because I haven't played them yet since a year ago. Heh.

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 08:17 PM

Ok, I think you're misunderstanding something. M1 is a sound emulator. It plays only sound effects and music from games. You cannot play the games.

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 08:20 PM

Ohhhhh! I understand now, heh. Ok! Thanks.

Re: Delta - 08/21/05 08:33 PM

Quote:
The other situation is that you really need to shut up. M1 cannot be considered to have a low profile if you keep spouting off and creating nice Google targets for Lucasfilm Legal. It would be the ultimate irony if I had to remove the game because I omitted it from the list.
Okay, I'm shutting up.
Posted By: Mr. Do

Re: Delta - 08/22/05 12:22 AM

Shweeeet! Always look forward to a new M1. And I'll actually have my M1 page done by the end of the month. Promise =) (I'm on vacation then, so I'll have time finally).
Posted By: Tetrafish

Re: Delta - 08/22/05 12:53 AM

I guess the sufficient answer is no. I'm okay with that. No explanation is owed to me. No expectation is owned by me. Eggshells are murder on the feet. *deletes bookmark* Better to leave than be a bother.

But keep up the good work. Again, sorry.
Posted By: IceMan

Re: Delta - 08/22/05 01:08 AM

Quote:
That's great news, I'd noticed a lot of the Model 3 games exited to the desktop straight away in recent MAME builds but was afraid to mention it lest I got flamed!

Re: Delta - 08/22/05 01:35 AM

Tom: the sound CPU in Gladiator cannot be independantly emulated - that game has a f****d up architecture beyond anything I've seen before, with 4 MCUs for protection and 3 main processors.

Re: Delta - 08/22/05 08:23 AM

BTW, 0.7.5 is ready now on x86. We're trying to sort out some problems on the Mac - I upgraded the ADSP21xx and YMF271 cores vs. 0.7.4 and both new cores are problematic on the Mac. If we don't get that sorted in the next day or so I'll release the x86 and x86-64 versions anyway and we'll see what we can do about the Mac.
Posted By: Borisz

Re: Delta - 08/22/05 10:30 PM

Quick question - will it be possible to add the STV games, and if not, what will be the cause? The crazy multi-cpu system of it perhaps, or something else (sound not being properly emulated yet for example)?

can't wait for the new M1 tho, finally the new Neogeo games are added. Metal Slug 4 has pretty slick music even though its from Toshikazu Tanaka.

Re: Delta - 08/22/05 11:52 PM

ST-V downloads the sound data at runtime so the offsets would have to be worked out per game. And that's assuming they don't compress it.
Posted By: Borisz

Re: Delta - 08/23/05 02:15 AM

I guess that's expected from a system that originally started as a console.

I suppose the other similar Megadrive based arcade systems have the same issue too (if not even more problematic).

Re: Delta - 08/23/05 02:28 AM

Yeah, it's similar. On the Megadrive there's less data, but it's also more likely they compressed it on the cart so it remains problematic.
Posted By: Fujix_

Re: Delta - 08/23/05 07:04 PM

BridgeM1 and lists updated! pheeeew
It was a super busy day because mame 099u3 was released too.
I've been translating and updating many things wink got tired

BTW,
* Asterix: games other than asterix are too high tone.
* M1_OPT_RESETNORMALIZE setting is inverted.
* dynwarj (dwj) is missing.

Re: Delta - 08/23/05 09:55 PM

I was afraid of that. Bannister emailed me the change that reversed RESETNORMALIZE and I just kinda added it without thinking :shiver:

I've added dynwarj and I'll check the pitch on the Asterix driver.

Re: Delta - 08/23/05 10:50 PM

I've fixed the games other than Asterix (I made a clone driver at the proper pitch called "Sunset Riders") and corrected the parentage of dynwarj.

Please note other minor bugs now, I'll post a fix version tonight. Right now I'm running a MAMEDiff on it and fixing any deviations (most of them are just ROM renames).

Re: Delta - 08/23/05 11:26 PM

I tried to get raiden fighters working this morning but the rdft.nv file produced by mame doesnt match the CRC of the required file...

Re: Delta - 08/23/05 11:44 PM

What was your CRC, for reference? And did you use 0.99u3?

Re: Delta - 08/23/05 11:44 PM

Please check Space Harrier sound proportion, I have adjusted it in MAME.

As for the M1_OPT_RESETNORMALIZE problem, my front end covers up it.

Re: Delta - 08/23/05 11:57 PM

Some year corrections:

raiden2: 1994 -> 1993
megaman: 1994 -> 1995
spf2t: 1993 -> 1996
cotton, cottonj: 1988 -> 1991

Re: Delta - 08/24/05 12:02 AM

I'm at work so I cant check, but it was wildly diffent to yours, and yes I used 0.99u3.

Also, GP500 needs renaming to 500GP, that's my fault I feel, I have it down as GP500 on System 16 (it's what the championship is actually calle so I never double checked)

Probably needs fixing in MAME as well, oops, feeling sheepish now smile
Fujix pointed this out to be last night.

Re: Delta - 08/24/05 12:31 AM

For real fun with the new version, compare uccops with uccopsj. It's like for the world version the composer just wasn't finished or something smile

The finished (j) version is easily one of Irem's top 5 soundtracks. Just fantastic.

Re: Delta - 08/24/05 01:08 AM

Aye, afaik the world version doesnt actually use the Irem G20 sound chip at all, it just uses the YM2151 for everything...

It's weird as they Japanese and World boards are identical, if you get a world board and drop the Japanese roms in it, it uses the G20 and works fine, bizarre...
Posted By: Stefan Lindberg

Re: Delta - 08/24/05 01:51 AM

It's not only the music that is better on the japanese UCC, the whole game has differences.. for example the girl character do not headbutt the enemies in the world version.
Looking at maws you can see that all roms are differnt compared the the world one: Maws UCC
Most of the time the region change is only in a couple of program roms, but not for UCC.

Maybe IREM wanted the world version out fast on the market becuase there was some movie or something that was similar to UCC and making it popular? :-)
© 2020 Forums