Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
japtor Offline OP
OP Offline
J
figured someone here might want to gut one for mame, or perhaps even get into the pcb world. or whatever.

this will have to be local (within 20 minutes of me or so) if i deliver, unless youre willing to drive and pick it up yourself, or give a ridiculous offer i guess. im in the newport beach/irvine area of orange county, very near uci, pretty near the 73-55 junction.

everything seems to be in working order from what i could tell from the few minutes i actually played a game on it. its clean inside too. doesnt have any locks or anything, but at least it has a coin mech, which i havent tested, but can only assume works (going by the general condition of everything else).

its basically this cab, but all black, with a blue control panel:

it IS this cab, (but no galuda for you!):

if youre wondering about the marquee, i didnt check it out long, but it just looked like a cheapo printout. buttons and sticks feel like the usual happ variety, 3 buttons and start per player. they all felt fine (not brand new or anything, but didnt notice any problems). i think i saw some sort of extra button harness (jamma+?, kick?) in there, if that matters. i didnt measure or anything, but im guessing the screen is 25" (or around there). i assume the monitor can be rotated (as in the mk cab), its just a generic midway cab. no clue if the monitor can do medium or high res.

and if you act now, ill throw in prisoners of war, and the marquee!

well, if you want them at least. pow is a horizontal game, so on this cab youd either have play sideways, or rotate the monitor to play it properly. i dont have any attachment to the pcb, but i like the marquee as a tank backdrop for the comedic value. i havent even checked to see if it fits actually, both the cab and marquee look like standard fare size wise, im guessing it would fit.

im hoping for $250, or best offer.

im trying to get rid of it while its still in my truck...cause its heavy as hell and i dont want to move it more than once (and i cant just keep it there for long cause i need to transport ladders for some stuff soon). and on the 'heavy' note, be prepared to have a friend or two help move it, unless you are a freakish musclebound gamer (although i might be able to get my friend to help if needed).

Man... too bad I don't still live in HB.

-Mahuti

-------------------------------
localarcade.com
Wait a minute... since when did you move to Missouri?

AtariAge Blog
Dude... I HAD to move here in June. When I moved to California with my (then) newlywed wife, I never told her we'd be out there forever. After 7 years she decided she wanted to move back to St. Louis to start a family. I'm from Kansas City (on the other side of the state) and I left to Cali for a good reason. Now don't get me wrong, Missouri is pretty and all, good salt-of-the-earth type people and what-not... but it has FREAKING SEASONS!!! I should have NEVER come back here... I hate it here, and I'm miserable.

Oh well, such is life. :-/ Seriously though, I just don't belong here. Anyway, I have been taking trips to California every few months... whenever I have an excuse. It's my home, regardless of my current location. So... give me a call next time you'll be at the {Reagan Years} (insert arcade parameter) maybe I'll fly out to meet you. That being said... Japtor's cab won't qualify as a carry on.

-Mahuti

localarcade.com
Oh, and if you're ever in the Saint Louis area, you can play your old defender. The control panel is now Defender certified... with the correct defender configuration. Side art stencils are coming soon to complete the package.

-Mahuti

localarcade.com
J
japtor Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Quote:
Anyway, I have been taking trips to California every few months... whenever I have an excuse.
what, this doesnt count as an excuse?!

btw, any chance that you have some friends back in cali that would be interested?

Quote:
Originally posted by mahuti:
So... give me a call next time you'll be at the {Reagan Years} (insert arcade parameter) maybe I'll fly out to meet you.
The last few times I've been by there, it's been closed. The games are still inside, but I couldn't get in the place. From the comments posted at Classic Arcade Game Locations , it doesn't look like they've repaired them yet, either. :annoyed:

Sorry to hear you're not liking your new surroundings so much though. It sucks living some place you don't like.

AtariAge Blog

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Lord Nightmare, robcfg), 21 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,941
Posts117,543
Members4,994
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com