Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
I should have CHD games by the weekend and I'll see how well they run. I would love to run bootcamp but alas I have no sp2 full install disks. When I do get my hands on one I'll let everyone know, unless someone else beat me to the punch.

GP2X, your portable emulation fix.
I've tried out a few games on my new iMac (Intel duel core). No problems, in fact it's wonderful to play those games that were no longer playable on my 500 mhz G4 computer.

This is only a practice life.
Your real life starts in 15 minutes.
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks to you all for the input. Since I'm mostly an old school gamer (1979-1985) it should work just fine.

-Tom

--Tom
MacMAME Author
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by T. Slayton:
I understand that a universal binary version of MacMAME will be a long time coming (if ever)
Wow, where did you hear that from? I know it wasn't me.

Online Content
Quote:
Originally posted by Brad Oliver:
Quote:
Originally posted by T. Slayton:
[b] I understand that a universal binary version of MacMAME will be a long time coming (if ever)
Wow, where did you hear that from? I know it wasn't me. [/b]
Ah now Brad, you should know by now that, in the absence of any firm word from developers, end users like to make things up... :rolleyes:

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
To be fair, assuming a long delay between MacMAME releases isn't exactly taking a risk smile

S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Vas Crabb:
NeoGeo hardware isn't the most demanding thing to emulate. How does it go with something a bit more demanding? Say Taito F3 or Konami GX?
Adding to that: How do the following run: Primal Rage, MK 1-3, Power Drift, Rampage World Tour, Alpine Racer, Outrun, and Hard Drivin'?

All those games will have to wait for a universal binary, but out of PR, MK 1-3 (and ultimate), PD, RWT, AR, OR, and HD. The one that ran the best was Rampage world tour.

GP2X, your portable emulation fix.
T
OP Offline
T
Wow. I guess I stepped on the developer's toes. I meant no disrespect.

Immediately after the intel macs were released somebody asked about an Intel build and Mr. Oliver's response was:

"I'd recommend sit and wait."

I was simply taking his advice.

Sorry y'all. I'll fade back in to the wallpaper now...

--Tom
T
OP Offline
T
Also a paragraph from Brad's blog:

"as for MacMAME, I update it in my spare time. I've been waiting to do a new release when I get time to make it universal, but I may just punt on that and do a PPC-only release since that's easy."

In the future, Iwill be very careful to cite my sources so as not to be accused of "making things up" again.

Thank you again, Brad for your work on MacMAME. Mr. Bannister is correct on one thing, I am an end user and totally dependent on the goodwill of programmers like you for my gaming fix. Whether a universal binary comes along next month or next year, I will appreciate whatever version I have on my hard drive every time I drop in my virtual quarter.

--Tom
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dorando), 47 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,837
Posts116,231
Members4,921
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020