Home Page
Posted By: R. Belmont Public beta (sorta) - 03/04/06 11:29 PM
Want to play System 11 games faster with sound enabled? Try this replacement s11player.dll. It replaces the HLE engine with real sound emulation similar to what will be built into ZiNc 1.2, and it should be faster (and better sounding, especially in stereo!) than current. It's not been heavily tested here and may be buggy itself, so save a copy of your original s11player.dll first.

Anyway, if you see a difference in framerate (positive or negative), please give your CPU speed , the game you were trying, and approximate "before" and "after" framerates.

As a reminder, System 11 games are:
Star Sweep
Kosodate Quiz My Angel 3
Tekken
Tekken 2
Soul Edge
Dunk Mania
Prime Goal EX

Other games will show no change with this new file.

WARNING: In order for the new player to operate, you need a copy of the ROM file "pr1data.8k". This is contained in the current MAME sets for all of the System 11 games, and you should unzip it and place it in the root of your C:\ drive. This is a temporary workaround because I couldn't change the application - ZiNc 1.2 will not do anything this gross :-) If ZiNc crashes on startup with the new dll, this is likely your problem.
Posted By: BoneDragon Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 12:06 AM
Great Work, now I have the full speed of 60fps on my AMD3000+ (SoulEdge). Before I had only about 10fps!
Posted By: mangamuscle Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 12:07 AM
Great News! smile BTW, I might be wrong, but I think the current released version of zinc does not supports Point Blank 2 ^^;
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 12:35 AM
BoneDragon: Fantastic, that was what I was hoping to hear :-)

manga: yes, of course.
Posted By: Saper Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 12:39 AM
Thanks R. Belmont. Now Tekken, Tekken 2 and Soul Edge working with full speed on my PC (before this games had 30-41fps). smile
Posted By: BoneDragon Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 12:58 AM
Not only S11 games run better, but also S12 games like Ehrgeiz and Tekken3 have now better sound (but still not perfect)! Great Work! I am sure one day we will see Soul Calibur on zinc!
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 01:04 AM
No, I'm serious, this doesn't change S12 at all. I'm glad you think they're better, but they really aren't :-)
Posted By: BoneDragon Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 01:11 AM
Hmmm, I thought I didn´t have any background music at Ehrgeiz, now I have. Anyway its great I can play souledge and tekken 2 now. I would say the graphics are higher resoluted and smoother than psx version
Posted By: mangamuscle Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 01:19 AM
wtf!? on a celeron 1.3 ghz (100mhz fsb) w/tnt2 under w2ksp4 the ingame framerate jumped from 10-15 fps to ~40 fps on tekken O_o; not only that, but it solved a graphic glitch on the character select screen o_O; will the wonders never cease? laugh
Posted By: ooga Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 01:24 AM
Great work. Like BoneDragon said S12 games are faster now too. Mr. Driller doesn't have that annoying hickup in sound now.
I have an A64 3200+

So should we look forward to a new version of Zinc anytime soon?
(I know it'll be ready when its ready smile )
Posted By: BoneDragon Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 01:46 AM
@R.Belmont: Now you see, I was right smile
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 01:55 AM
No, it is techically impossible for that to have any affect on S12 games. You have done something else to your system that is causing that effect.
Posted By: BoneDragon Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 02:00 AM
Don´t be modest, you´ve done great job! I don´t say there are great improvements in S12 games but they really work a bit better now!
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 02:37 AM
I'm not being modest. It is completely impossible for any changes in that DLL to affect System 12. It is not even loaded when you are playing System 12 games.
Posted By: BoneDragon Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 02:49 AM
Ok, you´re right, I´ve just compared the old version with the new one. There aren´t any changes to S12 games. Will this games work better at Zinc 1.2?
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 04:27 AM
There are some internal improvements because we understand the hardware better now, but I wouldn't expect them to get faster.
Posted By: Duke Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 09:39 AM
Tekken2:

Old dll: menus with ~70 fps, in game with 85 fps
New dll: menus with more than 200 fps (can't really read the value, menus are gone too fast wink ), in game with ~130 fps.

Using an Athlon XP Barton with ~2,2 GHz.

smile
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 10:25 AM
Nice smile
Posted By: p0ng Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 01:24 PM
R. Belmont! I LOVE YOU!! smile

you go to port this dll for linux? please make it!!
Posted By: Lillymon Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 02:27 PM
I would try this myself, but I'm using ZiNc GUI (EmuLoader wasn't cooperating at all) and it is fairly determined that I do not have any System 11 games whatsoever.

Reminds me why I deleted all of my ZiNc files and promised never to use it again until version 1.2 was out. I'll be happy to try that whenever it comes out actually, but I have delclared version 1.1 to be effectively unusable.
Posted By: Robbbert Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 03:46 PM
I use zincgui and it says all my roms are missing - but double-clicking makes them run anyway! I just ignore what zincgui says.

Now back on topic, all the system 11 games run at 60fps (except tekken2 due to missing roms). However because it seems to fix other problems, I've taken the liberty of downloading the new DLL anyway - thanks for allowing us to test it.
Posted By: joyrider Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 04:50 PM
in tekken 2 with the old dll i get 30 fps on the player select screen, 40 fps when playing.
with the new dll i get 72 fps on the player select screen and 90 fps when playing
with my amd athlon xp2200+

soul edge now runs at 70-100 fps (goes up & down) when playing before it was around 30-40 fps

tekken 1 now runs at 100 fps when playing before it was also around 30-40 fps

prime goal ex now runs at 30 fps when playing before it was around 5-10 fps

nice improvements!
Posted By: Lillymon Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by robbbert:
I use zincgui and it says all my roms are missing - but double-clicking makes them run anyway! I just ignore what zincgui says.
Oh, I don't trust ZiNcGUI at all. I tried running some System 11 games. ZiNc crashed. I've since given up.
Posted By: Roioros Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 08:49 PM
Hello.
When i load a system 11 rom,with the new s11player, the emu crash and say an error on ntdll...
Wich is the problem?
Posted By: bsmith679 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by R. Belmont:
WARNING: In order for the new player to operate, you need a copy of the ROM file "pr1data.8k". This is contained in the current MAME sets for all of the System 11 games, and you should unzip it and place it in the root of your C:\ drive. This is a temporary workaround because I couldn't change the application - ZiNc 1.2 will not do anything this gross :-) If ZiNc crashes on startup with the new dll, this is likely your problem. [/QB]
Did you copy the file "pr1data.8k" to the root directory of your c:\ drive?
Posted By: Roioros Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 09:41 PM
In which directory? I put it where i have the zinc and gives the same error...
Posted By: Macgaiver Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 09:43 PM
I downloaded new s11player.dll to my Win XP i try to run Tekken, tekken 2 tekken 2 B, all games of system 11, and i get crash fatal erros frown
if return the original s11player.dll works fine.

