Home Page
Posted By: djpoet area51 - 08/11/05 07:55 PM
yeah i wanna kno how i put the .chd file were it has to go i wannna play the game but have no idea were to put the chd file to make it work
Posted By: Brad Oliver Re: area51 - 08/11/05 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by djpoet:
yeah i wanna kno how i put the .chd file were it has to go i wannna play the game but have no idea were to put the chd file to make it work
Do you have an idea how to read the Documentation?
Posted By: djpoet Re: area51 - 08/12/05 04:37 AM
what do u mean by read the documentation
Posted By: Nathan Strum Re: area51 - 08/12/05 05:01 AM
And for those of you playing along at home, Brad could have also answered:

"I know where you can put the .chd file."

But if you got the correct answer, give yourself 10 points.
Posted By: djpoet Re: area51 - 08/12/05 05:07 AM
so can anyone help me by telling me were the chd file goes
Posted By: djpoet Re: area51 - 08/12/05 05:28 AM
i kno that i have to put a folder named mame/roms/area51/area51.chd but do i have to make a new folder to put the area51.chd in or do i have to put it in the original with a new folder uncompressed do i have to put a new uncompressed folderin the roms folder and name it area51 and put the area51.chd in it uncompressed if so ive tried it and that doesnt work can someone please help
Posted By: Bakasama Re: area51 - 08/12/05 09:59 AM
Quote:
i kno that i have to put a folder named mame/roms/area51/area51.chd but do i have to make a new folder to put the area51.chd in or do i have to put it in the original with a new folder uncompressed do i have to put a new uncompressed folderin the roms folder and name it area51 and put the area51.chd in it uncompressed if so ive tried it and that doesnt work can someone please help
What? I think you got that wrong. It's suppose to be "documents/MacMAME/Hard Disk Images/area51/area51.chd" Tho' I wonder if you're using MAME not MacMAME.
Posted By: djpoet Re: area51 - 08/12/05 12:04 PM
i am using mame
Posted By: djpoet Re: area51 - 08/12/05 12:09 PM
but isnt macmame for mac or am i on the wrong message board
Posted By: djpoet Re: area51 - 08/12/05 12:15 PM
i have mamae and i cant find hard disk images folder but if im using mame and i got it all screwed up do u kno how to make the chd file work in mame
Posted By: zmagical1 Re: area51 - 08/12/05 12:40 PM
Quote:
i have mamae and i cant find hard disk images folder but if im using mame and i got it all screwed up do u kno how to make the chd file work in mame
Huh?
Posted By: Vas Crabb Re: area51 - 08/12/05 12:43 PM
Yes, MacMAME is MAME for the Mac. If you want helpful answers, can you try to make sense and not take three posts to say anything, and stop talking about the same thing in a million threads.
Posted By: djpoet Re: area51 - 08/12/05 12:54 PM
alright wat i wanna kno is were to put my area51.chd file so my game will run ive tried this mame/roms/area51/area51.chd and it wont work exactly were am i suppost to put the chd file to make it work
Posted By: goldfish Re: area51 - 08/12/05 01:42 PM
Quote:
were am i suppost to put the chd file to make it work
I can think of numerous faintly ribald responses to the above, but I think the most important thing is that you're in the wrong place.

This is the MacMAME message board, which is why there is a large MacMAME logo in the top left-hand corner of the page. If you are using a version of MAME that isn't for Apple Macs, then you really need to look elsewhere. www.mame.net for example.

That said, Brad's original comment (i.e. read the instructions which came with the MAME application, whatever flavour it may be) still holds, and is probably more likely to be useful than posting plaintive messages on discussion fora.

Simon
Posted By: Sandwitchlotter Re: area51 - 08/12/05 09:45 PM
chd games are a pain.I used to download them for that mythical "complete" romset.Not anymore.
Posted By: Brad Oliver Re: area51 - 08/12/05 11:04 PM
Quote:
what do u mean by read the documentation
*bangs forehead against desk repeatedly*
Posted By: patmcfar8 Re: area51 - 08/13/05 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Brad Oliver:
Quote:
[b] what do u mean by read the documentation
*bangs forehead against desk repeatedly* [/b]
Ha! That is just plain awesomely bad. wink
Posted By: Nathan Strum Re: area51 - 08/13/05 03:30 AM
Just goes to prove, that even though we're communicating by the written word more than ever before, it doesn't mean our literacy rate is improving any.
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: area51 - 08/13/05 04:34 AM
The same guy showed up on mame.net. Someone eventually pried out of him that his area51.chd is 6 megs. Mwahahahahahaha.
Posted By: Nathan Strum Re: area51 - 08/13/05 04:52 AM
Well, at least it was a nice, fast download. wink
Posted By: jonceramame Re: area51 - 08/13/05 09:19 AM
Whut abowt tha seequell? Area52?
© Forums