Home Page
Posted By: R. Belmont 0.7.6 - 08/24/05 08:29 AM
...is available here . This is a minor bugfix release (I did add two more Seibu shmups courtesy of Ville Linde) and contrary to the scary warning Bridge 0.5.5 gives you it does work with this version, although I imagine Fujix will have a new version as soon as he can.

Extended note: the SPI games won't audit properly in Bridge 0.5.5. Basically Bridge and any other utilities working with M1 need to treat a CRC of 0 as "ignore the CRC, just check the name".

PPS: mameworld.info's a bit unstable lately (I really don't think it's the mass of people downloading M1 even though I'd like to) so try again later if you can't get through.
Posted By: Fujix_ Re: 0.7.6 - 08/24/05 11:43 AM
Thank you for updating. I'm updating Bridge.

One thing I noticed is that the PSG volume in YM2203 (#0.0 to #0.3) is still very high in sharrier. :shiver:

[Update] Probably the same setting in hangon.
OST is http://mame.page.ne.jp/hangon_ost.zip

[Update 2] Yet year fixes.
matrim: 2003 -> 2002
ridgerac: 1995 -> 1993

[Update 3] Some games in Irem M72/81/83/97/99 are clipped.
Especially in riskchal, quizf1, rtype2, dbreed.
And blswhstl is clipped too. I removed fixed_volume setting from Sunset Riders hard games.

[Update 4] baraduke hardware games.
Frequency change isn't synchronized with the start of a tone. They sound like portament.
drgnbstr #02 and #04, pacland #01 etc.

[Update 5] Wrong manufacturer
aceattac: Jaleco -> Sega

[Update 6] Voice and SFX are broken in shdancer
Posted By: belegdol Re: 0.7.6 - 08/24/05 12:21 PM
Hmm, I still can't make alsa work:
Quote:
[jsikorski@DOMOWY m1-0.7.6]$ ./m1 -s1 tgmj

M1: arcade video and pinball sound emu by R. Belmont
Core ver 0.7.6, CUI ver 2.3
Copyright (c) 2001-2005. All Rights Reserved.

Reading configuration from m1.ini
And then m1 stops.
Posted By: Fujix_ Re: 0.7.6 - 08/24/05 03:00 PM
Bridge has been updated supporting CRC 0 files.
And deleted nasty core version checking.
Posted By: hanafubuki Re: 0.7.6 - 08/24/05 04:37 PM
These relations of parents and clones are not set.
So I can't use merged MAME rom sets.

bublbobl - missb2
cotton - cottonj
gt3d - gt3dv18
tetrisp2 - tp2m32

And separate roms of spi are not recognized.

E:\ROM\MAME\rdft.zip (gd_*.*)
E:\ROM\M1\rdft.zip (rdft.nv)

[ROMPATH]
E:\ROM\MAME\
E:\ROM\M1\

m1 rdft

M1: arcade video and pinball sound emu by R. Belmont
Core ver 0.7.6, CUI ver 2.3
Copyright (c) 2001-2005. All Rights Reserved.

Reading configuration from m1.ini

Switching to game Raiden Fighters
Game selected: Raiden Fighters (Seibu, 1995)
open zip E:\ROM\MAME\/rdft.zip
Could not find file rdft.nv in zip E:\ROM\MAME\/rdft.zip

ERROR: unable to load ROM rdft.nv
ROM load error, bailing
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: 0.7.6 - 08/24/05 06:34 PM
Does some emulator actually support splitting a single set across multiple same-name zips like that?

Beleg: is your alsa-lib 1.0.6? Beyond that I don't know - that's pretty much why I didn't support ALSA previously. There's *way* more that can go wrong with it :-)
Posted By: Sixtoe Re: 0.7.6 - 08/24/05 07:49 PM
RB : No.

Hana : Either
A: Make sure E:\ROM\M1 is in listed first (the first dir listed will be parsed first) and just have a zip with the sound roms and rdft.nv in there, this is what I've done.

or

B: copy rdft.nv into your mame/roms zip

Easy.
Posted By: belegdol Re: 0.7.6 - 08/24/05 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by R. Belmont:
Beleg: is your alsa-lib 1.0.6? Beyond that I don't know - that's pretty much why I didn't support ALSA previously. There's *way* more that can go wrong with it :-)
My alsa is 1.0.9rf, the one from Fedora Core 4. Guess I'll have to stick to OSS for now.
Posted By: smf Re: 0.7.6 - 08/24/05 09:51 PM
Quote:
Does some emulator actually support splitting a single set across multiple same-name zips like that?
I thought MAME did actually.

smf
Posted By: Sixtoe Re: 0.7.6 - 08/24/05 10:01 PM
To be honest I've never even tried...

But then I suppose it looks for CHD's in the CHD directory and the roms for them are in the rom dir...

So yeah, it may well do *shrug*
Posted By: Bubblun_Z Re: 0.7.6 - 08/25/05 12:46 AM
I just noticed:

- Taisen Mahjong Final Romance 4 says 1985. It's 1998.