My PC is
Motherboard :
ASUS P4P800SE
Processor Intel P4 2.4 HT prescot
Video: ATI Radeon 9250 256Mb
Memory : 1750 MB ram

Excuse my bad english. I live in Brazil

Please disrespect my post.. I copied the file pr1data.8k for c :\ and it worked correctly
Posted By: AbbasJin Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 10:43 PM
I've got this 3 Ghz P4 with HT and 2 x 256 MB Dual Channel 400 Mhz RAM with a 128 MB GeForce FX 5200. Tekken 3 shows 60 FPS all the time ..but is running at like 45-50 FPS. This is an old problem though, nothing to do with S11 improvements.
If anybody knows how to get correct speeds, just post plz .. i have seen that setting the interlacing off in system menu speeds up the game in MAME ..not much affect in ZiNc. Also my PC can run Tekken 3 at around 90 FPS if i remove the speed limit .. but thats variable .. sometimes 75 ..other times 90 .. so i was wondering if theres something wrong with the emu as it shows 60 FPS but isn't actually running at 60 FPS.
Posted By: MooglyGuy Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 10:56 PM
Dear god, what is it with you and Tekken games on System 12?
Posted By: AbbasJin Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 11:01 PM
hmm .. so someone did mind asking smile .. well i am a Tekken fan .. and thats the only gaming part time i've got .. meaning if i am free and no doing anything else ..i just keep playing tekken .. alone most of the times though .. but still a good pass-time
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/05/06 11:49 PM
Topic, ladies and gentlemen. (This means you Abbas).

It is well known that the gameplay speed is not correct relative to the framerate in some games (Tekken 3 being the most obvious). Your best bet is to turn off the frame limiter and then at around 90 FPS you should get correct play speed.

Attempts at further discussion of this subject on this thread will be deleted.
Posted By: Sega_Sonic Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/06/06 12:02 AM
I don't know if it is related or not, but with the new s11player, there is no more 3D sprites and background layer in the level 2 of Xevious 3D.

By the way, thank you Mr Belmont for this beta : I like to play Dancing Eyes full speed on my average machine ;-)

Regards,
Posted By: AbbasJin Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/06/06 12:14 AM
Thanks Arbee, I was expecting an explainatory answer like this smile but not that much sorta offensive .. over and out
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/06/06 12:28 AM
Sega: It's strongly unlikely that this could cause that. Try again with the old DLL.

Oh, and Abbas, since you don't seem to understand: the anger is because this is not the correct thread for that discussion. If you had started a new thread "System 12 speed wrong?" you would be a perfect citizen and no growling would have occured.
Posted By: Sega_Sonic Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/06/06 12:42 AM
There is no problem in level 2 with the old DLL with sound disabled.
Posted By: Olivier Galibert Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/06/06 03:32 AM
But RB, you're talking here, not in another thread.

In other news, I hate gtk and pango with a passion.

OG.
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/06/06 05:58 AM
So use Qt? The MAME license has changed fairly drastically since we made the toolkit decision :-)
Posted By: Duddie Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/06/06 08:15 AM
RB: What did you do to s11player? smile
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/06/06 10:33 AM
Duddie: replaced the VivaNonno C++ code with real M37710 + C352 emulation (using Prop Cycle's BIOS code - System 22 uses the same music format as System 11). C++ sucks smile

(Ok, it's not really C++'s fault, it's more like that the real music player code in 65816/37710 ASM is far, far simpler than the HLE attempting to emulate it - if you did a direct translation of it into C code you'd set a land speed record smile
Posted By: Duddie Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/06/06 12:04 PM
I see. Sounds good. I only wonder about those missing sprites in Xevious. If I remember correctly, Xevious sound score was different from others as well....
Posted By: SpinelSun Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/06/06 12:07 PM
Pentium 4 1.3GHz (Willamette)

starsweep
old: 99~100 fps max but drops down to 15~30 fps then back up to 99~100 every second.
new: steady 99~100 fps

myangel3
old: same as starsweep.
new: 70~100 fps

tekken
old: 70~80fps max but drops down to 8~30fps then back up to 70~80 fps
new: steady 70~80 fps

tekken2
old: same as tekken1 (mostly)
new: 70~75ish fps

souledge
old: pretty much sames as the tekkens
new: Steady 62~69 fps sometimes dropping under 60 for split seconds.
The first time I tried with new dll during the first battle the sound hung and displayed a bunch of "BRK at PC=000002" in the console.

dunkmnia
old: pretty much the same as the tekkens but with a horrible buzzing noise in game.
new: steady 60+ fps but may drop down to 50 for split second. buzzing gone. however still not playable because of team logo stuck onscreen and upside down frown (bad gfxplugin?)

primglex
old: fluctuates between 15~69 sometimes hitting 80.
new: 50~65 fps sometimes goes down to 30.

In addition, on the continue screen on the tekkens the voice on the continue screen always says "one" instead of counting down.
Souledge has similar problems it always says "Battle zero" and alqays says Mitsurugi instead of your selected characters name at round end.
Posted By: Olivier Galibert Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/06/06 06:35 PM
Mame is not GPL-compatible though, and will never be it seems...

OG.
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/06/06 08:42 PM
The Xevious thing makes no sense - as you know, the DLL only sees reads and writes for 256 bytes of the shared RAM. The only difference is reads return the real value now instead of always 0. In MAME it's hooked up the same way and AFAIK there are no reports of anything disappearing there.
Posted By: Skumbino Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/06/06 11:06 PM
I have tried the dll on my Notebook Toshiba m40x-122 and on my desktop that mount an Athlon 1.2 , Radeon 9200, Sblaster Live with the same results: Crash!
The emu hangs after sayng "rom files loading ok"..
I've tried with different video plugins but nothing..
Posted By: Skumbino Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/06/06 11:08 PM
ops...i think i forgot the stuff of the mame file!!:S now i retry!!!Sorry:D
Posted By: Skumbino Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/07/06 05:29 AM
I must say that now many games works very well..but Fighting Layer now has corrupted graphics..lifebars and other 2d stuff while fighting..it's strange that a audio dll affect graphic stuff..
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/07/06 07:47 AM
Fighting Layer is System 12. That DLL is not even loaded into memory when you are playing System 12 games, so what you are claiming is impossible.
Posted By: xenon Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/07/06 01:54 PM
It works perfectly now. Thanks very much smile
Posted By: Lost Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/07/06 04:27 PM
This made my games run faster also but at first it also didnt work..... it crahed until I did what Belmont said ..place pr1data.8k in the root of c:\

(and not in the rom directory as I thought...it actualy does have to be on root of c:)

and that fixed it smile

My Mame roms are on DVD now so could not be bothered loading 5 DVD's searching for pr1data.8k
and It turned out hard for me to find...any way to save you some time its in propcycl.zip if you have that...just copy pr1data.8k to c:
Posted By: BoneDragon Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/07/06 04:59 PM
I've played Soul Edge with the new s11.dll and there was a bug, don't know if its new because havent played Soul Edge before (cause of low fps). If playing with Cervantes and winning a battle he says "Mitsurugi stood a...."). That he is saying every first round, I win!
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/07/06 07:46 PM
Yes, the voices are wrong. (People will recall the first MAME version with S11 sound emulated had the same problem). I can't fix it here because it needs a modification to the core rather than the DLL :-)
Posted By: bodler Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/08/06 01:32 AM
yo thanks for charring that thing even if u say it has no effect on sum other games for me it does,,, but how come when i try to play dunk mania, prime boal, tekken 2 theres is nothing coming out, i think i need the rom file you said but i dont know where to get, id appreciate alot you helping with this, thanks :bemused:
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/08/06 05:07 AM
We can't tell you where to get ROMs here, sorry.
Posted By: FullMetal Neko Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/08/06 03:46 PM
Everything runs like a peach. Generally 60+ FPS on everything System 11.

