Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Just have to do a little shameless self-promotion here...

I've been contributing game graphics to a new Atari 2600 cartridge, programmed by Bob Montgomery, that's being released only during the holidays by AtariAge.

If you have a dusty old 2600 sitting around, that's lonely and spends all of its time wondering why you haven't fed it any new games in 22 years, and questions the very nature of your relationship with it, then you should check out the homebrew scene for the Atari 2600.

There are some really exceptional games being created for the 2600 (or VCS for you real old schoolers out there), and AtariAge is giving away this new game - Reindeer Rescue - if you buy some stuff from them (or you can just buy the cart by itself).

I own a number of homebrews, and have played many in Stella, and the programmers are really pushing the 2600 to do some pretty amazing things. Of course, the bottom line is that the games need to be fun, and many are.

Star Fire and Seawolf are first-rate translations of the coin-op classics. Strat-O-Gems Deluxe is an adaptation of Columns-like games, that's every bit as addictive as other puzzle games. The list goes on and on.

I usually don't pimp for other sites, but nobody really makes any kind of money off this stuff. It's done for the fun of it. And if you're a fan of the 2600, it's worth checking out.

(And there are no Mahjong games, either.) laugh

AtariAge Blog
You scum. I can't believe you post garbage like this on the MacMAME site.

heh.

-Mahuti

-------------------------------
localarcade.com
OP Offline
Yeah, I should be banned or something.

Richard, could you ban me?

Thanks. smile

AtariAge Blog
And if the dust is just too heavy to remove you can go out and buy a flashback 2.0 console and mod it with a 2600 game port. That's what I plan on doing this xmas.

would it be a crime to run these roms on an emulator if you didn't have a 2600-"mummy and daddy cant afford it"??

OP Offline
Most of the homebrew ROMs are freely available . Reindeer Rescue will be downloadble probably after the holidays.

(If a ROM doesn't show up in that list, some games you can find by sifting through the homebrew forum , or at the 2005 MiniGame competition website.)

Of course... owning a cart is much cooler.
cool

AtariAge Blog
S
S
The Atari 2600 is looking like the coming years must have console. smile

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000830069795/

"Most of the homebrew ROMs are freely available. Reindeer Rescue will be downloadble probably after the holidays."

exellent! I just wish i hadnt gave my atari away all those years ago....[although it did used to overheat and switch off after 5 or 6 hours]....

S
S
I ordered Crazy Balloon, Sea Wolf, 2005 minigame multicart to get the free Reindeer Runner, plus I ordered an extra Reindeer Rescue for my nephews smile

Darrell Spice, Jr.
M
M
Sweet ! smile

Ordered Space Instigators, Thrust and Reindeer thingies!

Nice one! Don't know why, but i didn't know anyone was writing for the 2600 - been a bit of a retro console week for me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (gspat, robcfg), 38 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,933
Posts117,404
Members4,994
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com