Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#10523 11/09/04 07:32 AM
L
OP Offline
L
So I finally tried it. Though the games I can get working are all great, I have two problems.

Problem 1:

11 of the 71 games are missing. I've accounted for five, but the other five are a mystery.

Street Fighter EX PLUS (US 970407) - This one is accounted for, it should work once I get the new MAME 0.88u3 set.

Street Fighter EX2 PLUS (parent and both clones) - Missing x2p-05m, x2p-06m, x2p-07m, x2p-08m, x2p-09m and x2p-10m. There are similar files with the 'm' after them missing. I could (and probably will) change these, but ClrMAME Pro won't be very happy with me.

Soul Edge (JP) SO1 Ver. A and Soul Edge Ver. II (JP) SO4 Ver. C - Both say they're missing so1sprg.6d, except that I've checked and I have this file. So why is ZiNc complaining about this?

All four of the Konami GV games - They can't find their CHDs. MAME has no trouble.

Gallop Racer 3 (JP) - Missing gra3u119.119 and gra3u120.120, I have similar files with the extentions. Am I going to have to keep seperate files for this an SFEX2P to keep ClrMAME Pro happy, or are MAME and ZiNc going to syncronize ROM names properly?

Problem 2:

I tried to load Strider 2, and it crashed ZiNc. I tried again, it crashed again. I tried Strider Hiryu 2, it worked. I tried Strider 2 again... it worked. I tried Wedding Rhapsody, it crashed...

What's going on?

For both of these, I'm using the lastest ZiNcGUI as a frontend, and linking ZiNc to the same ROM folder my MAME ROMs are in (C:\MAME\MAME ROMs\). The CHD games are in their respectively named folders, moving them into the main ROM folder makes no difference. MAME 0.88u2 is fine with all of my ROM sets.

If there are simple solutions to these two problems, I can finally be happy.

#10524 11/09/04 08:51 AM
R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Using frontends seems to cause Zinc to have trouble. I strongly suggest running it from a commandline using the default keyboard plugin - any other way of making it run is known to cause false ROM not-found messages and crashing.

ZiNc is known to run all 71 games without crashing if you do not use a third party controller/keyboard plugin.

Also, ZiNc cannot read .zip files created with ZipMax or similar utilities. If you have a file and ZiNc can't see it, unzip and rezip the archive using normal WinZip or the InfoZip commandline suite.

#10525 11/09/04 09:49 AM
With the "show ZiNc output" activated in ZiNc Gui 1.9.5... (i may try with the command promp... but i think it will show the same...)

It's say that for those 2 games (souldedge and souledgb) : ERROR: missing rom file: E:\blabla/souledge.zip [so1sprg.6d]

The only file that seems to be similar to that one in the parent is so1sprc.6d. (clones got that rom file...)

So i'm wondering if is'nt ZiNc who's mistaked by trying to load that file from the parent rom... instead of the one present in the clones...

EDIT: After checking the crc's (2BBC118C)... it's just because so1sprc.6d (souledge) is bad named... (is it normal that even the clone (souledgb) tries to load the one of the parent ?)

All chd's work fine except for hyperath who makes the emu crash... (controller.znc problem)
Quote:
ZiNc is known to run all 71 games without crashing if you do not use a third party controller/keyboard plugin.
Must be true for that game... have to test it... but it may help Dafreak to get some feedback for his Fe. :p

But they not showing correct in the gui... i suppose it's because they are in a subfolders... (i use this opportunaty to thx him for his work laugh )

All other game mentionned in this thread works perfectly with the Fe/Emu. cool (or to be more accurate... they work great for me smile )

In case...:
I use the complete set for M.A.M.E. 32 plus 88u3 (verified by clrmame...), ZiNc 1.0.2 and ZiNc Gui 1.9.5.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad/poor english... i'm a Dutch who lives in Belgium... and who is'nt used to speak/write english. :p

P.S.S.: ZiNc is great laugh ... Thx for everything. laugh

Hi, i'm a viral signature... copy me... to help me spread all over this place
#10526 11/09/04 11:10 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Quote:
Originally posted by R. Belmont:
Also, ZiNc cannot read .zip files created with ZipMax or similar utilities. If you have a file and ZiNc can't see it, unzip and rezip the archive using normal WinZip or the InfoZip commandline suite.
I thought about that, so I extracted Soul Edge and recompressed it with WinRAR. No difference.

It's not that it can't read the zip files anyway, it's insisting that files are missing. So it can see most of the files inside the zip archives just fine.

Bah, I held off on updating ZiNc to avoid problems like this. Since I don't really want to go without a frontend, I'll have to wait until ZiNcGUI gets fixed.

#10527 11/09/04 11:43 AM
Z
Z
I fixed the problem easily. Open your souledge.zip and rename the "so1sprc.6d" to "so1sprg.6d". Done!

You can test this by typing "zinc 50" at a command prompt.

#10528 11/09/04 11:51 AM
I've tryed that for my testing purpose...

It fix the stuff for launching both games...

But for souledgb it must be inaccurate since it use the so1sprg.6d from the parent rom... instead of his 1...

#10529 11/09/04 11:53 AM
Z
Z
Also, I do not experience any of the crashes you spoke of earlier. I played Strider 2 for quite awhile tonight, and many other games as well, and Zinc runs rock solid. I really think teh problems you have are stemming from the frontend you use. Why not just use the command line? While some emulators with thousands of games to choose from may be a pain running from a command line (Mame), ZInc only supports 71 games, all of which you can easily list by typing "zinc --list-games" from a command prompt. Then simply typing "zinc" and the number of the game will boot it up. It really is one of the easiest command line emulators I have ever used.

#10530 11/09/04 11:56 AM
Z
Z
Quote:
Originally posted by R3troVirus:
I've tryed that for my testing purpose...

It fix the stuff for launching both games...

But for souledgb it must be inaccurate since it use the so1sprg.6d from the parent rom... instead of his 1...
I ONLY have that rom in the parent rom, so you have something funky going on with your romset. Use logiqx's clrmame dat and rebuild yourself a Zinc v1.0.1 romset in a new directory. This is what I do myself. I don't like Zinc sharing the romfiles in my Mame folder. The full Zinc set is only like 1.35GB anyway...

#10531 11/09/04 12:06 PM
Quote:
rebuild yourself a Zinc v1.0.1 romset
Well my all my roms work perfectly with ZiNc... why should i make another rom set for it ?

What you're telling have no sense... since ZiNc is supposed to follow the M.A.M.E.-set for this present version... (maybe when some roms will change after this ZiNc version i'll do a directoruy for... but now is'nt needed)

By the way this is about a prob with the set for 1.0.2. and not 1.0.1. ...
Quote:
In case...:
I use the complete set for M.A.M.E. 32 plus 88u3 (verified by clrmame...), ZiNc 1.0.2 and ZiNc Gui 1.9.5.
But you're partially right since the so1sprg.6d is virtually the same at all points for the clones (but different for the parent rom... check your crc's...)...

And just for notice... souledga use is own... and not the 1 from the parent...

#10532 11/09/04 12:12 PM
Z
Z
WHat I am telling you makes perfect sense. While your roms may be working perfectly with the current Mame set now, what is to say that the roms that Mame uses do not change down the road (even jsut the name), and Zinc does not keep up with it? At that point Zinc will no longer load that specific game because of the name change. This is why it is a good idea in my opinion to create a separate romset just for Zinc.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  R. Belmont 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Dorando, Lord Nightmare, 1 invisible), 27 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,836
Posts116,223
Members4,921
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020