5200 Ultra 128mb
Athlon XP 2000+ (1.5)
512 DDR 2100.
Posted By: AbbasJin Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/08/06 09:08 PM
I updated my motherboard INF (related to AGP connection somehow) and 3D card drivers to the latest versions, got a nice 5+ FPS boost, although i can only feel it, else its been showing 60 FPS all the time. Thats for system 12 games. So if any of you want to get (hopefully) a boost of a few frames, just upgrade your motherboard INFs and Videocard drivers.

P4 3.00 GHz with HT
2 x 256 MB DDR400 MHz Dual Channel Kingston
GeForce FX5200 128 MB
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/08/06 09:27 PM
Yeah, keeping your 3d card drivers up to date is always a good idea smile
Posted By: bodler Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/09/06 04:43 AM
can somebody please tell me how to get that pr1data.8k thing and where to install it,,, cose evrytime i run prime bowl, tekken 2 and dunk mania and soul edge there is no image appering frown
Posted By: colour thief Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/09/06 06:29 AM
Quote:
We can't tell you where to get ROMs here, sorry.
It's the truth, no matter how nicely you ask or immaculate your spelling is.
Posted By: bodler Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/09/06 09:47 AM
ok but can i at least know whats the real name of this pr1data.8k so i can find it???
Posted By: AWJ Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/09/06 10:21 AM
It's a ROM from Prop Cycle.
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/09/06 10:41 AM
It's also present in the current MAME sets for every System 11 game.
Posted By: AbbasJin Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/09/06 01:54 PM
propcycle.zip is the full ROM name for prop cycle which carries pr1data.8k, prop cycle itself is a very nice game, totally unique gameplay. Google is your friend :p
Posted By: Lost Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/09/06 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bodler:
can somebody please tell me how to get that pr1data.8k thing and where to install it,,, cose evrytime i run prime bowl, tekken 2 and dunk mania and soul edge there is no image appering frown
I answered your question in my post a few posts above..And Belmont answered it in the very first post for this topic.assuming you allready have the prop cycle rom and/or the pr1data.8k file and the prime Goal, tekken 2 and dunk mania and soul edge roms

pr1data.8k is one of many files contained in the prop cycle zip other wise do what Belmont said > current MAME sets for the System 11 game's..Not sure where you get them from though shocked

I am guessing prime bowl (Goal), tekken 2 and dunk mania and soul edge worked before you changed the DLL

You did change the dll right? as thats why your on this post I hope smile

I think you should get some error message I am not sure why you get no image and no error message ...Do you mean you get a black screen with the games sound?

Before I fixed mine I got the usual XP error..it was sorry etc :bemused:
and would not even load (your's does load by the sounds of what your saying)...then I copied pr1data.8k to c:\pr1data.8k and it worked

and finaly what operating system are you using confused
Posted By: bodler Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/09/06 10:25 PM
the problem u had its exactly what mines is doing to,, its not even loading, with the sorry etc, but i cant seem to find this special rom u say
Posted By: bodler Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/09/06 10:28 PM
and it did work before i changed the dll
Posted By: bodler Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/09/06 10:34 PM
and when u say u copied that file in c\.....how do you do that, sorry for all the questions, but when it comes to things like that....im a newbie.......and by the way ,my operratin system is a celeron(supose to be p4) 2.40 ghz 128 mb or rams
Posted By: bodler Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/09/06 11:20 PM
oh i think i found the rom thing, but i just donmt understand how to put in the root of the c drive, what does that mean?
Posted By: Olivier Galibert Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/10/06 12:05 AM
It means you're too dumb to use a computer. You should stay with a console instead.

OG.
Posted By: bodler Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/10/06 01:05 AM
shut up u cock sucker i havent been using a computer since i was 3 years old like you
Posted By: FullMetal Neko Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/10/06 04:30 AM
Now now lets not flame up here.

bodler: You really should look around online for your answers before message spamming a thread for answers. You are asking a expanded explanation of a simple answer. Drag and drop the file needed into your main hard drive (c:\). Most people do not want to go into indepth explanations for these things. Particularly in this thread since it is being used to beta a new driver. Meaning, more or less only for people with experience.

I will admit I have asked dumb noob questions on here too. But I always hit google up for my answers first. That will usually keep the angry replies to a minimum.
Posted By: Sixtoe Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/10/06 04:32 AM
BTW, there were no computers around back then.

*edit* O, and I forgot to add, I heard it was you that liked the cock, but whatever...
Posted By: bodler Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/10/06 06:22 AM
good its working now, i thought it had to do with sumthing like ms dos when yall told to put it, and i got confused cause you all use alot of*sientific expressions* for me....lol smile
Posted By: bodler Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/10/06 06:23 AM
sixhoe how did u hear about me liking cock u never heard about me you dumb ass go suck ur grandaddys rusty dick you bitch
Posted By: floopy Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/10/06 10:22 AM
Very impressive. I just did a bit of testing, and the speed increase on the system 11 games is quite substantial. With the old s11player, I was averaging 75-80 fps with the frameskip and framelimiter turned off. The new s11player increased the fps to 100-105.
Great work.
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/10/06 10:47 AM
Well, to be honest if you were getting 75-80 you're not the target for the improvement. The folks who were getting 10 and now get 60, that's who I'm glad to help :-)
Posted By: Lost Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/10/06 01:38 PM
Im actually enjoying soul edge 2 now
I could get these speeds before but had to use the no sound option Great stuff smile

If some one has a faster machine and got 60 fps with the older DLL is the sound quality differant to the new DLL and my slower pc seeing we get the speed the game was designed for if that makes sence...what I mean is sound being sacrificed for speed.....sorry if you allready answered this ..( well you did in your first post saying its better sound...but how??).dont bother answering I just found your answer wink read how >>replaced the VivaNonno C++ code with real M37710 + C352 emulation (using Prop Cycle's BIOS code - System 22 uses the same music format as System 11)...cool stuff..Still more fun to play with sound of course smile
Posted By: FullMetal Neko Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/10/06 01:41 PM
I can't wait fo finish up my cabinet and slap the new version on there. I figure by the time I get it all painted and finished the new version will be out lol. But even with this small fix all the games I really wanted to play work like a peach. ^^
Posted By: Lost Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/10/06 02:11 PM
Hi FullMetal

How are you building a cabinet is this an ex arcade machine your refurbishing or something you are building from the ground up? Sounds cool and I bet you will have it all painted and finished Before 1.2 is released

This DLL is the first update in ages that has made a huge differance Im not sure what they have planed for Zinc 1.2 you have done the right thing by using Belmonts DLL ..dont hold your breath I have been holding mine for over a year waiting for the new Zinc

PS: I can wait now as im happy as Larry with Soul Edge 2 for now any way laugh
Posted By: smf Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/10/06 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lost:
Im not sure what they have planed for Zinc 1.2
Plans? LOL

smf
Posted By: Lost Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/10/06 02:52 PM
so there is no plan? hahaha cool
I thought you had a some unplayable racing game playable

But no big deal you have done a great job so far and without planing!!!? as it turns out ....so why start now smile
Posted By: DynaChicken Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/10/06 04:33 PM
Hobby projects are rarely planned. Just worked on when the authors feel like it. This doesnt mean that there is no rough "to do" list in the authors minds, it just means that they dont like to be set on a fixed schedule.
We do that enough during our days jobs.

