Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14560 04/03/06 06:11 AM
J
OP Offline
J
I am trying to find an adaptor to use my xarcade controller on my mac does anyone know of an adaptor that works with axarcade and usb on a mac ? the xarcade site had one but they are backordered due to chip shortages ? Can someone please help me find another to work with the mac usb

I
I
They have them in stock now.

J
J
Hi there:

I've got an official Xarcade USB adapter but, like many users, I find that the joystick sometimes 'sticks' for a moment -- which can be very frustrating in some games.

My solution was to buy a Playstaion adapter for the Xarcade (cheaper than the USB), then run that through two identical PS-USB adapters (from somewhere like lik-sang.com).

Works a treat!

J
OP Offline
J
I just got the usb controller adaptor for my xarcade single joystick but I cant get it to work any help would be greatly appreciated

J
J
Have you set-up a joystick in MacMame before? If not, I suggest you check out the general guidance on doing that (in short, start up a game, get past the intro screens and press 'tab' to navigate through the menus).

I that's not the problem, can you explain some more about what you mean by 'Not working'? Does MacMame respond to the joystick at all? You know that the Xarcade is really just pretending to be a keyboard? Go to text edit and wiggle the joystick. Do you get some text input?

Let me know!

gdk Offline
I've been wondering lately about these intermittent sticking problems that we X-Arcade users have been experiencing through the USB adapter. If this issue can be corrected by routing the connection through a PSX adapter and then a PSX-USB adapter... shouldn't there be some sort of single USB solution? I've never been able to understand why only a very small number of USB adapters seem to work with the X-Arcade (especially since I've had one since they were selling the Y-Mouse as their adapter).

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
The sticking issue isn't limited to the X-Arcade - it's a common problem with PS/2>USB adaptors. At work we have massive banks of KVM switches in our machine room to allow a single keyboard/monitor/mouse to be switched between as many as thirty computers. The KVM switches use PS/2 I/O, and we use PS/2>USB adaptors for computers without PS/2 ports. There isn't a single brand of adaptor that doesn't suffer from occasional sticking.

J
J
I should confirm, I was talking about Playstation 2, not PS/2

Yeah, a single USB solution would be great. I tried the SmartJoy Dual Plus (2 x playstation input, 1 x USb output) but only the first playstation controller is recognised by Macmame…

Anyone know of a dual Playstation adapter with 2 functioning slots?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Pernod), 59 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,837
Posts116,231
Members4,921
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020