Well, that's all for now...
Posted By: Slick Mandela Re: 0.7.6 - 08/25/05 08:08 AM
Yay! The Mac version was just released, for those that don't know. And it's great- everything is up-to-date with one of the newest MAMEs. I didn't get any errors in playing any games, which was great.

A few Mac bugs to point out, though, and I'm not sure how quickly they'll get fixed, since Bannister is on vacation... sigh... but here they are:
-Whenever you start M1, the games play music fine. But after a few games, the sound either does two things: It crackles incessantly, or certain games (especially Capcom games) get extremely quiet. Sometimes, game music won't play at all. The first time I tried the new version and went through a few songs first, the SNK games played silence. The only way to make these problems go away is to quit M1 and start it back up.
-Tetris Plus is still extremely preliminary, but you probably already knew that. Pretty much every track except for the first one crackles so much that you can't hear the tunes.

Regardless of these flaws, 0.7.6 for Mac is excellent and it actually seems a bit faster than before! And it's nice that the annoying bug where specific games would cause a Mac SIOUX window to pop up when selected (i.e. Toobin' and Vindicators) is long gone.

Thanks, R.B. and R.B. and everyone else who contributed to this! laugh
Posted By: Richard Bannister Re: 0.7.6 - 08/25/05 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Speedy Boris:
Tetris Plus is still extremely preliminary, but you probably already knew that. Pretty much every track except for the first one crackles so much that you can't hear the tunes.
Yup - I meant to say that in the documentation, but in brief, neither Belmont or myself has been able to find the endian bug in the YMF271 code yet, and rather than delay the release indefinitely I decided to put it out anyway, since there are on balance fewer bugs in this version than in the last one!
Posted By: Fujix_ Re: 0.7.6 - 08/25/05 02:54 PM
Bandwidth of my server heavily exceeded! :shiver:
Transfer limitation is 1GB/day on my server, and it was 1.8+GB yesterday..
My server already limits file transfer and no images are displayed now.

I have moved files and images to my old server temporarily and only my home page looks normal.

I think it'll calm in a few days.
Posted By: Slick Mandela Re: 0.7.6 - 08/25/05 08:32 PM
And I'm glad you DID release the port now instead of waiting, R.B. smile This newest M1 was probably my most anticipated release of 2005. Maybe even more than Tiger.... almost. :p

BTW, another thing I noticed: Cruis'n USA seems to be missing a radio song. It starts out like an Elvis number, sorta.
Posted By: Knurek Re: 0.7.6 - 08/26/05 04:36 PM
Any chances of adding the following missing games,all are emulated in MAME as of now:

NeoGeo:
Ghostlop
Jockey Grand Prix
Zintrick - no music there as far as I know, but there are SFX.

Seibu SPI:

Raiden Fighters 2 - No, it's still not in the gamelist, at least on the Windows build
Battle Balls/Senkyu
E-Jan High School

CPS2:

Progear

And any chances of adding these drivers:

simpl156 games (Magical Drop, Osman, etc).

psikyo4 and psikyosh games (Gunbird 2!).

ssv games (Vasara has kinda nice music)

other suprnova games (currently only Cyvern and Sengeki Striker are supported)
Posted By: Sixtoe Re: 0.7.6 - 08/26/05 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Knurek:
And any chances of adding these drivers:

simpl156 games (Magical Drop, Osman, etc).

psikyo4 and psikyosh games (Gunbird 2!).

ssv games (Vasara has kinda nice music)

other suprnova games (currently only Cyvern and Sengeki Striker are supported)
For drivers to be added to M1 they need to have a seperate sound CPU, none of these systems have that, they all use one all powerful cpu to drive everything.

Cyvern and Sengeki Striker are supported at a HLE level (black box emulation) but doing this for all games on unsupported hardware would be impractical, requests will not be taken for these types of drivers.

The CPS2 and NeoGeo games shouldnt be a problem to aadd but the SPI games need some special loving to get going, so this may happen eventually...
Posted By: Slick Mandela Re: 0.7.6 - 08/26/05 07:55 PM
What about Toki? I heard that was going to be added a while back. Did that not have a separate sound CPU or something?
Posted By: Knurek Re: 0.7.6 - 08/27/05 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sixtoe:
For drivers to be added to M1 they need to have a seperate sound CPU, none of these systems have that, they all use one all powerful cpu to drive everything.
Right, forgot about that. Sorry. wink
At least I can hope for Progear.
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: 0.7.6 - 08/27/05 03:40 AM
suprnova games with a full sound test menu which allows access to all the music tracks can be added relatively easily to M1.