Source code is available and usually if someone does a cool change on the opened source code then that might spark interest from authors to improve things even more.
Posted By: Lost Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/10/06 05:19 PM
thats fair and I am not complaining

I think every one Loves Zinc and what it can do now...expeacialy with the new DLL
Posted By: FullMetal Neko Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/10/06 08:15 PM
I agree with Lost, Zinc is wonderful. =} Now if we can get a System 12 patch like this id be in 7th heaven.

Lost: I got an old Cosmic Alien cab. Its pretty bombed out. I'm going to go through and rebuild/repaint it and make it Tron themed. At some point ill get some custom side vinyls with the more recent Tron art on it. But until then, I'm going to stick to cobalt blue sides.

Anywho back on topic... New driver is great! XD
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/10/06 09:20 PM
Lost: the sound is better than it was with the old code. E.g. with the old stuff Dunk Mania's intro music was missing instruments, Soul Edge was missing end themes for many characters, and the music in all games was mostly in mono - now it's in proper stereo.

ZiNc actually comes pretty close to being as old as MAME when you take the full history into account (Duddie could probably tell us when PSEmu DOS first started), so it's not quite a "bastard child" even though it now uses some MAME components.
Posted By: Sixtoe Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/10/06 09:47 PM
How about a "bastard uncle"?

wink
Posted By: Lost Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/11/06 09:41 AM
I always thought Zinc was Mame with the guts ripped out "the Bastard nephew"

But then there is Fast mame etc and all these
http://www.zophar.net/mame.html

I didnt know it was built from the ground up
And isnt it an Arcade emu that plays games from the arcade that were later ported to the play station? confused

This is why I am Lost...you can d/load a game for Zinc that also works on mame.(the Bastard Father of Zinc)..say 20 megs and the same game on a play station emu and its an iso or a disk image at 450 megs
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/11/06 10:04 AM
ZiNc was S11Emu was Impact was PSEmuPro was PSEmu DOS. It's always been it's own emulator.

BTW, if any of you want to help out, we've got a lead on an extremely rare game that ZiNc would be capable of running if we were able to buy and dump it. (I can't say what the game is lest the seller see this and jack up the price). Look at this post from the Dumping Project for more info. Any amount helps, and any leftover money can be used to buy and dump even more games.
Posted By: Lost Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/11/06 10:27 AM
Where do we pump our donations to?
Posted By: colour thief Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/11/06 10:37 AM
You can paypal money to "dumpingproject [at] charter [dot] net" with the obvious modifications to the address.

Alternatively you can use this page if that makes it easier for you.
Posted By: Lost Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/11/06 10:41 AM
Is there any other way as I dont use a credit card I am happy to donate and send a check

We need an address as to where to send it
Posted By: BrianT Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/11/06 09:31 PM
Lost: Private message me on the MAME boards and I'll give you a postal address if you wish to contribute. We really want this game smile

BrianT
Posted By: Lost Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/12/06 12:29 AM
Done...I hope if I did it right lol
Posted By: Sega_Sonic Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/13/06 03:40 AM
Attn R. Belmont

Xevious 3D
I've previously reported a bug in level 2 of this game.
I've just tried another video card (ATI 7500) and this bug does not appear. Only present when I used my very old PC with a Nvidia TNT2 video card.

Not very interesting probably, but just to let you know.
Regards,
Posted By: mangamuscle Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/13/06 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sega_Sonic:
Only present when I used my very old PC with a Nvidia TNT2 video card.
Did you had installed in that pc the latest version (71.84) of the nvidia drivers for your card?
Posted By: smf Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/13/06 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lost:
I didnt know it was built from the ground up
And isnt it an Arcade emu that plays games from the arcade that were later ported to the play station? confused

This is why I am Lost...you can d/load a game for Zinc that also works on mame.(the Bastard Father of Zinc)..say 20 megs and the same game on a play station emu and its an iso or a disk image at 450 megs
The games that ZiNc supports run on arcade systems that have the PlayStation chipset. Some of them just use the CPU & GPU, others also use the SPU.

Most also have their own sound hardware that is used instead of playing back red book audio or CDXA. These take less space as each instrument is sampled once and played at different pitches ( i.e. a .mod ).

smf
Posted By: AbbasJin Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/14/06 06:14 PM
those games are around 20 megs because first they have all the movies (endings etc) removed, only one two intro movies are put to save ROMs smile , then most of the games use some sort of compression/optimisation technology minimizing file sizes as smf said.
Ever played that fully 3D quake type 3D game all in 64 KB .. google it if you wanna give it a try, real cool 'stuff'. smile Shows you how much optimization you can have these days
Posted By: MooglyGuy Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/14/06 09:12 PM
To be fair, the "Quake 3 in 96KB" demo is an extremely special case. It takes compression to the next level and doesn't even store any textures or 3D models or level data; it is all procedurally generated. What "procedural generation" in this case means is that rather than storing the full texture or model or whatever, the game stores "instructions" on how to make the texture (or whatever), which are interpreted by a sort of cut-down image editor (or 3D editor) inside the game engine. These instructions are used to generate the textures or models used by the game when you first start it. To my knowledge, no commercial game uses this sort of technology yet.

EDIT: That said, even knowing how it's done, it's still f@*$ing cool. smile
Posted By: Knurek Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/15/06 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MooglyGuy:
To my knowledge, no commercial game uses this sort of technology yet.
AFAIK Unreal used procedural generation for fire/water textures way back... uhh, whenever it was released.

Also, I believe Half-Life had procgen speech samples. Though I'm less sure about that. wink

And I've read somewhere that Xbox360 has hardware support for generating procedurally 3D model data.
Posted By: Tourniquet Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/15/06 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MooglyGuy:
it is all procedurally generated.
I seem to recall it raided your fonts as an input source.
Posted By: MooglyGuy Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/15/06 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Knurek:
AFAIK Unreal used procedural generation for fire/water textures way back... uhh, whenever it was released.
Perhaps, but I was mostly referring to using procedural generation for pretty much everything.

Quote:
Also, I believe Half-Life had procgen speech samples. Though I'm less sure about that.
Not to my knowledge.

Quote:
And I've read somewhere that Xbox360 has hardware support for generating procedurally 3D model data.
"How about no, Scott?"
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/15/06 04:07 AM
Procgen speech is speech synthesis, and the state of the art on that *still* sounds best case like that annoying Cher song :-)

There's definitely no procedural sugar in the 360. The PSP (!) can convert NURBS to triangles in hardware, but it's not really the same thing.

