Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#11998 08/09/05 09:37 AM
A
OP Offline
A
A while back Vitaflo created a front end launcher for all of his Emulators and Roms written in DHTML/Javascript/Perl. It inspired me to write my own front end so that I could play RBI baseball on my HDTV. EMUlaunch is a front end for 15 different gaming consoles, including MacMAME.
[ edit removed previous info, I just realized its all way off now, see post below ]

#11999 08/12/05 04:49 AM
M
M
I like'd it, needs to support png's thought. Also would like to be able to use alias' of roms and screenshot folders instead of moving everything. Would love to see more of these frontend pop up.

#12000 01/25/06 03:22 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Long time since I posted any news on a update. EMUlaunch is a completely different beast now. Its actually a stand alone app now and is getting close to a final release, a lot of new options have been added. http://emulaunch.com/downloads/nightlies/

- EMUlaunch is now set up to launch 15 different emulators. MacMAME, Atari 2600/5200, Coleco, Nes, Sega Master, TG16, Game Boy, Genesis, Atari Lynx, Super Nintendo, Virtual Boy, Playstation, N64, and Game Boy Advanced.
- Uses the finder to load games, so games must be set to launch with their respective emulator. This is actually a good thing though, since you can have some games open in SNES9x and others in BSNES.
- PNG support
- 32 character file limit on screenshots fixed.
- Preferences are now saved to ~/Library/Emulaunch-games.xml and ~/Library/Emulaunch-mame.xml, this means that new upgrades to EMUlaunch will not require you to re-input the values for all of your emulators. Pressing reset preferences will no longer "reset" preferences, it will simply allow you to update your current values.
- True Full screen support

Hope its useful to others as a tv or cabinet front end. I know Vitaflo has been working on an update to his system as well, so maybe this will suffice until then wink

#12001 01/26/06 06:50 AM
Recently downloaded the FrontEnd Launcher EMULaunch and was impressed. Not only is it a usable solution to multiple emulators, but the developer quickly replied to my emails and got me up and running. I like where it is and can't wait to see where is goes. Great work on this !!!

#12002 01/27/06 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by agallisa:
- Uses the finder to load games, so games must be set to launch with their respective emulator.
Forgive me from being dim, but what does this mean, exactly?

I'm looking forward to having a set-up that will use this. My vision is a G5 dual-core attached to a 1024x1024 90+cm screen via DVI.

Sean Aaron
#12003 01/28/06 12:13 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Well you just have to make sure to use the Get Info command on each of your roms and have them set to "Open With" their emulator. This is important for MacMAME to avoid opening up any of those zips with Stuffit.

The one benefit with this approach is that you can set certain games to open with different emulators. So if you want a game to open automatically with BSNES and another with SNES9x this is possible (where as in Frontends such as MAMEwah this is not).

#12004 01/28/06 03:29 AM
If they all have the same suffix (i.e. .nes) you can just set them all to open in the same app through one getinfo window.

-Mahuti

-------------------------------
localarcade.com
#12005 01/31/06 03:05 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Some pretty big bugs have been squashed in the latest build of EMUlaunch (you can check out the full change log there). A new option has been added to show just the screenshot in a much bigger space.

#12006 01/31/06 07:54 AM
M
Online Content
M
Quote:
Originally posted by seanraaron:
Quote:
Originally posted by agallisa:
[b] - Uses the finder to load games, so games must be set to launch with their respective emulator.
Forgive me from being dim, but what does this mean, exactly?

I'm looking forward to having a set-up that will use this. My vision is a G5 dual-core attached to a 1024x1024 90+cm screen via DVI. [/b]
You can use an application like QuickChange to change the type and creator of your ROM Set files to open MacMAME when you Double-Click them.

The Type is pZIP, and the Creator is eMuL (Case is important)

The following statement is true...
The preceding statement is false.
#12007 02/13/06 11:53 PM
Okay, I decided to give this a go anyway, even if I only use MacMAME and only have an iBook to display upon. Looks good, but one thing that seems to be missing is the ability to change games via controller alone -- at least I cannot seem to do it with my Logitech Dual Action pad: either with d-pad or analogue sticks.

Is there a trick or is this feature just missing? Otherwise groovy application. Only other request would be ability to choose between different sets of artwork: screenshot and title screenshot for instance, or the option to display marquees and control panels in the selection screen would also be very cool. Basically just make it into an un-integrated MacMAME alternative front-end.

Sean Aaron
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (R. Belmont, Lord Nightmare, robcfg), 42 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,836
Posts116,223
Members4,921
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020