Home Page

Namco-a-thon ;)

Posted By: R. Belmont

Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/05/04 04:32 AM

Some of my System 12 progress in MAME is now posted on my WIP page . Newly playable in MAME are the ultra-cute Super World Stadium '99 and Golgo 13.
Posted By: alsa

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/05/04 06:48 PM

awesome good work arbee keep it

lets just says we can see if Tekken Tag will fully emulated soon(Soul Calibur too)
Posted By: clifford_m

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/05/04 07:56 PM

RB, i saw your post on mame.net. You have Soul calibur and Tekken with full MCU? Sound and all?

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/05/04 08:57 PM

Soul Calibur and Tekken Tag don't work any better than before[1] - their problems run much deeper than just the MCU simulation.

[1] For those just joining us, SC boots but has missing & corrupted graphics, and Tekken Tag doesn't boot at all.
Posted By: MooglyGuy

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/05/04 11:23 PM

Jesus, what is it with Soul Calibur and Tekken Tag Tournament? You can download Soul Calibur for the PS1 practically anytime off of usenet, and TTT costs what, $50 for the PS2 version? Less? Stop being warez kiddies and just buy the game.
Posted By: Heihachi_73

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/05/04 11:35 PM

Just like the MAME post, the PS2 version has nice graphics but will never be as good as the coin-op

Yesterday i got to play it (arcade) for the first time in around 2 years. Got first on time attack with one credit (03:12.xx Kazuya/Paul)

PS2 port is a bit harder (unless the diff. is set to hard), unfortunately the Survival/TA is always on crappy prac-er-medium difficulty

i need a life outside 1P tekken maybe :p

--
just wondering, did the arcade version have non-interlaced mode? (it looked like it did with the large scanlines)

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/06/04 12:05 AM

moogly, sounds like your the warez kiddie here, if you knew that it can be downloaded off usenet.

Dont own a PS1 or 2. Just excited about MAME progress. take a swim and cool off.

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/06/04 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clifford_m:
moogly, sounds like your the warez kiddie here, if you knew that it can be downloaded off usenet.
I don't know if you realize this or not, but that is one of the most hypocritical statements I've heard in a long time. "I want to play FR33 L33T 4RC4D3 G4mEZ!1!!!!!!1 but you're the warez kiddie for just knowing how to get pirated material!"

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/06/04 12:22 AM

yea, seeing that I dont even know what the usenet is.
Posted By: retroK

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/06/04 01:50 AM

MooglyGuy: Why are most of your posts so aggressive? You must be in a very bad mood...

Great work R.Belmont!
Posted By: carrotroot

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/06/04 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MooglyGuy:
Jesus, what is it with Soul Calibur and Tekken Tag Tournament? You can download Soul Calibur for the PS1 practically anytime off of usenet, and TTT costs what, $50 for the PS2 version? Less? Stop being warez kiddies and just buy the game.
Sheesh harsh words Moogly, not everyone is a warez kiddie, some of us actually buy games. I bought Soul Calibur for the Dreamcast, and I'm still looking foward to seeing this game emulated in Mame, because it's the only PSX-Based version that was ever made and was a great example of a game which pushed the ps1's hardware limits :shiver:

Anyways, now that Soul Calibur for the Dreamcast is emulated, I think that crowd is pretty much satisfied.

R.Belmont, nice shots of Golgo 13 wink
Posted By: Shogetsu

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/06/04 04:57 AM

Well... I understand both parts... and I'm specially with carrotroot... not all of us are at all warez kiddies... and sometimes there are people very curious which aren't experts at all on this... so it's normal at these cases to ask about a game when you know it runs on an near-complete emulated system and which is dumped... but you don't that it's protected :p , that's not always commented.

Just one more thing wink

Quote:
You can download Soul Calibur for the PS1
Soul Calibur wasn't ever ported to PS1, and the DC version is a lot different. Also this make me to think that it's worth to see it emulated.
Posted By: Jonathan Wilson

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/06/04 05:37 AM

Does this H8 work mean that Namco Classics Volume 2 is playable? Or is the problem with that game connected to the graphics chip?

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/06/04 05:59 AM

The 68000 based games currently don't get along with the H8, I'm not sure why.

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/06/04 09:58 AM

In the "freakout" department, Tekken3 now speaks "Good morning!" every time you boot it (regardless of what time it is). A bit scary the first time it happens :-) As long as it doesn't suddenly go "I'm sorry Arbee and smf, I'm afraid you can't do that" we're OK.
Posted By: mangamuscle

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/06/04 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by R. Belmont:
In the "freakout" department, Tekken3 now speaks "Good morning!" every time you boot it (regardless of what time it is). A bit scary the first time it happens :-) As long as it doesn't suddenly go "I'm sorry Arbee and smf, I'm afraid you can't do that" we're OK.
ja, ja smile I guess it is too late to play a joke on smf, sending him some alternate roms that say at startup " This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it ." :shiver:

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/06/04 11:24 AM

"Good morning, Dr. Belmont, this is SMF. I'm ready for my first lesson."

"Optimize the Playstation core, SMF."
"I'm sorry, RB, I can't do that."
Posted By: Reznor007

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/06/04 11:30 PM

Quote:
Hmm...maybe only certain revs of Tekken3 have that. The one at work doesn't say anything when it starts up.

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/07/04 12:02 AM

Maybe the battery for your clock is dead - it definitely didn't do that in the emulation before I got the RTC working. (Not all games do it either - the 2 Tekkens both say "Good morning", Mr. Driller plays a chime, and Soul Cali says "Welcome back to the stage of history", but the rest are silent).

