Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#14814 06/29/06 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by benjamillion:
hey dudes, i'm a new member here, and, for the past few weeks i've been having trouble getting some neo geo games to start on the arcade program final burn alpha. an error message pops up and the details given for it say that the asia-s3.rom is required, which is not in the neogeo.zip folder i have. help please?
You'll probably have more joy asking people who know something about Final Burn Alpha. As this is the MacMAME forum, about MAME for Macs, it's not something we're going to be able to help with.

Requesting and providing information about where to obtain ROMs illegally is also specifically prohibited on this forum . There isn't a secret club in the background emailing information to each other; those who want to obtain files are quite smart enough to be able to find them without help from others.

As R.Belmont says, if you can't find 'em yourself, you're not trying.

Simon

#14815 07/20/06 08:25 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Mame and Final Burn Alpha are both played on my comp, but depending on the games I play for some reason, both play differently with a different game I have. When I load Metal Slug 3, the files that are needed load, then all of a sudden when asia-3 comes up, the loading stops and a message says that the file is missing. Anyway, what's the use of having a Mame site if you guys can't even offer to help tell me which sites I can find Mame roms for? I have parental controls.

#14816 07/20/06 10:15 AM
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
This is not a ROM exchange board. If you want a ROM exchange board, search Google for one. It's not that hard.

#14817 07/20/06 04:45 PM
Quote:
Anyway, what's the use of having a Mame site if you guys can't even offer to help tell me which sites I can find Mame roms for? I have parental controls.
If you read a couple of other topics, you should understand the purpose of this forum...
And once again, you are not on a general "Mame" site but a MacMAME oriented forum.

JPS
Bloodbowl ? Strasbourg :
http://jpschuck.free.fr/blood
#14818 07/21/06 06:56 PM
J
J
It's also not a "whiny give me everything because I'm a newbie and rude" board.

Show some respect -- the guys answering are the guys who code MacMAME and other versions of MAME that run on a Mac. Without them, you wouldn't be whining about a ROM you couldn't download, you'd be whining that there's no MAME on you Mac at all...

#14819 07/21/06 08:22 PM
Quote:
tell me which sites I can find Mame roms for? I have parental controls.
LOL :duh:

Like if a parental control was giving you the legal copyrights ...

Read again the FAQ of this board.

Merry *XMas* (even Santa Klaus has dropped Classic support ...)
#14820 07/23/06 04:47 AM
P
P
Quote:
Anyway, what's the use of having a Mame site if you guys can't even offer to help tell me which sites I can find Mame roms for? I have parental controls.
I think I get it: you mean your system has controls installed by your parent(s) that limit the searches you can do?

As a guy who had parental controls myself (40 years ago) I sympathize. But the only thing I can suggest is to ask the parent(s) to help you do the searches if the controls don't let you do them on your own.

The Internet really does have some bad neighborhoods.

Regards,

Ps

#14821 10/10/06 09:25 AM
B
OP Offline
B
the internet was around 40 years ago...? 0_0

well ok i'll see what that can do

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Lord Nightmare), 45 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,835
Posts116,215
Members4,921
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020