Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
O
Well, I upgraded my quicktime 6 point something with 7.1.1 and had this problem, so I think it does.

Quote:
Originally posted by Desolate One:
The reinstaller wouldn't let me select my volume. Did you read my post?

C
It seems to me that you said you didn't even try the Pacifist route. Please, be kind, you've a problem, we don't.

Update for QuickTime 7.1.1 Applied, all Mac OS X and Security Updates as well. Problem still exists. Mac OS 10.4.6, iMac G4 / 800. Is anyone else still having the problem? Is there anything more that I can do .. ? I'm frustrated. Sorry!

Is anyone else having this problem? Am I the only one? Is there anything I can do to get MacMAME to work? Since there haven't been any replies recently, I think either 1) I am the only one experiencing this issue, or 2) No one can offer a solution.

(Actually, I have been able to get MacMAME to work. I guess my post(s) here have really been unnecessary. Want to know how? Do the following: Go to System Preferences => System => Startup Disk. In the Window that appears, choose "Mac OS 9.2.2" as the Startup Volume. After the computer starts up using 9.2.2, simply find and use a version of MacMAME that does not need or require Mac OS 10.x. If you are having the same problem that I am having and do not have a Mac. that can use Mac OS 9.2.2 as a Startup System Folder, too bad, I guess! laugh )

C
C
Since the link in step 2 downloads to 7.0.4, that renders the rest of this process null. Where can I get Quicktime 7.0.3? Thanks for any help.

G
G
Originally Posted By RidgeKuhn

1. First, you need to navigate to your hard disk, and locate the Library->Receipts folder. Find the file QuickTime71.pkg, and send that thing to the Trash!

2. Next, since Apple removed the 7.0.1 download, we have to get a newer version, and roll it back. Let's go with 7.0.3 Go here:
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/quicktime703.html
and download that file, and mount the disc image. Do NOT open the package just yet!

3. Now it's time to overwrite that pesky 7.1! Download the most-excellent app "Pacifist" from here:
http://www.charlessoft.com/
Pacifist lets us get by that "Apple Installer needs to run a program to let you know you can't install the program you want to install because we assume you're completely stupid" problem.

Open up Pacifist, and click on "Open Package". Navigate to your 7.0.3 installer image, and select the 7.0.3 installer package.

Once Pacifist starts installing the new old QT, whenever it asks you if you want to replace or update a file, always replace it!

When it's finished, reboot!

Throw some money to this guy if you can afford it, this little program has saved lots of lives! I think he only asks for $20.

4. Next grab the 7.0.1 reinstaller for 7.0.3.
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/quicktime701reinstallerforquicktime703.html

Run it as usual, reboot, and you're good to roll!

same issue as everyone here, macmame wont launch on mac osx 10.3.9. i've tried the steps above replacing the quicktime 7.0.3 installer for the 7.0.2 as i can't find it on the mac site (as somebody noted the page for 7.0.3 actually downloads 7.0.4), deleted the quicktime receipt packages greater than 7.0.2 go through the steps using Pacifist and quicktime simply does not revert back to 7.0.2. the uninstaller suggested does not work ether (says i do not have a suitable version of quicktime).

a+
gar

D
D
Just did this downgraded from 7.1.3 down to 7.0.1, and Mame is running again.

I simply followed the steps EXACTLY as written.

Except for step 4 you must download the 7.0.1 reinstaller for 7.0.4 which is on the same apple web site.

Never let your kids, hit INSTALL THESE UPDATES!!!!

Thanks for the help, as always, works well. That Pacifist program is a nifty little application, glad I found that as well. smile

Aggressor

C
C
As of November 30, 2006, it appears that Apple no longer offers the 7.0.x installers/downgraders on their site, and a rather exhaustive Google search (and subsequent sand-digging) has yielded no alternative download sites (they all link back to Apple's site, which only supports 7.1.3 now).

Anyone have any other suggestions for downgrading/fixing the problem? Thank you in advance for the assistance, no matter what outcome it may hold.

V
V

C
C
Ok, so I found a place with the 6.5.2 installer after some more digging around.

http://www.macmusic.org/software/version.php/lang/en/id/114/

While it may not give the functionality one may be looking for in Quicktime these days, it allows at least some Quicktime function, as well as getting past the pesky 7.1 bit.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Pernod, Vas Crabb, 1 invisible), 35 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,132
Posts119,654
Members5,029
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com