Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Integra Offline OP
OP Offline
This question may have been asked before, but it is new for me.

Each time I use a newer version of MacMAME, it seems that less games work with the newer version of MacMAME than did the previous version. ROMs that worked with older versions of MacMAME now don't seem to work. Does something need to be done to the ROM files to make them compatible with newer versions of MacMAME (One title specifically is "OutRun", from 1986. No version of this ROM that I have in the folder works anymore)? Is there a link or page that describes what needs to be done, in order for ROMs to work with newer versions of MacMAME? If anyone can help (please provide as much detail as you can, describing what I need to do to get the ROMs to work), I would be appreciative. In advance, thank you.

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
One thing you can do is check your ROMs against MAWS - oftentimes simply renaming a set will get it working again. In other cases, you simply need to find the latest ROMs because something's been redumped or whatever. If you have Virtual PC or Boot Camp, ClrMamePro for Windows can often "rejuvenate" old sets.

Integra Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
One thing you can do is check your ROMs against MAWS - oftentimes simply renaming a set will get it working again.
I haven't done anything to the names of the ROMs, themselves. They have always had the same names.

Quote:
In other cases, you simply need to find the latest ROMs because something's been redumped or whatever.
Is there a listing somewhere, that shows which ROMs need to be updated, after each MacMAME release? In advance, thank you.

Quote:
Originally posted by Integra:
I haven't done anything to the names of the ROMs, themselves. They have always had the same names.
That's why you may have to do so....
Run a full Rom's audit (Report's Tab). Every games listed as unknown may just need to be renamed.

Quote:
Is there a listing somewhere, that shows which ROMs need to be updated, after each MacMAME release?
That's the exact purpose of the Rom's Auditing feature. You still have to update your romsets manually though.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Pernod, Duke), 20 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,158
Posts119,916
Members5,034
Most Online1,283
Dec 21st, 2022
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com