Now then, topic please.
Posted By: Olivier Galibert Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/15/06 05:39 AM
It gets better actually, just try http://demo.acapela-group.com/ .

Top-what ? :-)

OG.
Posted By: MooglyGuy Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/15/06 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Olivier Galibert:
It gets better actually
Better compared to what, exactly - the TI 99/4A voice module? The way its vocal tract goes between vowel phonemes is horrendous. Just have it speak the word "computer" and it totally screws up the transition between the i and u phonemes. If you make it say something more complex like "In the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands that have held them to another," it sounds no better than the version of MacinTalk provided with MacOS 8. :p

ETA: Another test case, "I f@#$ed your mother" - it completely butchers the er in "your".

ETA2: Strangely enough, it handles "burr" or "fur" just fine.
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/15/06 06:34 AM
Yup. I can't claim to speak the lingo like MG, but while the actual sounds are better than e.g. MacInTalk or SAM, the transitions are totally unnatural sounding.

Also, topic? Please? :rolleyes:
Posted By: Lost Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/15/06 03:38 PM
Hi BrianT

Re the donations for the Dumping Project
I enabled Private messaging on this board (it was disabled) I sent you a private message but I got no response? -I waited up to 4 days I think!! so long enough for an answer I thought
so I just deleted it as im not sure who has access and I dont want to be bombarded with PM's so the quicker you reply I can disable it again smile

If you were refering to another Mame board Im sorry as this is the only one I use

I am still happy to donate but can you PM me on this board?

Thanks
Posted By: Blake Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/15/06 10:15 PM
I have my zinc loading from mamewah on a pc with an arcadevga card and it's all hooked up to a mortal kombat 1 cabinet. Upon booting up a game, zinc will not show any of the graphics but just colored bars (the sound is fine). This only happens if I'm using the new s11 beta file. Once I load up zinc from my backup directory (with the old s11 file), everything runs fine.

Even stranger, I open a game with my backup copy of zinc (using the old s11 file) and it works fine. I close out of this and open up zinc using the new s11 file and it works fine and games using s11 sound run much faster than before. I'm really puzzled as to what's going on because it doesn't make any sense that zinc doesn't work correctly until I load it once from my backup directory.

To ensure that files are not corrupt, I have copied my backup directory over my new directory and then installed a fresh copy of the s11 file. This does not fix the problem. I'm posting this hear because I believe it is related to the new s11 file, although it doesn't make any sense to me why it's happening.
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/17/06 12:26 AM
Blake: you most likely don't have the proper pr1data.8k file in your root C:\ drive. Make sure it's the valid one from a recent "propcycl" MAME set.
Posted By: Lost1 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/17/06 12:54 AM
what do you mean the Mame Set? you say this as if its a package easily downloadable is it?

I had to search for ages to get these files and use the file's out of my roms
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/17/06 01:11 AM
We obviously can't go into detail here, but most sites offering that kind of thing do it in terms of up-to-date MAME sets. For instance, if I enter something obvious into Google, the very first hit has a .zip file containing all the files needed to play that game in MAME. If you are unable to get search results to work that well for you, practice.
Posted By: Lost1 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/17/06 01:42 AM
smile
Posted By: Heihachi_73 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/17/06 02:32 PM
*drools* Tekken 2 finally at 60/60 and not 45,23,51,24 etc!! And Tekken Tag running past boot-up in MAME!

*bows to the gods of emulation*
Posted By: Heihachi_73 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/17/06 04:16 PM
Just wondering, does anyone else have a slowdown on the graphics side when playing vs. Devil on Tekken 2? This is an old matter and has happened since (before?) 2002 so if it sounds stupid (and/or under "trolling") it doesn't need a reply. Most likely it doesn't happen on most graphics cards but I could be wrong and it's not just me.

It's the mirror in the background which causes the slowdown, and the same thing happens with none other than Pete's GPU plugins for ZiNc, and of course the PSX emulators. I tested MAME, and E}I{'s softGPU 0.981 and Dr Hell's GDI GPU plugin under ePSXe and none of those slow down.

E}I{'s GPU plugin doesn't work with Tekken 2 but a savestate loads and can be played for the one round vs Devil, then it hangs when it tries to load the replay.
Posted By: AbbasJin Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/17/06 05:15 PM
i am getting no fall in FPS at all in ZiNc in fight against devil in his round. Just rechecked and had to play around 37 stages to get to devil's stage, so freaking hard CPU mode, thanks to the messed up dip-switch that won't let you change anything in the game options in zinc smirk
Posted By: Reznor007 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/17/06 08:18 PM
I'm gonna say your slow down with hardware GPU plugins is that it's using a framebuffer/render to texture technique on the mirror, and that can be slow on PC video cards. If you use Pete's OpenGL2 plugin it may help since it uses a few newer extensions to do those effects. The newest versions of the PSX emu plugins are compatible with Zinc, so you don't have to get a special version or anything.
Posted By: Heihachi_73 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/17/06 08:33 PM
It might be just my graphics card, although 32MB is way beyond my old 4MB chipset which also had the same slowdown. It speeds up as soon as the mirror goes off-screen.

Hard, Tekken 2? lol!! You can copy MAME's nvram to the ZiNc cfg directory, just rename .nv to .cfg.

For Tekken 2 (one of my best games) -

Just do the one thing I did in the arcade - duck, 4, duck, 4 all the way through! That was the only way I got Nina, Kunimitsu, Jun etc into the time records!

For the Jacks/Kuma, use the Sit, 1,2,1,2 as the CPU never blocks it.

For the Kings, the Frankensteiner is the killer move.

For Law, 110-damage combo (vs. CPU only) - 3,3,4 (Triple Kick, Flipkick), WS+4,3 (Rising Kick, Flipkick), d,d/f,d,d/f+3 (Slide Kick). On the PlayStation you have to do a punch (which the CPU blocks), otherwise the CPU ducks under the kicks or blocks it.
Posted By: Heihachi_73 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/17/06 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Reznor007:
I'm gonna say your slow down with hardware GPU plugins is that it's using a framebuffer/render to texture technique on the mirror, and that can be slow on PC video cards. If you use Pete's OpenGL2 plugin it may help since it uses a few newer extensions to do those effects. The newest versions of the PSX emu plugins are compatible with Zinc, so you don't have to get a special version or anything.
Just checked the site out, lol

Quote:
nVidia/ATI cards with at least 64 MB (ZiNc: 128 MB) vram are recommended!
I do not want to get banned for starting some flame war but that is utterly ridiculous for a low resolution PSX based system. I think I'll stick with the slowdown for now. My 1.2 Celeron with a 4MB chipset ran Tekken 2 at the same speed, although it was ZiNc 0.9 with no sound and glitches back in 2004.

