Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
K
Is the screen angle a bit strange on that machine? It would seem like something a bit more vertical would be nicer if you're gunna drop that much dough.

J
J
Well, it's built more like a mini-cab than a Big upright. So, it's more like standing and looking down. Also, it's a 19" LCD that's very crisp. They don't do smoothing really, but it doesn't hurt. Millipede and Mr. Do! played awesome for me. There really aren't any games on there like the more modern vertical scrollers with the extra detail.

So, really, I think that what you're paying for is a solid, well built machine with real Happ Controls and no issues with trying to set up MAME, build your own controls, and figure out T-moulding routering.

For those of us who love our soldering irons, this is not a machine for us. But for someone who wants stuff prebuilt, and who's already paid for a pool table, a juke box, and a bar, I'd recommend they drop $2000 for one of these to complete their den.

Jon

If you're going to buy something like that... I'd recommend something with more class.

http://www.quasimoto.com/quasicade/quasicade-pro.php

-Mahuti

-------------------------------
localarcade.com
E
E
Totally get a quasicade. They rock. Play any game you want, even MAME. If you're going to spend 2-3 grand on a machine, Quasimoto Quasicade is the way to go!

But Ultracade isn't the one who claim the Mame's Logo/name some time ago?

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
That was a misunderstanding. It has long since been cleared up.

M
M
I thought they'd gone down the pan! However, it is pretty obvious i was wrong in that assumption then smile

[EDIT] I also always just assumed the very steep prices was because like a lot of these things, weren't they designed for commercial use in arcades?

I know the arcade i used to go in as a kid (and still visit once in a blue moon) imported one from the US a few years ago. It was very good IMHO - and i even put cash in it to play games i had the originals of at home on occasions - but it only saw two seasons of very limited use (and presumably income) before ending up on the scrap heap the same as all the other classics.

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
Ultracade did go out of business for like a 5th time, but this time they were bought out by GlobalVR (who's business model is primarily putting bad licensed knockoffs of popular EA Sports games in arcade cabinets).

S
S
There's also Awesome Arcades . $1800 (add $41 if you want the spinner) and free shipping in the continental USA. Has a 21" monitor

Darrell Spice, Jr.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (MAMEBase), 65 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,879
Posts116,775
Members4,958
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com