Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
N
N
Now that keyboard is awesome...I want one too!!

S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by hatoncat:
In addition, many more people I know have wanted to use Mac OS X, but simply do not want to give up Windows, and carrying around two laptops is not an option.
I know a number of people that feel exactly the same.

Darrell Spice, Jr.
J
J
I'd probably use MacOSX about 95% of the time, but the 5% of the time I wanted to boot into Windows would be priceless. Virtual PC just doesn't cut it because everything I want to use it for is some burning or conversion software not easily accomplished on the Mac.

I really, really can't see Microsoft doing anything at all to slow this down. The sale of Virtual PC can't be _that_ much of a money maker.

*A totally naive/impractical(likely impossible), but FUN thought...* remember the old Macs that had the Windows (intel) card inside and were truly "dual boot" - I'd love a dual-core laptop that simply had Windows and Mac running on either "core", depending on the need. Just alt/command-tab yourself to whichever running OS you wanted. Maybe allocate a % of cycles to each OS as you saw fit?

Now _that_, _that_ would be sweet. */A totally naive/impractical(likely impossible), but FUN thought...*

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
With VMware ESX, you can do that kind of thing on multi-processor PCs: the hypervisor makes each OS believe it's running on its own PC. If VMware port it for us, I for one will be very happy.

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
Most of my (non-work) Windows usage is inside VMWare Workstation. It's more than snappy enough for compiling/debugging code, and you can "save state" it just like a game emulator. I would imagine there'll be an Intel OSX port - there's certainly very little reason not to.

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
VMware Workstation is great until you want to do some serious network stuff. They've improved the networking heaps since VMware Workstation 4 - it's quite usable in 5 - but VMware GSX and VMware ESX leave Workstation for dead.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Olivier Galibert), 42 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,882
Posts116,799
Members4,962
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com