The nasty stuff: Acer (2.8 Celeron, SiS chipset, 32MB), HP (1.2 Celeron, Intel 810 chipset, 4MB)

edit: I just tested that "new" plugin and not only is the graphics entirely broken on my end (ZiNc) it also does around 0.5fps. Onn the off-note I'll keep the 2004-05-19 dated renderer.znc!
Posted By: AbbasJin Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/17/06 10:24 PM
i didn't know these 'shortcuts' to beat the CPU smile since I've played tekken 2 just a few times only, and of course when you start playing it after you've played tekken5, tekken4, tekkentag and tekken3 ... tekken 2 looks quite slow and much-less-fluent. Devil beat me like 7 times in the final round. You execute a move and he'd just do a throw, and 1,2 keys wont help you escape either, i guess there's much less time-frame to register escape-commands.

Anyway its cool Tekken Tag is doing atleast 'something' in MAME now. I hope Arbee,smf,duddie,oliver figure out the remaining protection, (god why did namco need to protect a game so rudely smirk )

BTW heihachi_73, you can find several new cheats for tekkentag on pugsy's cheat forum. All characters unlocked, stage modifiers (this one's mine) :p etc etc.
Posted By: Heihachi_73 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/17/06 11:23 PM
Hehe, nope! For the throws you have to do the exact throw to escape.

Throw type - escape

Basic 1+3 throw - 1+3 (Devil's is nasty and does 40 damage!)
Basic 2+4 throw - 2+4
Ultimate Tackle - 2+4

You can't escape "special" throws like the Stonehead, and the running tackle can't be escaped.

When Devil does his standing laser you can walk through it as long as you duck the first part. In Tekken Tag it doesn't work and you will still get hit.

I noticed (and saved) the TTT cheats, but they're not much use until you can connect a move!
Posted By: AbbasJin Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/17/06 11:48 PM
O_o, tekken 2 is a bit weird, i'd say tekkentag and tekken5 forever (err. unless there is another good sequel smile ).
Yeah the cheats are useless right now, I am currently just using tekken tag mame for capturing wallpaper-type snapshots of stages, and you do good pretty good looking snaps at the character intro right before the match starts. Although I've captured alot more high-quality snaps through PCSX2 as the PS2 ttt is ALOT more better than this system12 based one. But then again, you can never expect zinc system12 speeds from PCSX2.
Posted By: MooglyGuy Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/18/06 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Heihachi_73:
I do not want to get banned for starting some flame war but that is utterly ridiculous for a low resolution PSX based system.
I don't want to get banned for participating in some flame war, but it's utterly ridiculous that you are of the opinion that framebuffer effects are easy to do on the PC (hint: they aren't), and that an ancient video card with 32MB of RAM can in any way support OpenGL 2 extensions.

Quote:
I just tested that "new" plugin and not only is the graphics entirely broken on my end (ZiNc) it also does around 0.5fps.
Yes. This is because your ancient-as-hell video card doesn't support OGL2 extensions, and as such it's probably falling back to some software method.

Quote:
Onn the off-note I'll keep the 2004-05-19 dated renderer.znc!
Please do so.

Say, on a similar note, I can't seem to run Windows XP on my Commodore 64. What could be the problem?
Posted By: kamikaz3 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/18/06 02:05 AM
Quote:
Just do the one thing I did in the arcade - duck, 4, duck, 4 all the way through! That was the only way I got Nina, Kunimitsu, Jun etc into the time records!

For the Jacks/Kuma, use the Sit, 1,2,1,2 as the CPU never blocks it.

For Law, 110-damage combo (vs. CPU only) - 3,3,4 (Triple Kick, Flipkick), WS+4,3 (Rising Kick, Flipkick), d,d/f,d,d/f+3 (Slide Kick). On the PlayStation you have to do a punch (which the CPU blocks), otherwise the CPU ducks under the kicks or blocks it.
Their are more moves you can do to defeat the opponent, not with those move.
Posted By: Heihachi_73 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/18/06 04:11 PM
They're basic crappy moves, but they're fast and the CPU falls for this 90% of the time wink

I agree 100% that a 32MB graphics card sucks for that type of usage, it looks bad enough playing Vice City with half-loaded graphics, but there could be another way besides using graphics enhancing plugins. I never use higher than 640x480 in ZiNc, and it's by far enough for any PSX-based system. If I could use 512x480 I would have used that but I haven't seen custom resolutions for SiS chipsets and Windows XP smile

I wouldn't have said a word, but it was just the fact that it was no faster on that part than on my old 1.2 with a 4MB 24-bit (16-bit in ZiNc) 1024x768@60hz Intel 810 chipset! There's no other game which slows down in ZiNc, apart from System 12 games which sit between 45 and 50fps (Tekken 3), which isn't much less than the console (PAL) version I play on the PlayStation anyway.
Posted By: smf Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/18/06 04:39 PM
Quote:
There's no other game which slows down in ZiNc, apart from System 12 games which sit between 45 and 50fps (Tekken 3), which isn't much less than the console (PAL) version I play on the PlayStation anyway.
I think the game complete in one of the sfex games uses a similar technique. I'm sure there was an option you could set on one of the renderers that helped, or you could use the software peops renderer. Maybe someone could bring kaz's gpu back from the grave one day, I still want to see the source for that thing.

smf
Posted By: Heihachi_73 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/18/06 06:20 PM
It's not in the PEOpS plugin (1.17). I use Pete's D3D plugin 1.75 for ePSXe, but only for Tekken 1 and 2. For any other game i use E}I{'s stuff as it's faster and saves better screenshots.

The Tekken 2 speed fix (for crappy gfx cards):

Framebuffer textures: Black - Fast but no special effects

As of now I can't test any more games as my arcade stick has broken and it's stuck on right. When you hit right it doesn't click anymore as the metal switch has cracked through. Can't be bothered setting up a keyboard again! No sane person would use one for anything more than Galaga wink
Posted By: AbbasJin Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/18/06 09:31 PM
Heihachi just connect a dual-shock to your pc, my friend borrowed my Tekken stick and never returned, that jerk practices tekken5 on it now. I use that dual shock on my pc, real great for Tekken, though i normally practice tekken3 only. No broken switches smile or diagonal problems.
Posted By: Heihachi_73 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/19/06 01:04 AM
I might get the stick serviced if it's possible to fix for less than the stick itself! I paid $50 (Australian) for it and it's lasted for 8 years so I can't complain. The R1 button is also dead (the rubber part used to be under the Square button, you couldn't hit 1 in Tekken so I swapped it).

Just wondering, what was your first experience with Jinpachi as CPU? The first time I played Tekken 5 I sped through the game like it was Tekken 3, then sat there and let Jinpachi get me with the laser or whatever and ended up dead on both rounds.

