Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
The holiday season is upon us once again, which means that Mac users' favorite holiday - MacWorld Expo - is just around the corner, and as always, the rumor mills are all a-twittter with speculation about what Santa Jobs is going to bring to all the good little consumer girls and boys.

So... what do you think Santa Jobs is going to bring you, come January 10th?

What's Steve going to introduce at MacWorld Expo?
multiple choice
Votes accepted starting: 01/01/70 12:00 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

AtariAge Blog
OP Offline
I should also point out, you can vote for more than one item. smile

AtariAge Blog
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
The real question is will he bring Zwarte Piet with him ;-)

I don't remember ever anticipating the MacWorld Expo as much as this one. 2006 is going to be VERY interesting for Apple.

Will MacWorld Expo really bring the first Intel Macs? Will they only be iBooks and Mac Minis? Will they be single core or dual core? Will they ship in January or February? When will the pro line see Intel inside? And what new iPod revision might be released that gives all of the holiday shoppers buyers remorse? wink

Dudes... if they come out with an apple product to replace the Tivo in my house I'm buying 2 of them. I used to consider Tivo a great mac-like product... Now I consider them TOO Mac-Like, they have an insane idea that I should care about ANY other feature in a DVR besides being able to record 2 shows at one time. They also have ignored Apple interoperability with the tivo-to-go features, and that really burns me. Even if the payoff wasn't very good, we Apple people are so crazy that the word of mouth would have been great. As it is... I've been badmouthing them since they announced Tivo-to-go would be Pee cee only. I can't stand tivo anymore and I'd gladly replace it with anything better. Right now there is nothing better, though. If apple came out with a good DVR... I'm sure it would be better, it sure wouldn't take much based on the crap that's out their now.

Based on what thinksecret.com says... the chip that will be put in these new devices will be Viiv enabled, which bodes well for DVR capabilities.

-Mahuti

-------------------------------
localarcade.com
^^^ I'm in the same boat as you... I love the idea of Tivo more than I like Tivo itself. I'd love nothing more than to replace it with an alternative from Apple.

I dont have tivo , but I use bittorrents to catch [uk] terrestrial broadcasts I have missed recently. Currently that technically breaks copyright.......give me convenience or give me death!!!

T
T
Why would Apple sell you a Tivo-like device (to record TV shows over the air), when they want you to buy TV shows over the internet?

tim lindner
tlindner@macmess.org
J
J
First of all, Jobs is too granola for Zwarte Piet. He'd redesign him as an alibino pacifist! wink

2nd of all, a Tivo like device for Mac would surely entail either $ for the privelege of watching shows or forced commericials because they are too respectful of DRM. (Anyone remember MacOSRumors.com's (or was it another rumors site?) repeated articles in the late 90's on convergence with quicktime streaming? It's getting closer. The line between xbox and windows is getting thinner and thinner.)

3rd I love my directv tivo. Wouldn't give it up for anything. 2 tuners, a zillion channels, easily upgraded HD. It does exactly what it says simply and right every time. Even my wife can use it without problems. I paid $50 after rebate and $5 a month for the service. How much would Apple charge?

4th all I want from Steve Jobs is a rom-less, hardware-free MacOSX for Intel. I want to build my own box from Tigerdirect. Everything else at Macworld will be smoke and mirrors until that day comes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Golden Child), 19 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,102
Posts119,263
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com