Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Martin Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I don't know, but that sounds to me like it's just because Brad hasn't released 0.102 source for macmame yet.

Sounds like something has changed in the mame core that isn't reflected in the 0.97u1 macmame code yet.

just a guess mind!

CRP Offline
If there's a note of sarcasm in your answer, I'll ignore it, otherwise sorry if I misunderstood, English is a foreign language to me.
Anyway, since to usual answer to "Where is a new release???" is "Start coding", that's exactly what I am trying to do, despite my obvious limits.

So, really, any help to reconcile "old" 0.97 MacMame sources with "new" 0.102 mame sources would be greatly appreciated. If that is unfeasible, let me know and I'll drop my efforts...

S
smf Offline
S
Quote:
Originally posted by CRP:
So, really, any help to reconcile "old" 0.97 MacMame sources with "new" 0.102 mame sources would be greatly appreciated. If that is unfeasible, let me know and I'll drop my efforts...
Version 0.100 changed alot of struct xxxx to just xxxx ( they are now typedef's ). Generally removing the "struct" bit works, but some of them were renamed. Searching in the src/windows directory for similar code or in the src/*.h files ought to make it clear what they are.

IIRC the 0.100 source came with an incomplete list as well.

It's doable, dosmame & xmame have both been updated. I assume that Brad has done it too, but hasn't released it yet.

smf

CRP Offline
I am replacing all the "struct some_thing" with "some_thing" right now... let's see if that does the trick wink

M
Martin Offline OP
OP Offline
M
No sarcasm intended at all - honestly!!

CRP Offline
Success!
Taking a few shortcuts, I was able to get MacMame 0.102 to compile wink
Tried a few games and looks like it is working, still needs some testing, though...

CRP Offline
here's a link to the build of MacMame 0.102 I threw together:

MacMame_102_Unofficial.zip
MacMameSource_102_Unofficial.zip

Please let me know if it works for you...

CRP

C
C
CRP Wrote:
> here's a link to the build of MacMame 0.102 I
> threw together:
>
> MacMame_102.app.zip
>
> Please let me know if it works for you...

I just ran your build of MacMame sucessfully on my dual 2.5Ghz G5 (Sept 2004) OSX 10.4.3.

WOW! This is the best Christmas present *I* got this year!! :-) Thank you! The main reason I wanted a new build of MAME is because the thumps in Asteroids were fixed. (See here and here )

I played about two dozen games so far without any troubles. And the thumps in Asteroids sound GREAT!

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

-Chris Johnson

C
C
After further tinkering, it doesn't seem to read my config files. So each time I launch this build, I have to re-map my keys for each game.

-Chris Johnson

CRP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Johnson:
After further tinkering, it doesn't seem to read my config files. So each time I launch this build, I have to re-map my keys for each game.

-Chris Johnson
hmmm not sure what's causing this. Some trials here suggest that there's some kind of conflict between MacMame 0.97u1 and 0.102 in the way XML is parsed... if I delete default.cfg and reset general key settings, they work. If I then launch 0.97u1 eveything is reset back to factory default.

I will have a better look into it tomorrow...

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (AJR, Pernod), 33 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,921
Posts117,205
Members4,989
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com