Home Page
Posted By: Spottedfeather No QIX Sound - 10/04/06 03:38 AM
For some reason, Qix will play but there is no sound. As far as I know, it doesn't run on sound samples. Any ideas ? This is the only game that does this.
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: No QIX Sound - 10/04/06 05:13 AM
This is a known bug in either MacMAME or the MAME core that the latest MacMAME is based upon. You either need to wait for a new MacMAME or switch to SDLMAME.
Posted By: Spottedfeather Re: No QIX Sound - 10/04/06 07:19 AM
I don't have the newest MacMAME. I run 0.66. It's the only version that will run on my computer. I've heard that the recent version of MacMAME has a problem with quicktime for some reason and that you should downgrade or something ? I'm not going to do this just to be able to play one game.
Posted By: R. Belmont Re: No QIX Sound - 10/04/06 10:00 AM
If that's the only version that runs on your computer, you're screwed then. It was broken in that version, it's not now. (and the Quicktime problem only occurs with Panther - it runs fine with Tiger). MAME moves quickly, some effort is required to keep up :-)
Posted By: webman2kx Re: No QIX Sound - 10/09/06 07:22 PM
Qix is running fine with me here - with the latest version of MacMame running on an iBook G4 and Tiger.
Posted By: Spottedfeather Re: No QIX Sound - 10/10/06 03:04 AM
I don't know what Panther or Tiger is. I have system 10.3.9. and MacMAME 0.66. My computer is 366 Mhz PowerPC G3, 192 MB SDRAM. Oh, well. Qix isn't that great of a game, anyways. Kind of boring.
Posted By: Vas Crabb Re: No QIX Sound - 10/10/06 06:18 AM
Panther = Mac OS X 10.3.x
Tiger = Mac OS X 10.4.x
© Forums