Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Z
Z
http://www.bannister.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=26;DaysPrune=20

C
C
I use a blank page because I rarely wish to visit the same site EVERY time I start my browser. I now find it really annoying when I launch a browser and there is a start page. I find myself impatiently clicking the stop button.

I do outsource IT work for one of my jobs. When configuring a new machine I used to specify a blank start page, but too many of my customers wondered "why the internet didn't work on their computer," so I started asking what they wanted for their start page and setting it up that way.

-Chris

NO kidding on that.

I design websites... if I had a start page open every time I spawned a new browser window I'd go nuts.

My cousing came over and opened a browser, and was like... "is your internet down" just cause I don't have a freakin start page. Bleh.

LAME.

On my PC, arcadecontrols.org is the start page, however. I may have to turn that off, too.

-Mahuti

-------------------------------
localarcade.com
about: blank

J
J
I use iwon.com. For 2 reasons.

1 - I might win a zillion dollars, so it's nice to get "points" just automatically generated for opening my web-browser.

2 - It is a nice front page of links and news.

Jon

I've used a blank page for years born out of the frustration of slow internet links or worse, graphics-laden websites that seem to usually be the default. When I launch a browser, it's not to go to some portal site and I prefer the browser to launch before I start looking a pages. Works nicely.

Sean Aaron
It's a blank page for me too.
Regards,
Paolo

S
smf Offline
S
Quote:
Originally posted by John Hood:
about: blank
me too, I did use about: mozilla for a while but that no longer has the same effect ( it gave you a blue page ).

However, when trying to remember about the mozilla thing I discovered you can put any kind of text in there & even include html markup:

about:<b>Error 400 internet does not work</b>

smf

Drudgereport.com

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
6 members (Golden Child, Dam0, Pernod, r09, 2 invisible), 38 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,921
Posts117,204
Members4,989
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com