Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
Hi, I am new to MacMame.

I wanted to play time crisis and teenage mutant ninja turtles to name a couple, but when loading the games it comes up with an error saying that several of the files are missing.

I have copied several of the bios.zip files to the roms folder (tps.zip, konamigx.zip, taitofx.zip, cvs.zip, playch10.zip and neogeo.zip) but those games still do not work.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,
Crocks32

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Time Crisis and TMNT don't need BIOS ROMs AFAIK, so that's not the problem.

Maybe your TMNT and Time Crisis ROM sets are out of date. Try getting up to date sets.

i am having a similar problem. im trying to play windjammers flying disk and it says that im missing these files

sfix.sfx
sp-s2.sp1
sp-s.sp1
usa_2slt.bin
sp-e.sp1
asia-s3.rom
vs-bios.rom
sp-j2.rom
sp1.jipan.1024
sm1.sm1
000-lo.lo

i got hooked on this game at a local bar and some drunk jerk went and snaped off the joysticks and they just got rid of the arcade machine. please help me out

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
shadow: you need a BIOS set called "neogeo.zip". You should be able to find it whereever you got the other ROMs.

I have done that already or perhaps i did it wrong. does the zip have to stay zipped? I read that you put it in the roms folder. In documents right? Do you need to restart the computer? One more question does mac mame suport usb game pads?

I have been spending some time checking which files are where and I see that the neogeo.zip is missing one of the files I need which is sp1.jipan.1024. the files are also in a folder called neogeo.zip, but nothing is showing up im running tiger and 0.103u2. I have also read that the rom version matters too. How do I check what rom version I have

Mame supports usb game pads, the better question is does mac support your game pad? Check out the game controller post, there are a list and review of game pads.

Find another neogeo bios file from another source, you may have a bad file.

GP2X, your portable emulation fix.
ok check the game works. but i dont see a way to configure the keyboard or a usb game pad, and yes my game pad works with my other emulators.

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
For boot ROMs like neogeo.zip, it really has to be a zip file with .zip at the end of the name. For games, it can be a zip file, or a folder.

S
S
hit TAB while you're playing a game to configure the keyboard and game pad.

Darrell Spice, Jr.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (robcfg, 1 invisible), 36 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,836
Posts116,223
Members4,921
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020