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/07/04 03:16 AM

Well, unless there are 2 clocks, it works correctly. It keeps track of its on time, and play time and everything, but no bootup sound.

The rev we have is "TET3 ver E1" the one in MAME is TET1 E1.

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/07/04 04:03 AM

On time and play time aren't derived from the RTC. AFAIK the only way to show RTC time in the game is to boot with NVRAM invalid.
Posted By: BrianT

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/07/04 07:40 AM

Well when the Guru gets around to there are several clones he needs to dump and release:

Tekken TE2/Ver C
Dunk Maina DM2/Ver C
Tekken 3 TET3/Ver A

and a Soul Edge as well... I've asked but I don't think I motivate him much ;-)

Off Topic: Soon I'll send him Gallop Racer 3 to dump.

BrianT

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/07/04 09:33 AM

The Soul Edge is probably mine...it's a Soul Edge Ver II, rev SO3 ver C.

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/07/04 12:28 PM

Guru has some more important things to do at the moment. Clones can wait, especially since adding them tends to annoy smf.
Posted By: smf

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/07/04 01:19 PM

Quote:
Guru has some more important things to do at the moment. Clones can wait, especially since adding them tends to annoy smf.
Only if the person posts the output of sha1merger & claims the dump is good because it boots.

smf

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/07/04 02:55 PM

Quote:
Clones can wait, especially since adding them tends to annoy smf.
What doesn't? I'm genuinely curious.

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/08/04 09:25 AM

Quote:
On time and play time aren't derived from the RTC. AFAIK the only way to show RTC time in the game is to boot with NVRAM invalid.
OK...I played around with the Tekken3 today, and apparently it does play a sound at startup. However, the built in amp seems to take a while before it clicks on, so all you here is a faint "ng" sound, which I suspect is the end of the good morning sound.

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/08/04 09:36 AM

Ahh :-)

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/08/04 01:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Clones can wait, especially since adding them tends to annoy smf.
What doesn't? I'm genuinely curious. [/b]
People that don't rush around trying to get their name on things by only doing easy things that anyone could do, like a kid trying to lick all the cakes at a party.

smf
Posted By: carrotroot

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/20/04 11:13 AM

Hey R.Belmont nice update about the C7x trojan on your website smile I hope everything goes sucessfully :shiver:
Posted By: Heihachi_73

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/20/04 11:41 AM

Quote:
Off subject maybe, but the Tekken 2 (ver.A) that used to be at the bowling alley said Good Morning at startup (until someone destroyed the coin door), then the machine, along with Tekken 1, was removed forever (a Getaway pinball is now in its place)

Reminds me, it'd be funny hearing that old ZZ Top song in M1!
Posted By: belegdol

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/20/04 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by carrotroot:
Hey R.Belmont nice update about the C7x trojan on your website smile I hope everything goes sucessfully :shiver:
So do I. Then sound in ZiNc will be emulated properly withoul HLE.
Posted By: Sixtoe

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/20/04 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Heihachi_73:
(a Getaway pinball is now in its place)

Reminds me, it'd be funny hearing that old ZZ Top song in M1!
Its in M1 already, as far as I can remember...

Six...

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/20/04 09:39 PM

The System 11 hosted version of the trojan didn't pan out so I've written a new host that runs on Speed Racer and Final Lap R boards (should be more likely to work - I hijacked Namco's own memcpy() and print_to_screen() routines and of course it works fine on MAME).

There's no fun like hand-assembling programs for 2 processors though :-)
Posted By: niceperson

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/23/04 04:27 AM

hi how are you all sorry if i am not writeing right this is my first time writeing i wanted to ask that when is the zinc new verson coming beause
i need that in zinc game rom are working better then mame its very slow in mame i have pentiem 4 2.4 intel cellron msi motherboard 128 ddr ram i am thinking to put geforce 4 but tell me what spped will it give for tekken tag team virual fighter 3 and other fighting games so i can upgrade it rightly and lastly if you are saying that tekken tag team is not working then how is it in good rom dump as i seen in the website then what emulator were they worked on wich you got snaphot of ok plz dont mind if i said any thing wrong here just tell whats wrong and i will try to corrcet it ok thankyou very much for helping me in anyway send an email to niceperson_4_you@yahoo.com if you know anything ok i wil be waiting and ooh ya i have a 45kb modam so hope to get my reply soon bye

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/23/04 11:02 AM

The next version of Zinc will be out when it's ready. There's no point in asking when it will be out, because not even the developers know for sure. Also, what kind of processor do you have? A Pentium 4 or a Celeron? A 2.4GHz Pentium 4 will get somewhat close to full speed if you turn automatic frameskipping off. A 2.4GHz Celeron is not good for much of anything.
Posted By: stuckpixel

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/23/04 11:24 AM

He has a celeron, and 128 megs of ram. No idea what kind of video card.

niceguy.. next time, maybe read the rules before you start posting in forums.. they clearly state that release dates aren't to be talked about. I understand that you're anxious for the next release, but as most (read: all) emulator programmers are doing this for fun on their own time, they aren't on a real strict schedule, and there is no reason they should be.

Re: Namco-a-thon ;) - 07/23/04 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by niceperson:
and lastly if you are saying that tekken tag team is not working then how is it in good rom dump as i seen in the website then what emulator were they worked on wich you got snaphot of ok
It was taken from a development version of ZiNc by The Author. I don't know if we have a copy of the source for that & take another look at the screenshots.... None of them show in game graphics, only attract mode. Soul Calibur can produce some impressive screen shots in attract mode too, just not in game.

It doesn't sound like you're the type of person that is interested in watching attract mode.

smf
© 2020 Forums