If you'd been around when I was collecting errata for 0.7.5 you'd have Progear already. Since you weren't you'll have to wait for whenever I next do a release ;-)

Any games which were mentioned and acked by me between 0.7.4 and now that don't yet exist in M1 probably were attempted at be added and couldn't be made to work. IIRC this definitely includes Toki.
Posted By: Knurek Re: 0.7.6 - 08/27/05 04:20 AM
Quote:
If you'd been around when I was collecting errata for 0.7.5 you'd have Progear already. Since you weren't you'll have to wait for whenever I next do a release ;-)
Oh well, I'll have to manage somehow in the meantime. I can always listen to the OST.
Let's just hope it won't take another n years.
Posted By: ShengLong Re: 0.7.6 - 08/30/05 06:15 PM
Thanks for the amazing work. System 12 games sound very well. You have forgotten add "Libero Grande" and Fighting Layer date is 1998, not 1995.

Virtua Striker 2 version 99 still fails. You hear always the same tune whatever track you choose.

Keep surprising us with your work.
Posted By: RetroLover Re: 0.7.6 - 08/31/05 03:52 PM
First of all many thanks to Richter for the new M1 build and also for Fuji for his new BridgeM1 build.

I have noticed the following things:

1) Would it be possible to add Final Lap R (as Speed Racer is also supported) and add a Namco System FL driver entry, if that makes sense?

2) What about a new entry for Namco Super System 22 games for

Air Combat 22
Alpine Racer
Cyber Cycles
Prop Cycle
Time Crisis

instead of Viva Nonno HLE Driver? M37710 for SS22 is supported in MAME, so maybe this is also possible in M1? Would reduce the number of games running with simulated code wink

3) Would changing 500GP and Time Crisis 2 into a Namco System 23 category make sense?

4) Jaleco Mega System32 games are listed in System32 (Sega)? Is that with intention?

5) Namco System12 games are listed under Namco System1 games? Is that with intention?

6) Namco System21 games are listed under Namco System2 games? Is that with intention?

At least so they all appear in BridgeM1.

Best wishes for the upcoming next version, whenever it gets released.

Kind Regards,
RetroLover
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: 0.7.6 - 09/01/05 11:52 AM
RL: M1 is not intended as a comprehensive hardware reference. The driver type listed for each game is exactly what M1 uses to run the game's audio, no more and no less. I will not add phony driver types just to make the game list match System16/MAWS/whatever.

As far as Super System 22, the HLE currently sounds better than the real emulation so I chose to keep using it for those games at this time.
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: 0.7.6 - 09/02/05 12:08 AM
Ok, thanks for all the great bug reports on here. I've fixed the following items now:

* Fixed years on Ridge Racer series, Matrimelee, and Final Romance 4
* Fixed manufacturer on Ace Attacker
* Fixed clipping on blswhstl
* Fixed ROM loading in shdancer (crashed in Linux, bad playback on Windows)
* Fixed parent/clone relationships for missb2, cottonj, gt3dv18, and tp2m32
* Added Final Lap R, Ghost Lop, Jockey Grand Prix, V-Liner, Dimahoo, and Progear
* Fixed command format for vs2v991 (now can select all songs)

The Space Harrier/Hang On balance issues are still on the radar, as is the problem where normalization doesn't reset between games.

Fujix: I don't notice clipping in the Irem games you specify. Could you give exact song numbers and time offsets?
Posted By: Sixtoe Re: 0.7.6 - 09/02/05 12:19 AM
I actually thought Ace Attacker was by Jaelco, it was just on System 16 Hardware...

Not 100% though, I think I might have a flyer on S16 but I cant check from work, sucks to be me.
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: 0.7.6 - 09/02/05 01:21 AM
The Japanese flyer on System 16 only mentions Sega and only has a Sega logo.
Posted By: Sixtoe Re: 0.7.6 - 09/02/05 01:33 AM
righty-ho

dont mind me smile
Posted By: Reznor007 Re: 0.7.6 - 09/02/05 07:43 AM
Would it be possible to add the other Williams pinball games like Addams Family and the other YM2151/CVSD boards, or the Capcom pins such as Breakshot? The Capcom games sound is very high quality, I'd say as good or better than DCS.

I'm guessing the reason some of the Sega/Stern pins using BSMT2000(South Park, X-files, Stern's Playboy, Rollercoaster Tycoon, etc) aren't in is that they are too new?

I may be getting at ROM reader soon, and I was wondering if you would accept non-video redemption games. If so I could dump most of the stuff work.
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: 0.7.6 - 09/02/05 08:09 AM
I'll accept anything with a known CPU and sound chip(s). I don't care if it's a crane game or whatever :-)
Posted By: MooglyGuy Re: 0.7.6 - 09/02/05 08:57 PM
"Hey, you know what my grandma say?" "What, Sanka?" "GET BACK TO WORK!!"
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: 0.7.6 - 09/03/05 01:31 AM
Beleg: try this.

(become root)

# chmod a+rwx /dev/snd/*

(back to normal user)

Then try ALSA again. 0.7.6 is missing an error message for the case where it doesn't have permissions to access the sound hardware. (It may still not work anyway due to other problems - 0.7.7 will have an improved ALSA driver).
© Forums