The DualShock2 controller I used to have in the adaptor and it was great, until I lent it out along with Tekken Tag and the other DS2 controller. I'm hoping the game comes back with some decent time records, survivals or even some Tekken Bowl 300's (not Paul!). My highest was 181 wins with GunJack/King but I erased the memory card as I couldn't get any more records in!
Posted By: AbbasJin Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/19/06 02:20 AM
Jinpachi is the best boss in the series IMHO, The first i played tekken5, I kept playing fluently and smoothly like tekken4, In the first round against Jinpachi he did defeat me with surprise, I really liked the aggressive way he was playing and throwing his powerballs at me smile . Really reminded me of KOF's boss Rugal, even though i don't like KOF, but he is what i think beat-em-ups bosses to be. Jinpachi is the same fast, aggressive, damaging and a bit fearful like him now. And yeah it took me more than 2 continues to beat him the first time.
I don't remember most of my records caz unfortunately, i had my PS2 for less than 3 months, so I didn't get to play much tekken on it. Nowadays I play 'Tag' a few times a week, busy with studies and stuff so very little time for tekken. Just working on improving my juggling abilities and stuff.
I've had the official Tekken Tag stick for a month or so, was real cool and accurate. Right now its RP button has started getting registering problems, but since i play on the dualshock most of the times so now worries for me, the stick is my friend's btw.
Did you try download any saves with tough records from Gamefaqs etc and uploading them to your memcard?, I guess most of the saves are posted their just by hard core gamers and not hard core tekken fans, caz i downloaded and installed a few tekken 4 saves a few months back and the highest time record was like 3:30 Mins smile
Posted By: Lost1 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/19/06 04:19 PM
Hi sorry to go back to s11player.dll but I didnt want to start a new post for what I hope is a simple answer I use Aldos front end and the games are now running way to fast

In video options (of Aldos F/End) I have the frame limiter checked and changed the frame rate at 60 fps it was default at 100 fps this slowed it down a touch but Not what it claimed at 60 fps its still running to fast.

In the Zinc renderer configuration file I have this
ShowFPS = 1
FrameLimitation = 1
FrameSkipping = 0

Im not sure what to edit or what syntax to add to the cfg files if it is possable to do it that way manualy?
or what other options I can use to slow the games down

I never thought I would see the day when I had Zinc running to fast smile
Posted By: Heihachi_73 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/19/06 05:34 PM
I don't have any tools of that sort. The only thing that is console to computer I own is the Boom PSX/N64 controller adaptor.

I took my first one back without opening it up and got it replaced. The second one had the same problem. The Nintendo 64 part works well but the PSX plug was badly wired up on both adaptors. As soon as the bottom part was taken off 3 of the 7 wires bounced up showing me the problem straight away. I had to laugh when NGEmu had an advertisement for the exact same thing in 2004!

3 minutes, yuck! I'm not happy unless I get under 3, not too sure about Tekken 4 as it seems to do less damage for the same moves which have been there since Tekken 1 (Mishimas). Haven't got Tekken 5 at all - not paying $60 for it! I don't trust second hand when it comes to CD/DVD media - they're usually always scratched making you fork out another $10-15 to get them resurfaced. That makes the price $39 (second hand) + 15 = no different to brand new, then the book or cover might be missing and that.

I remember my old TA record in Tekken 3 - 1:44 with Yoshimitsu.
Posted By: AbbasJin Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/19/06 06:46 PM
my PSX-to-USB joypad converter is a chinese brand and its packing had a floppy with drivers for dualshock's vibration. The floppy was not working smirk 'remember its chinese' smile . Well luckily windows xp detected the converter anyway and whats so cool is that it supports two controllers, and has been working for me for the last two years now (i bought it for 500 Rupees equal to ~12 US$)
I don't play Tekken5 that much regulary as I told you in the previous step I don't own a PS2 anymore smirk. My time record in T3 is 1:53 with Jin :p

Lost just turn the frame limiter ON and set the value to 90, thats what i've done and i am getting Tekken3 running at viewable full speed (not the written 60 FPS tag smile which stays there the same all the time but th game runs at 45 FPS), just don't forget to turn interlace off in your game's settings.
Posted By: Lost1 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/20/06 12:40 PM
Ok Ill try that
thanks AbbasJin

Ok an update : that worked and it runs at the speeds you said But I meant system 11 games run to fast and i do have the frame limiter checked in Aldos f/end but it doesnt seem to make a differance if it is checked or not? thats why I thought I might be able to manualy do it in Zinc its self by altering the cfg files
But I dont know how

And I am not sure if Aldos is up to date with Zinc so is there a work around ...I dont mind not using a front end if I can remember how lol But every one use's a front end nowdays

Im not sure what the problem is here and its more than likley something I have done wrong .(and please dont say Obviously)

Cheers
Posted By: AbbasJin Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/21/06 05:47 PM
i personally cant say anything buddy, I tried running Tekken2 and with the old s11player its running at near OK speed, but with the new s11player, the emu just crashes, i DO have that file in my c drive also, first it used to work but after this new window installation i can't get it to work. smirk
Posted By: Heihachi_73 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/21/06 09:04 PM
It sounds stupid, but after reinstalling Windows did you update DirectX?
Posted By: AbbasJin Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/22/06 08:57 AM
TBH, i don't have much time to waste with installing hours on installing windows every 2 weeks or so, so i just installed a fresh OS once, then installed all the goodies, directx, drivers, a few softwares that i use most of all.Then i just made a Ghost image of that partition. And well now i just unzip that image file every time my windows starts acting strangely thanks to those thousands of 'ppl?' writing crappy viruses all the time, hence a 'fresh' OS in less that 4 minutes smile anytime i like. smile Yeah DirectX9c installed with all the mobo,3dcard etc drivers. Probably I did mess somethings up.

BTW i tried replacing T3's mame nvram file with zinc's cfg one by renaming, but i guess that didn't work since MAME's save file was from 104u5 so some slight changes made it incompatible or something, save didn't work, instead ZiNc started giving errors with BAD CRC errors in T3 ROM, so i had to remove the nvram and let zinc make a new one, T3 did start working again, still no luck with s11player though.
Posted By: Heihachi_73 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/22/06 09:48 PM
At one stage or another Tekken 3's NVRAM saving was changed in MAME. ZiNc could be different again, but I haven't checked it yet.

With Tekken 2 I had no problems converting the NVRAM to run in both, thanks to the original tk2b romset with "eeprom" dumped all characters have been unlocked for years without cheats! If you like Baek he's first by a mile, if not, time to play some catch-up with your best character (get to Devil and keep losing/continuing)! I put this in the cheat request forum seeing if anyone could modify the usage details but no answers yet.
Posted By: AbbasJin Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/22/06 10:33 PM
yeah mame had alot of improvements in its psx-cpu emulation. mame's tekken2 nvram worked fine in ZiNc for me.

Anyways in Tekken3 'my' Jin Kazama is on top of character usage, right now i have played like 1664 matches with him, paul and heihachi are second and third and mokujin on 4th.. ogre on fifth and so on.

In Tekkentag, which isn't even working yet smile , i've played like 64 times with Jin already smile

BTW you can just reset the ADS from the game's setup menu, I don't think you'll lose any unlocked characters or anything, but you'll have to work on playing more with ur fav char to keep him on top of the list if other ppl use the same game smile
Posted By: smf Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/23/06 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AbbasJin:
BTW i tried replacing T3's mame nvram file with zinc's cfg one by renaming, but i guess that didn't work since MAME's save file was from 104u5 so some slight changes made it incompatible or something, save didn't work, instead ZiNc started giving errors with BAD CRC errors in T3 ROM, so i had to remove the nvram and let zinc make a new one, T3 did start working again, still no luck with s11player though.
There is no way that copying mame's nvram to zinc's cfg directory would cause a bad crc.

smf
Posted By: AbbasJin Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/23/06 01:21 AM
dunno SMF, but it HAS happened to me smile , dunno why, while ZiNc was giving bad crc for that certain rom part and was showing the expected crc for that file as being different from its current state, when i checked the rom it had the same crc that ZiNc was expecting all the time. removing the cfg file and letting zinc create a new one helped me,now i can play tekken 3 happily wink
Posted By: Heihachi_73 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 03/23/06 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AbbasJin:
BTW you can just reset the ADS from the game's setup menu, I don't think you'll lose any unlocked characters or anything, but you'll have to work on playing more with ur fav char to keep him on top of the list if other ppl use the same game smile
It only erases the first page, just like the real one does so characters, vs. wins and time records are still there. Sounds silly, since a local Tekken Tag machine was moved across the room and all the times were gone, unless it was a different machine and the first TTT was broken so they swapped it, cabinet and all. Fighting games tend to have a habit of broken sticks :what:

I tried searching for a character usage cheat but got nowhere so I threw it into the cheat request forum. The only way to delete it is to possibly erase everything then use a cheat to enable all characters.
Posted By: AceKombat Re: Public beta (sorta) - 04/23/06 12:16 PM
Hey , I used Zing GUI as well , it don't work , so yall are saying the others are better , I can't get the others to work , can somebody please help me alot on programs like zinkFE or something like that ?
Posted By: AceKombat Re: Public beta (sorta) - 04/23/06 01:15 PM
Ok I goted it to sorta work , however , I can't run the file still , what happens is when I run the exe , the last thing in the log says rom files loaded OK , but the program running the rom don't show up , it can be that 1 file name you were saying , pr1data.8k , what is that and where can I find it ?
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 04/23/06 09:28 PM
That is a ROM file and it should be included with current MAME-compatible sets for any of the System 11 games.
Posted By: AceKombat Re: Public beta (sorta) - 04/24/06 01:24 AM
I have the pr1data.8k , got it from dling Prop Cycle rom , now , where do I put it at ? I put it at the main zinc folder and tested it , it does that rom file ok and nothing show up , I then put it in the Tekken zip folder , it still does the same thing , what does that problem , which folder does it go , my main place where Zinc folder is at F:Program files/Zinc , and Mame32 emulator folder is at F:Mame32
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 04/24/06 03:11 AM
Some days I don't know why I ever bother. Quoting my very first post on this thread:

Quote:
...place it in the root of your C:\ drive.
Posted By: AceKombat Re: Public beta (sorta) - 04/24/06 03:51 AM
Hey got it before , thanks , I dont know how you get it , but I got it by going to links and they say the rom Prop Circl has the file . Goted and put in the Main C Drive , and do other stuff . Thx , and like the changes ! Cool that you made fps run normal when sound is enabled , is it possible to make the annoying sound in character screen be removed ? I taught the only way is somehow to make the left audio run the right audio while right audio Also run right audio ( just remove left audio ) , but I dont know how to do that either . Also there is probably a thread like what I am gonna say , but is there a way I can put my own cheats in Zinc ?
Posted By: Lost1 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 04/25/06 05:11 PM
you can use premade cheats using a trainer for Zinc

I think you can input arcade cheats?I think I done it before I cant remember I just use the trainer now

Cheer's
smile
Posted By: MooglyGuy Re: Public beta (sorta) - 04/25/06 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AceKombat:
I have the pr1data.8k , got it from dling Prop Cycle rom , now , where do I put it at ?
"Put it at"? Do you actually talk that way in real life?
Posted By: BoneDragon Re: Public beta (sorta) - 04/25/06 08:59 PM
Zinc crashed when i was playing SoulEdge and was on stage 7. Was this because this new plug in? Will this be fixed with zinc 1.2?
Posted By: Lost1 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 04/26/06 05:36 PM
Hi BoneDragon I dont think you can blame the plug in with out some sort of error report and I guess you would have to name what version rom your using and also did you reach stage 8 (or the next stage) before you installed the plugin?

I have had no trouble with this game using the new plugin...allthough I cheated using the trainer

the crashing of your Zinc could be due to anything

And I am not saying the plug in didnt cause it you need to post more info on the error
Posted By: BoneDragon Re: Public beta (sorta) - 04/27/06 05:02 PM
Hi Lost, by the way nice pic! Its nice to hear, that the crash wasn't caused by the plug in, I haven't tried to play SoulEdge again, but I'll do. Maybe it crashed because I've running 64 bit machine, but I've played Streetfighter EX 2+ a lot of times and it never crashed bevore. Well, it's no problem I have Souledge for Playstation, too.
Posted By: Lost1 Re: Public beta (sorta) - 04/27/06 05:31 PM
smile

is 64 worth changing over to ? I know its the future and I guess we will have no choice soon...your Zinc crash.....and I heard a few other bad storys getting it sorted

Should I update to 64 now BoneDragon or wait?
Posted By: BoneDragon Re: Public beta (sorta) - 05/02/06 02:18 AM
Lost, you can wait, but one day you won't have another choice you will have to update to 64 bit now its not really necessary. I' ve played Souledge once again today and this time, the sound crashed! I got lot of error messages about the sound plugin. Well, have to wait for zinc 1.2. :-(
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 05/02/06 08:44 PM
Are you running a 64-bit OS? ZiNc will *not* work properly on such a setup, and frankly shouldn't even start up.
Posted By: AWJ Re: Public beta (sorta) - 05/03/06 06:58 AM
Quote:
Are you running a 64-bit OS? ZiNc will *not* work properly on such a setup, and frankly shouldn't even start up.
Err, why not? Isn't XP64 supposed to be able to run 32-bit applications? I know all the major 64-bit Linux distributions can when properly configured.
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 05/03/06 09:08 PM
XP64's 32-bit emulation is extremely fragile and not intended for gaming AFAIK. Regardless, we do not support ZiNc under any kind of emulation, be it hardware or software.
Posted By: BoneDragon Re: Public beta (sorta) - 05/03/06 09:29 PM
Zinc worked perfectly on my windows server 2003 enterprise x64, but i played only zn1/zn2 games. They all work fine.
Posted By: AaronGiles Re: Public beta (sorta) - 05/03/06 11:02 PM
Quote:
XP64's 32-bit emulation is extremely fragile and not intended for gaming AFAIK. Regardless, we do not support ZiNc under any kind of emulation, be it hardware or software.
More like XP64's drivers, which had to be updated by all the device manufacturers to support 64-bit, and which are heavily stressed when running games, are extremely fragile. The WOW64 layer itself is quite stable. But that's only a small part of the battle.
Posted By: smf Re: Public beta (sorta) - 05/04/06 01:36 AM
Quote:
we do not support ZiNc under any kind of emulation, be it hardware or software.
We support ZiNc?

smf
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: Public beta (sorta) - 05/04/06 02:02 AM
This is really just another violation of the "ZiNc is for poor people" principle. If you're running a gorram 64-bit OS you are not poor and should be playing MAME. End of fscking thread.
© Forums